Laois Intermediate Football Championship 2018

Started by The PRO, July 11, 2018, 11:19:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Jefe

Quote from: Jd on August 10, 2018, 12:03:45 AM
Was in park tonight. Courtwood were flying. Very fast and mobile. Timahoe just couldn't live with them. They seem to have a heap of young fellas who can play ball. The lad marking o Connor gat a black card and they brought in a chap who was arguably better. I'd say they'll take stopping now. Gonna be hard for timahoe to lift themselves now after a bad beating
Was very impressed by them. The pace killed Timahoe and they couldn't mark most of Courtwood's forwards. The young lads you've mentioned have all come off that very good St Paul's team from the last few years as far as I know.
Be hard for Timahoe to lift themselves alright but one win and they're in the Semi? Luck of the draw now

From the Terrace

Yeah same as that, thought they moved the ball very well. defensively very good in the tackle & pacey tight defenders. I think they will take a bit of stopping now. good to see the talent coming through.

The PRO

Was in Ratheniska last night.
Much improved Portlaoise. Brought in the 2 Rafters and Staunton and looked a different animal. No sign of Woolly or Kevin Fitzpatrick. They could have a say yet despite what I saw in round one.
Adrian Kelly very good at midfield. Downey good and last year's minors Mick Dowling and Maher very good.

Don Draper

Quote from: The PRO on August 12, 2018, 04:23:50 PM
Much improved Portlaoise. Brought in the 2 Rafters and Staunton and looked a different animal. No sign of Woolly or Kevin Fitzpatrick. They could have a say yet despite what I saw in round one.
Adrian Kelly very good at midfield. Downey good and last year's minors Mick Dowling and Maher very good.
Woolie is out for 6-8 week by his own admission. Was Rafter the fella who who Portlaoise went to the DRA for?

Laoiseabu

The PRO

Quote from: Don Draper on August 12, 2018, 09:26:52 PM
Quote from: The PRO on August 12, 2018, 04:23:50 PM
Woolie is out for 6-8 week by his own admission. Was Rafter the fella who who Portlaoise went to the DRA for?
Is that what's known as a rhetorical question?😉

Toomanygaels

I feel sorry for The Rock this morning. I detest what that crowd you played are doing. They take such a short term view on everything. God only know who they will have playing with them next year if they don't win the intermediate this year.
The way they have jumped in and out of bed with teams underage over the last number of years has been terrible.

Laoiseabu

Quote from: Toomanygaels on August 26, 2018, 03:54:42 PM
I feel sorry for The Rock this morning. I detest what that crowd you played are doing. They take such a short term view on everything. God only know who they will have playing with them next year if they don't win the intermediate this year.
The way they have jumped in and out of bed with teams underage over the last number of years has been terrible.
Sour Grapes 🍇

Toomanygaels

Not all. I just think these Gaels teams have ruined Laois football. The likes of Mountmellick would rather get a few players to make up there teams instead of working with there own club players. Pure laziness really.

SCFC

Quote from: Toomanygaels on August 26, 2018, 04:41:11 PM
Not all. I just think these Gaels teams have ruined Laois football. The likes of Mountmellick would rather get a few players to make up there teams instead of working with there own club players. Pure laziness really.
Be a Gaels team coming down next year too. Clonaslee or Ballyfin.

Laoiseabu

And you could stick Crettyard Gaels down intermediate aswell looking at them last night

Dave like the tv channel

Quote from: Toomanygaels on August 26, 2018, 03:54:42 PM

Not sure the Castletown lads explains the 23-point hammering.

Butch Cassidy

Anyone from the intermediate championship putting their hand up for a Laois call up next year?

Laoiseabu

Quote from: Butch Cassidy on August 26, 2018, 10:26:49 PM
Anyone from the intermediate championship putting their hand up for a Laois call up next year?
Well from MM you'd have Coss , Hanrahan ,George and Mullins all who have been in around the setup before so I don't know if that means they will be tried again . Keogh the goalkeeper for MM is Brody's backup .The Rock didn't have anyone this morning worth looking at same goes for Barrowhouse . Portlaoise and Joseph's are second teams so no . Rosenallis would be a young side but I feel no one yet up to senior intercounty standard anyway . Fennell was on the panel last year for some of the league but found it tough going. Then leaves Courtwood , well Donoher is on the panel despite thinking of retirement from Laois I hear , some decent younger players that still need to maybe develop for another year or two I feel . Lutrell has been on league and OByrne cup setups but nothing more . Luke Doyle for Courtwood is injured at the moment but I feel he might be worth a look at when he gets back to Fitness . Timahoe have Damien o Connor on the panel already and his cousin Ruari was part of the panel as a sub two years ago . Quigley is injured so I'd say he won't be back .Sean Ramsbottom has been on and off the panel too. Other than that Timahoe wouldn't have much and seem to have gone backwards a lot .

Downtheroad

Quote from: Toomanygaels on August 26, 2018, 04:41:11 PM
Could you explain how Gaels teams have ruined Laois football.