Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommysmith

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 04, 2013, 12:10:43 PM
Normally at this time of the year we hear the horror stories about some fella leaving the panel of a challenge match defeat by 10 points to Leitrim etc etc.

How about rumors of flights booked for America for the week after the Armagh game.

Westside

Quote from: tommysmith on May 05, 2013, 11:01:49 AM
Normally at this time of the year we hear the horror stories about some fella leaving the panel of a challenge match defeat by 10 points to Leitrim etc etc.

How about rumors of flights booked for America for the week after the Armagh game.

You think there's truth to this Tommy? Perhaps the story is being warped. We've had situations before where lads have planned to go play in America after Cavan go out, whenever that may be. It's hard to blame them in those circumstances. But to have flights booked already... Hard to see us turning over Armagh if everyone doesn't buy into the belief that we are capable.

Itchy

If anyone has flights booked the county board should ring aer lingus, switch the players involved onto flights this week and drive them to the airport!
Now if this is simply lads planning to head off once the championship is over then I've no problem with that. Booking flights means you have no belief and no belief means you're no addition to the team.

rodney trotter

Sounds ridiculous, why train for the last 6 months and not believe that they can beat Armagh,they are a good side but not as if they are Dublin. It will be a big task with McKiernan missing, but still need to have belief..

Itchy

In fairness is probably bullshit, although we had certain players do it before.

BallyhaiseMan

I have no problem with lads heading away after Cavan are knocked out of the championship,as they will get some money over in the states for playing. To book flights for after the Armagh game however as Itchy has said,if it is indeed true shows a distinct lack of belief  in the abilities of the panel and  a personal lack of  commitment to the cause. This is not Armagh of 2002 vintage we are playing,we stand every chance of picking up a win in two weeks time. Some may disagree with me,but i am in the camp which believes if players leave the panel for the US before the championship has finished,they should be excluded from the panel at least for the next year. I hope that these rumours turn out to be only that.

Itchy

Terry Hyland seems to have quite a few enemies, you wouldn't know who is putting these rumours out. All you have to do is read the hoganstand forum to see some of them in action.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Itchy on May 05, 2013, 01:32:37 PM
Terry Hyland seems to have quite a few enemies, you wouldn't know who is putting these rumours out. All you have to do is read the hoganstand forum to see some of them in action.

I have no idea why,Terry is a very approachable and likeable fella.

rodney trotter

boards.ie seems to produce a lot of shite aswell. Like the clown going on about the trip to bonding trip to Athlone.

mylestheslasher

I agree with BHM, anyone who is abandoning the panel should not be allowed back for a year and maybe for longer as how can you trust such a person again? If recent history hasn't thought us this then we haven't been paying attention! Hyland certainly has people against him and as Itchy says you only have to look at some other forum to see an influx of nasty comments whenever his team loses and those same people no where to be seen when he wins. We all remember the famous Richiej too.

So Corr seems to be out and Declan McKiernan wasnt playing against Meath so that probably means he is injured too. That leaves Givney and AN other. It looks like Clarke is to be tried but we also have McCutcheon and perhaps Clarke? It will be interesting to see who plays where.

Westside

I wouldn't have Clarke at midfield. He just doesn't have the physicality for a central position, yet at any rate. McCutcheon would be my choice after Corr and then Declan McKiernan. Anyway it's still 2 weeks until the game so they could be back yet.

mylestheslasher

So what went on today in ballinagh. I hear there were allegations of biting. I didnt hear who the player was but I think I can guess.

rodney trotter

Game was yesterday. Poor carry on from the player, although he is a liability any time he on a football field.

tommysmith

Quote from: Westside on May 05, 2013, 12:26:40 PM
Quote from: tommysmith on May 05, 2013, 11:01:49 AM

You think there's truth to this Tommy? Perhaps the story is being warped. We've had situations before where lads have planned to go play in America after Cavan go out, whenever that may be. It's hard to blame them in those circumstances. But to have flights booked already... Hard to see us turning over Armagh if everyone doesn't buy into the belief that we are capable.

I don't know i just was talking to a lad and he had heard that quiet a few are going over.

rodney trotter

If a player was intending to go to the States for the summer and was currently on the panel, he would have been better off saying at the start of the year that he couldn't commit to County football for the year. I'm sure there is lots of lads that would like to play County football, somebody to be around a panel all year and then plan to go after the Armagh game, it doesn't sound right.
Maybe if they were beaten by Armagh and then decided to go for the rest of the summer to play some ball over there ,and get a few quid, that is different. Although they would still be missing the qualifier's.