Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoopmine

Were is that challenge game dya know?

Also Damien O'Reilly is VP who apart from one stupid mistake was one of our best players in the league and really upped his games. Congrats to both players.

rodney trotter

From another thread
Meath will tackle Cavan in a SFC Challenge at St Colmcille's on Friday night at 7.30. Colmcille's grounds is in Bettystown.

Denn Forever

Quote from: Itchy on April 30, 2013, 07:23:27 PM
Cavan and Meath have a challenge game on Friday evening.

Well done to st pats?

Anyone know is our minor game against Armagh on the same day as the seniors.
[/b]

According to advertisement the throw in is at 12.15 and 14.00 so I assume the minors are playing.

http://ulster.gaa.ie/ulster-championship-2013/
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

rodney trotter

It is usually the norm to play Minor games before Senior.

Itchy

I know that Rodney however in recent years some minor games have been played on different days than the senior. I was wondering if that was the case this year.

rodney trotter

From Hoganstand

Begs the question why we have a poor club manager from Leitrim in charge of our County Minors. As soon as we go out of Ulster he needs to be shown the door. If he can turn things around at this stage it'll be a small miracle.

He is definitely from Gowna, played with Gowna Seniors for a number of years and won a few Championship with them. At least get that bit right, he probably will go, as his term will be up.

Westside

He's from Gowna in the same way Johnston is from Kildare, not at all. Born in Leitrim, grew up in Leitrim, played with Drumreilly and eventually moved to Gowna.

Itchy

Is our minor team in as poor shape as the recent results suggest?

rodney trotter

The shouldn't be getting hammerings like the are, but the one team Cavan beat (Armagh), they will play in the championship. Armagh were missing 5 going by Hoganstand, but Cavan were also missing players.

Be surprised if he gets another year, next years Minor team should be good.

Westside

The 2011 Minors just ticked over during the league so it's not conclusive but it seems almost impossible that a team that lose 4-12 to 5 points against Antrim will beat Armagh a few weeks later. These lads have also lost to Leitrim Minors and Offaly Minors this year. I sincerely doubt that the management is unworried by these hammerings and have secretly used these hammerings to identify the magic combination that will beat Armagh. It looks like this is just a poor bunch.

Why do you say next year's will be good Rodney? Cause of the lads who won the Brock with Cavan last year?

rodney trotter

No, Brock Cup is u15 and half. I was basing it on St Pats winning the Rannafast Cup last November. The u17 Development Squad would be quite strong.

rodney trotter

Has Donahoe any connection with the Drumreilly club these days? He has been with Gowna over ten years and was a selector with Gowna under Eamonn Coleman. Suppose if the Minors were going well it wouldn't matter where he was from.

Shaun Doherty a Fermanagh man is joint manager of St Pats Brock team. Peter Donnelly from Tyrone is Cavan Gaa Development Coach. Be great if it was Cavan men, but they are doing well since Walsh went to Oz.

Mickybingo

Gary Donohoe just not good enough.  No record in Club Management in Cavan.  Was run out of  Belturbet.  Achieved nothing with Kildallon last year.  Got the job as Mc Cabes sidekick.  Who are the selectors?

rodney trotter

Fintan Reilly from Redhills is one of them , not sure who the other is

I suppose when he was with McCabe in 2011 and they won Ulster .it was probably easier to keep him on.  Very likely this will be his final year either way.
Mickey Graham had a good record at club level before taking the Cavan Minors, but achieved little with the Minors. Although weren't getting hammerings like this in the Minor League.

The Minors were good last year in the Minor league and reached the league Semi's. The championship performance and tactics against Donegal was poor.

Westside

Quote from: rodney trotter on May 02, 2013, 11:43:05 AM
Has Donahoe any connection with the Drumreilly club these days? He has been with Gowna over ten years and was a selector with Gowna under Eamonn Coleman. Suppose if the Minors were going well it wouldn't matter where he was from.

Shaun Doherty a Fermanagh man is joint manager of St Pats Brock team. Peter Donnelly from Tyrone is Cavan Gaa Development Coach. Be great if it was Cavan men, but they are doing well since Walsh went to Oz.

He had a big falling out with Drumreilly as far as I know. That's why he went to Gowna in the first place. Was Donohoe with Kildallan?? Didn't know that.. I know he was with Ballinamore and did the same sort of nothing there.

Would be nice to see Jason Reilly or some other former player take control for next year.