Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayop

f**k them. A few young lads on a bus singing a song that everyone has sang at some stage in their life. The only people that will give a f**k will the the BelTel trying to make a fuss over it and I'm sure a few Unionist mouthpieces will get on BBC radio to have a cry. The c***ts are putting people out of their homes with these stupid cunting bonfires all week and will close the place down for their hatefest.

under the bar

Quote from: Jayop on July 08, 2019, 10:28:00 PM
f**k them. A few young lads on a bus singing a song that everyone has sang at some stage in their life. The only people that will give a f**k will the the BelTel trying to make a fuss over it and I'm sure a few Unionist mouthpieces will get on BBC radio to have a cry. The c***ts are putting people out of their homes with these stupid cunting bonfires all week and will close the place down for their hatefest.

100% agree with you in that no one with a brain should be offended. A bit of craic.  But... we've just about reached the point that kids can walk into the likes of Lisburn and Ballymena in a GAA top without the expectation  to get verbally abused or worse.  Videos like this just refuel the hatred and some will say it justifies the abusers.  That's why the air-head who took this and shared it deserves a damn good slap!  Send him my way and I'll give him a lecture instead of the slap I felt like giving him when I saw it!! >:(

redhandefender

I would say it will end making tyrone more popular in the south. These idiots time these marches every tyrone to cause most disruption and they love it. Most of them not from the mixed towns they are marching through. Im.not bothered in the slightest

paddyjohn

Don't burn your mouth on the soup there lads.  ;)

BennyHarp

I'd be pretty confident that the songs being played by the marching bands on the open streets, for all sides of the community to hear, where every bit as offensive as the songs the Tyrone lads were singing in the enclosed bus amongst themselves. The issue for me is the idiot who thought it was a good idea to share it on social media.
That was never a square ball!!

southtyronegael

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 09, 2019, 09:16:49 AM
I'd be pretty confident that the songs being played by the marching bands on the open streets, for all sides of the community to hear, where every bit as offensive as the songs the Tyrone lads were singing in the enclosed bus amongst themselves. The issue for me is the idiot who thought it was a good idea to share it on social media.
the song itself is not sectarian or offensive in my opinion. But why stoop to their level by singing it when a parade is on? We need to be above that. Must be some goons on the Tyrone panel with some of the shit we hear about them. Let's hope a gaa club in Tyrone doesn't get burned to the ground in the next week because of this stupidity.

RedHand88

Quote from: southtyronegael on July 09, 2019, 09:32:37 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on July 09, 2019, 09:16:49 AM
the song itself is not sectarian or offensive in my opinion. But why stoop to their level by singing it when a parade is on? We need to be above that. Must be some goons on the Tyrone panel with some of the shit we hear about them. Let's hope a gaa club in Tyrone doesn't get burned to the ground in the next week because of this stupidity.

Agree with everything here.

Imposerous

Gareth Malone.  Throwing his name out there as a potential successor to Mickey Harte. 

skeog

A bit of banter that overall is harmless.

Fuzzman

Quote from: Jayop on July 08, 2019, 08:36:21 PM
2018 - Dubs - final - winner
2017 - Dubs - semi - winner
2016 - Mayo - quarter - finalist
2015 - Kerry - semi - finalist
2014 - Armagh - Qualifier
2013 - Kerry - semi - finalist
2012 - Kerry - qualifier
2011 - Dubs - quarter - winner
2010 - Dubs - quarter
2009 - Cork - semi - finalist

So in the last ten years we've only been beaten three times by someone that wasn't in the final, and only once by a team outside of the usual top 3.

Yeah that's good analysis Jayop and what RHSanta has been saying for some time. Mickey really has raised the bar of where we used to be before he came along in 2003 and whilst many can argue we've not won an AI or beaten any of the top 3 in 10 years, we certainly have been a top 5 team now for a good few years. Mayo have gotten to a good few more finals than us and look the closest to Dublin but there always seems to be this argument who are the better team. They like to believe they are the most consistent team in the 2010s.

Personally, I think we will get to another semi and I think that game will show have we really made progress or not. I think if we played Mayo now it would be a hell of a game. Kerry would be interesting as they seem a bit like Galway in that they want to play attacking football but when they leave their defensive system they look very open. Donegal will be sick as parrots if they draw us again in the semi but I'd say maybe we're the lesser of two evils.
I love the super 8s and the runs we get in the back door. I much prefer it to the Ulster championship as Donegal have been sitting waiting around now for ages as have the Rossies whilst Mayo and ourselves have again built up huge momentum.

Jayop

Both ourselves and Donegal would be confident in playing the other if we both managed to get to a semi-final. Donegal would certainly prefer to play us and if they do that would mean they have won a group with Kerry and Mayo in it so they would be flying at that stage. If we finished second it would be because we've likely lost our last super 8 game at home and you'd probably just give Donegal the favourites tag.

Personally I'd much prefer to have Kerry or Mayo just to give us a chance to get that monkey off our back that I mentioned above.

omagh_gael

As expected, Petey Harte cleared to play on Saturday.

Jayop

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 11, 2019, 11:08:21 PM
As expected, Petey Harte cleared to play on Saturday.

Apparently only the Longford one overturned which is a joke tbh but no surprise. You can be certain he'll be targeted by the refs for another soft one before we have a big game.

tyrone08

Typical gaa. Couldn't admit a problem with the rules so they overturn only 1. Does this mean if he gets another 1 we are back to a ban again

Jayop

Quote from: tyrone08 on July 11, 2019, 11:27:27 PM
Typical gaa. Couldn't admit a problem with the rules so they overturn only 1. Does this mean if he gets another 1 we are back to a ban again

Yup