Previous topic - Next topic

The PRO

The draw is
Mountmellick Gaels v Courtwood
Barrowhouse v The Rock
Rosenallis v Portlaoise
St Joseph's v Timahoe

SCFC

Can Timahoe do it? Been very close for a long time now. Them or Mountmellick for me. And you can never rule out Portlaoise second team.

Jd

Was down in Stradbally tonight. A very young Courtwood team took Joseph's apart. They could be a good bet especially if they beat mm in first round . I'd only put timahoe and possibly mountmellick ahead of them

SCFC

Quote from: Jd on July 12, 2018, 12:15:43 AM
Was down in Stradbally tonight. A very young Courtwood team took Joseph's apart. They could be a good bet especially if they beat mm in first round . I'd only put timahoe and possibly mountmellick ahead of them
Maybe. Joes second team aren't wonderful though.

Jd

Possibly not and Courtwood seemed to have a strong team out ,they even had Donoher playing (excellent too I might add). Joe's maybe have one eye on div 1 final too so were possibly resting a few players

Heshs Umpire

Joseph's were certainly missing Peter Kealy, Tom Kelly and Dan Dunne only came on late.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

From the Terrace

Not sure why club officials from all other intermediate teams did not disagree with mountmellick gaels in this a 2nd tier competition back in February/March when it ratified.

Jd

Was in port earlier. Courtwood looked lively v mountmellick and did just about enough to scrape home. Probably favourites now but mm will still have a big say in it . They are a very big mobile team. Coss was very good. Courtwood have some fine talent coming true but Niall Donoher was just different class. 

FiveStars

Well done to our neighbours in Courtwood. Might be a year too soon to win it but I can now seen them in county final day at least.

SCFC

Was in McCann Park too. Very exciting game that backs up the theory about taking games out of O'Moore Park. Nice crowd packed into the stand makes for a great atmosphere.
Courtwood value for the win alright but I would say Mountmellick will still be favourites for the title. They can improve a good bit I think. Young Kinsella was excellent for Courtwood as was Donoher. Coss and Hanrahan were MMs best players.

The PRO

Someone said here recently that Portlaoise second team would do well in senior. The team I saw today wouldn't win the junior.

Jd

Was in park tonight. Courtwood were flying. Very fast and mobile. Timahoe just couldn't live with them. They seem to have a heap of young fellas who can play ball. The lad marking o Connor gat a black card and they brought in a chap who was arguably better. I'd say they'll take stopping now. Gonna be hard for timahoe to lift themselves now after a bad beating

Laoiseabu

Watch out for Rosenallis . They beat Courtwood last year in the championship and have already given Portlaoise intermediates a big beating in the championship this year . Themselves , Courtwood and Mountmellick are the candidates this year . Timahoe look past it at this stage and The Rock , Barrowhouse and Joseph's intermediates are also off the pace. Three horse race I think .

The PRO

Quote from: Laoiseabu on August 10, 2018, 12:57:29 AM
Watch out for Rosenallis . They beat Courtwood last year in the championship and have already given Portlaoise intermediates a big beating in the championship this year . Themselves , Courtwood and Mountmellick are the candidates this year . Timahoe look past it at this stage and The Rock , Barrowhouse and Joseph's intermediates are also off the pace. Three horse race I think .
The Rock won't fear Rosenallis. They mightnt be as good as them but they will get stuck into them. Rosenallis should win though. Mountmellick will beat Barrowhouse handily.
Joseph's v Portlaoise I've no idea. Maybe Joseph's. Portlaoise have their eye on the junior A it seems.

High Fielder

Is Callally involved with Rosenalis this year does anyone know? I thought he had the makings of a very good footballer