Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sam03/05

After watching the Sigerson tonight, Ronan O'Neill looks a great option at number 11, had a brilliant game, linking scores and getting scores

orangeman

Quote from: sam03/05 on February 22, 2014, 10:10:40 PM
After watching the Sigerson tonight, Ronan O'Neill looks a great option at number 11, had a brilliant game, linking scores and getting scores

Class act and great to see him back to his very, very best. Superb talent.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: orangeman on February 22, 2014, 11:42:40 PM

Class act and great to see him back to his very, very best. Superb talent.

Great stuff. A cert to make the cut, any news on the rest?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

tyroneboi

Thought he was the best player on the pitch last night. 11 could be his best position definitely would like to see him get a few games there for Tyrone at some stage in the league.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: tyroneboi on February 23, 2014, 12:46:25 PM

Thought he was the best player on the pitch last night. 11 could be his best position definitely would like to see him get a few games there for Tyrone at some stage in the league.
I have been saying this for a while now, his kick passing last night was first class.
im not sure he has the size or speed to play as an inside forward at IC level, ut has wonderful vision and passing.
Hopefully he gets a few games in the league at 11.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Redhand Santa

On hoganstand they seem to be saying mcnulty,Patrick Quinn,Kevin Campbell,Warnock and Cassidy have been cut. Surprised about Cassidy but he has missed a lot of footie with injuries so maybe is better out of the squad for now to concentrate on getting fit. He is a decent option from the bench.

everymanaman

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on February 24, 2014, 12:13:16 PM
I see that once again the teamtalk website has no report to make about our u21 team getting to the Ulster final, same last week, no comment either. Unfortunately we have become accustomed to this treatment from teamtalk, don't really know what the reason for this is, but it is something that has been noticed around the club for a while now. As far as I know they got a verbal volley after the semi final win over Errigal last season in the senior championship for the same reason. Surely if they can find time for the Ulster league (ie pre season friendlies), or some u16 girls league etc, they could at least make reference to the fact that we are in the Ulster final on their main page.

Is it as bad as the Irish News? Their report last week was shambolic.

LeoMc

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 21, 2014, 02:56:09 PM
I thought I was reading the club thread there for a while

No news on teamtalkmag either about the cut squad
I'd say it's a hard job and I'd say Shay Mcguigan is probably hoping the family name will give him a bit of scope. Niall McKenna will probably be sweating it out again
I wonder how ruthless Mickey will be with his older heads

Could Stevie or Justy have played his last game? Hardly think so.

:D

nrico2006

How did the Tyrone u-21 team do at the weekend?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

bigfrank

nrico2006

Quote from: bigfrank on February 24, 2014, 01:56:49 PM
hammered antrim in the final!

Good stuff.  Who all did they beat in the competition apart from the two Antrim games?  Any reports online from the final?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

smort

Not much coverage of the U21's so far this year. Strabane Chronicle have an article on yesterdays win.

http://strabanechronicle.com/2014/02/tyrone-win-fourth-shamrock-cup/

Mikhailov

Quote from: smort on February 24, 2014, 02:19:05 PM
Not much coverage of the U21's so far this year. Strabane Chronicle have an article on yesterdays win.

http://strabanechronicle.com/2014/02/tyrone-win-fourth-shamrock-cup/

Report in Irish News today as well - seem to be going well but got a tough draw in Ulster - the winners of Derry v Cavan will not be easy game.

nrico2006

Just after seeing the update on the Strabane Chronicle page.  Anybody know the team line-out?

The Beard

heard 6 men dropped from panel with more to follow after national league. as far as i know this wasn't mickeys choice who wanted to keep enough men on for full inside games but county board who want to cut costs. Biggest surprise is cassidy in some respects as he dropped last year too before being called up after regaining fitness. warnock never got much game time during his year or two, was he injured? the other four were men all called up, gallagher, campbell, quinn and mcnulty. gallagher and mcnulty suffering from injuries as far as i know.

very competitive squad and will be interesting to see who if anybody mickey drops after national league, whether young men or old brigade. Still no word on gormely, penrose or oneill back in fold yet so interesting how long it takes them to get up to speed