the Deel Rover

Quote from: Barney on August 25, 2007, 02:43:17 PM
John O'Leary

Kenneth Mortimer             Darren Fay                Tony Scullion

Tómas Ó Sé                     Kieran McGeeney       Seamus Moynihan

Dara Ó Sé                  Anthony Tohill

Oisin McConville            Maurice Fitzgerald          Padriag Joyce

Mickey Linden            Declan Browne          Peter Canavan

It is extremely hard though - you could pick 3 or 4 players for each position         

Ah Barney stick in a few more mayo lads, Jimmy Nallen ,Liam Mc, Ciaran Mc all the northern boys are giving their own counties fair support ;) ;) 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

From the Bunker

Really, when you are picking a players in a cathegory like this there are rules to follow:

You can't pick some one who was at the tail end of their career......Mickey Linden
You can't pick some one who is at the begining of their career.......Ciaran Donaghy
You are looking for consistency over a period of 5 years or more......Anthony Tohill
You are looking for a player who did not go missing in big games.....Peter Canavan
You are looking at a player who was a managers dream, no injuries, no sendings off, no stupid press interviews........James Nallen
You are looking for a player who was maybe not on the best team, but always turned up......Declan Browne

Really you could have 3 teams one for every five years.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 25, 2007, 03:09:08 PM
Quote from: Barney on August 25, 2007, 02:43:17 PM
John O'Leary

Kenneth Mortimer             Darren Fay                Tony Scullion

Tómas Ó Sé                     Kieran McGeeney       Seamus Moynihan

Dara Ó Sé                  Anthony Tohill

Oisin McConville            Maurice Fitzgerald          Padriag Joyce

Mickey Linden            Declan Browne          Peter Canavan

It is extremely hard though - you could pick 3 or 4 players for each position         

Ah Barney stick in a few more mayo lads, Jimmy Nallen ,Liam Mc, Ciaran Mc all the northern boys are giving their own counties fair support ;) ;) 

They would, wouldn't they!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Puckoon

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 25, 2007, 03:49:13 PM
Really, when you are picking a players in a cathegory like this there are rules to follow:

You can't pick some one who was at the tail end of their career......Mickey Linden
You can't pick some one who is at the begining of their career.......Ciaran Donaghy
You are looking for consistency over a period of 5 years or more......Anthony Tohill
You are looking for a player who did not go missing in big games.....Peter Canavan
You are looking at a player who was a managers dream, no injuries, no sendings off, no stupid press interviews........James Nallen
You are looking for a player who was maybe not on the best team, but always turned up......Declan Browne

Sweet jesus the standard of lunacy on this board just hit an all time high. Demonstrate one big game canavan went missing in, and ill come over and wash your car.

Puckoon

Maybe this should be a seperate thread, but how about naming two 15's, who you would like to play out, man to man.

Louth Exile

Quote from: Puckoon on August 25, 2007, 09:48:38 PM

Sweet jesus the standard of lunacy on this board just hit an all time high. Demonstrate one big game canavan went missing in, and ill come over and wash your car.

No point in laying all those rules down, the competition that inspired this thread doesn't have those rules. At the end of the day it is down to individuals opinions, some people won't play lads out of position (the way the all stars used to be done) and some will,(the way that they are now).

I also agree with Puckoon, you are well wide of the mark with your comments about Canavan, ask someone from Kerry, Armagh or Dublin (to think of just a few games off the top of the head)
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

From the Bunker

Quote from: Louth Exile on August 26, 2007, 09:13:58 AM

You are looking for a player who was maybe not on the best team, but always turned up......Declan Browne[/b][/i]

No point in laying all those rules down, the competition that inspired this thread doesn't have those rules. At the end of the day it is down to individuals opinions, some people won't play lads out of position (the way the all stars used to be done) and some will,(the way that they are now).

I also agree with Puckoon, you are well wide of the mark with your comments about Canavan, ask someone from Kerry, Armagh or Dublin (to think of just a few games off the top of the head)

Feck Sake Louth Exile and Puckoon what part of NOT do you NOT understand. I gave Canavan as an example of some one who DID NOT go missing in big games. JESUS ???

Puckoon

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 26, 2007, 12:33:57 PM
Quote from: Louth Exile on August 26, 2007, 09:13:58 AM

You are looking for a player who was maybe not on the best team, but always turned up......Declan Browne[/b][/i]

Feck Sake Louth Exile and Puckoon what part of NOT do you NOT understand. I gave Canavan as an example of some one who DID NOT go missing in big games. JESUS ???

I guess its been a shorter summer than Id have liked. The hackles were quick to rise. I apologise fair sir. :-X

Louth Exile

OK, misread your comments on Canavan.. apologies sir
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

neutral

Right just a wee word.  how many of those who said Declan Browne - seen him playing  more than 5 times?  Honest answers please.

Onlooker

I would certainly nominate Declan Browne and I saw him an awful lot more than 5 times.

donegal gael

declean o'keefe

kirean mc keever
darren fay
tony scullion

seamus moynihan
glen ryan
paul curran

anthony tohill
dara o'se

brian dooher
maurice fitzgerald
oisin mc conville

declean browne
peter canavan
padraig joyce

Louth Exile

Did anyone see this team named anywhere by BOI or the indo. Didn't see it myself and apparently it was named before the AI final. Will one of you please post it if you come across it. Curious to see how far out I was  :)

timmyot501

J O'Leary
T Scullion
D Fay
M O'Connell
P Curran
G Ryan
S Moynihan
J McDermott
A Tohill
P Canavan
G Blaney
T Giles
C Cooper
P Joyce
M Fitzgearld

Impossible really - If asked again tomorrow I would probably end up with a different team. Declan Meehan, Michael Donnellan, Kieran McKeever, Kieran McGeaney, Stephen McDonnell, Brian Dooher, Sean Og DePaor, O'Sé's, James McCartan, Martin McHugh, Graham Gearaghty, Declan O'Keefe, Conor Gormley, Declan Browne  - all class players from the past 15 years to present