Father horrified to see dead son's name on banner at loyalist bonfire

Started by Loughers, July 12, 2007, 04:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loughers

Father horrified to see dead son's name on banner at loyalist bonfire
12/07/2007 - 15:25:08

A Coleraine father has spoken out against loyalists who put his dead son's name on top of a bonfire in the town.

Catholic teenager Aaron Hill died two weeks ago of a heart condition. Neither he nor his family have any paramilitary or political involvement.

His father, Peter, said he was stunned and horrified to see his 16 year-old son's name written large on a banner at a loyalist bonfire with the question next to it, 'who's next?'

When he tried to remove it, loyalists threatened him.

He then complained to the police but they at first said they couldn't take any action although a later statement said they were investigating.

The SDLP assembly member for East Derry, John Dallat, said it was a shameful, vile, sectarian incident.

maddog

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

cavan4ever

The lot of them should have been fuked into the fire when it was lit.

GweylTah

It is quite simply disgusting.

No surprise at PSNI inaction - paperwork, surveys and PR gimmicks are more their thing it seems. Are they really an improvement on the RUC?

Fishead_Sam

Ya & if one of these idiot scum get burned or hurt by fumes they will blame the police, firebrigade, local authorities etc.

Mentalman

Stories like that would make you despair, and believe that some people are so low they are totally and utterly irredeemable.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

stiffler

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

magpie seanie

The sooner the Garda Síochána are policing these parades the better. For all their faults they are better than the joke "police service" up north.

Hereiam

Until this sort of thing is dealt with by the so called police force up here, I; and I'm sure alot of other people on the nationalist side will never trust them. Jesus how long would a banner like that be allowed to stay put if our side were to do it. Fuckin disgrace PSNI (RUC)

deiseach

Given the widespread tolerance - even encouragement - at governmental level of the Twelfth 'festivities', I don't see what the peelers can do. If they're going to intervene in every bonfire where people are engaging in a naked display of hatred, they'd be stretched to the limit and beyond. Rough on Mr Hill and his family, but they've got limited resources.

SammyG

Absolute scum and not the first time a similar banner has been put up. There are some sick fcukers about.  >:(

Evil Genius

Disgraceful - both the original offence and the PSNI's subsequent failure to act.  >:(
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

tyroneboi

i noticed that this story wasnt on any of the local news this evening. they were instead talking shit bout how great all the celebrations were!! it was a disgusting act and the fact that the police took no action makes them as bad as the thugs that put it there in the first place!!

Rossfan

On RTE news yesterday they had a report from Antrim Town about the annual Hatefest.
There were shots of a sixty foot high bonfire with a large Tricolour on it with the lettere KAT.
I believe this stands for "Kill all Taigs"
Has ANY SINGLE Unionist politician or Orange Order leader condemend or asked for this disgraceful shit to stop?
Answers on the head of a pin .........
Maybe those who organise the Rossnowlagh picnic might at least have the decency to condemn it.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM