Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

Quote from: gaafan2 on April 23, 2019, 11:20:39 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on April 23, 2019, 10:24:39 AM
It's on hoganstand. I can't get my head round it. All I can think is it's a way of getting mark harte involved with county teams so he can work his way into the big job?

Mark managed my own club a couple of years ago. He's a damn good coach.
ballinderry boys might not agree.

Gaafan2

Quote from: southtyronegael on April 23, 2019, 11:36:23 AM
Quote from: gaafan2 on April 23, 2019, 11:20:39 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on April 23, 2019, 10:24:39 AM
It's on hoganstand. I can't get my head round it. All I can think is it's a way of getting mark harte involved with county teams so he can work his way into the big job?

Mark managed my own club a couple of years ago. He's a damn good coach.
ballinderry boys might not agree.

Ballinderry aren't the team they used to be, everybody knows that.

southtyronegael

Well maybe he is a good coach. If so put his name forward and interview him for minors or u20s, not sneak him in the back door with some manufactured u14 team.

Angelo

Why are the usual idiots so riled up about this u14 side and the management team. For me I think it's brilliant that these young lads get the benefit of working with some high profile and highly decorated management and coaches. It's not as if Mark Harte has been thrown in as u20 manager or minor manager. And he has a fairly decent track record in any case.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

twenty one yard free

Not all good coaches make good managers

FFS. Mark cannot manage to trim his own eyebrows

BennyHarp

My first thought when I heard about this was possibly Mickey planning for what he wants to do with his time after he steps down as senior boss.

But I agree with Fionntamhnach, I really don't think having a county u-14 squad is a positive thing. The club and a bit of school football should be the players only focus at that age.
That was never a square ball!!

SkillfulBill

I think the county board have lost the run of themselves. U14 county development squads are a complete waste of time and resources. Nothing more than a job creation scheme for The family.  This county needs to wise to f up.

southtyronegael

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 23, 2019, 11:19:52 PM
My first thought when I heard about this was possibly Mickey planning for what he wants to do with his time after he steps down as senior boss.

But I agree with Fionntamhnach, I really don't think having a county u-14 squad is a positive thing. The club and a bit of school football should be the players only focus at that age.
do you seriously think Mickey will step down when his contact ends in 2020?

GlenMan

The County have been running U14 Academy squads for the last 6/7 years. No point in you all jumping in and criticising now.

They only have a few training sessions and blitzes in the summer months - Calm down!

Taylor

Quote from: GlenMan on April 24, 2019, 09:20:16 AM
The County have been running U14 Academy squads for the last 6/7 years. No point in you all jumping in and criticising now.

They only have a few training sessions and blitzes in the summer months - Calm down!

Totally agree GlenMan.
It has been running for sometime but now that MH gets involved people have an issue?

It isnt just Tyrone that has an academy at this age either - many other counties have similar

southtyronegael

if it's just a few training sessions and blitzes then why would senior management be getting involved? Nobody can tell me any of it makes sense.

trailer

Quote from: southtyronegael on April 24, 2019, 12:59:09 PM

if it's just a few training sessions and blitzes then why would senior management be getting involved? Nobody can tell me any of it makes sense.

I heard he is thinking of giving a few of the U-14s a run out against Derry and just wants to see them up close himself.

Angelo

Good win for the minors today though with the backdoor the early games don't really count for much.

I see Canavan and Murnaghan will now go with the u20s which I think is the correct decision for the sake of their development.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

RedHand88

Quote from: trailer on April 24, 2019, 03:28:38 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on April 24, 2019, 12:59:09 PM

I heard he is thinking of giving a few of the U-14s a run out against Derry and just wants to see them up close himself.

Mind you it would probably be enough to beat Derry

GetOverTheBar

Under 14 Academy question.

I don't know the answer, nor is it a loaded question.

Did Dublin do something like this 10 or so years ago?