Westmeath Vs Dublin - Croke Park

Started by Croí na hÉireann, May 29, 2013, 09:19:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croí na hÉireann

At a loss to explain Saturday night, team apart from Kevin Maguire just didn't turn up. Dessie a big loss, probably more so mentally than physically. I didn't expect us to win but I did expect us to beat the spread. Our half forward line, which was probably our strongest line through the league, hasn't performed since the Armagh game. Need an easy away game like Waterford to overnight, bond and get going again. No point debating all the advantages that the Dubs have going for them as we've issues we need to address first.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

gwan-ye-boy-ya

Quote from: seafoid on June 02, 2013, 10:26:23 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 02, 2013, 09:24:20 AM
Quote from: Hardy on June 02, 2013, 02:09:09 AM
I understand and accept the logic of the back door/qualifier system and the benefit of more games, etc., and it's all logical and sensible. But there's still something wrong when a championship game effectively means nothing and both teams are still in the championship when it's over and nothing really is different as a result of the match. It impacts for me most of all when Meath play Dublin. It doesn't matter anymore who wins. There's something fundamental wrong with that and with the loss of the blood and thunder, all or nothing quality that these matches used to have. Gone forever.

If we had a decent team it'd matter Hardy.
Unfortunately they are 10 points+ a better team than us in recent years which means they play in 3rd gear and our lads play like they don't think they can win it anyway.
Back in 2005 and 2007 we had hugely competitive Meath v Dublin games, but we had the likes of GG, Fayser, Moyles and Crawford and what seemed to be a promising bunch of youngsters (Bray, Byrne, Farrell, Ward, Joe etc.).
We had the odd good day since but that was more by accident than design.
Maybe it was better pre QFs when if you had a bad team you'd get it over with in one match.

LOL LOL LOL  u a funny guy