One Punch

Started by trailer, November 03, 2022, 12:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

If he was in a party in relation to a stag night, I wondered why no- one had went out after him to check where he went, after been put out. Most small bars don't need a bouncer, the rear /side door, at this bar is at the side of the road at a t junction. You can Literally walk out onto the road at this point. Tragic for all Involved, and 2 young kids left no father.

eachaidh

This is now a live criminal case and it is extremely unwise for anyone on this site to be posting opinions about alleged facts.

If there are admins on GAABoard, I'd advise you close this thread

GAABoardMod5

Quote from: eachaidh on November 03, 2022, 06:03:51 PM
This is now a live criminal case and it is extremely unwise for anyone on this site to be posting opinions about alleged facts.

Advice noted.  What is wrong with posting opinions?

Armagh18

Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on November 03, 2022, 06:36:32 PM

Another forum I read/post on have done this re the Mason Greenwood case, no discussion at all allowed on threat of banning.

Reason given is that anything posted could prejudice the case and get the forum into bother. Probably a bit extreme but they're just erring on side of caution.

Estimator

Don't think there has been anything posted on this thread (so far) that wasn't mentioned in any of the newspaper or tv reports that I have watched and read today.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Saffrongael

EC Unique is the only man that can shut down threads
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

RedHand88

Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on November 03, 2022, 06:36:32 PM

I remember there being trouble around the Irish rugby trial and tweets that had been posted by members of the public. There were fears it could sway the jury.

Obviously some people have strong opinions either way given the parochial nature of the GAA so it's dodgy territory to be in for a discussion forum.

nrico2006

No need to shut or lock this thread, irrelevant that ots a local person involved.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Jim Bob

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 03, 2022, 01:17:34 PM
Knew about this few days ago, hence highlighting some lads attitude on the Tyrone thread about the Clonoe game.

Think the difference between an incident such as this and any on field assault is that the death seems to occurs from the head banging off a pavement or kerb not from the punch itself.

gallsman

Pffffft.

WT4E

Quote from: tbrick18 on November 03, 2022, 04:03:24 PM
Absolutely tragic situation for all involved.

Really I wouldn't want to pass comment on either party as nobody here really knows what happened.
The sad truth is there is a family who have lost a father and another where the father is currently in prison.
There are no winners here no matter what the outcome.

Devastating for all involved.

The defence and prosecutors have agreed on the events reported in the media? All I see here is people talking about whats reported unless I'm missing something?

Orior

I hope the lesson learned out of this incident is that anyone who feels like throwing a punch (whether in the heat of the moment or otherwise) can lead to terrible consequences.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

rodney trotter

Quote from: tyrone08 on November 03, 2022, 04:54:31 PM
Very tragic and it can happen to anyone. However its the actions or in this case the lack of actions which is the issue. Leaving someone out there for 15 mins and then dragging them in without any kind of assistance is the big issue along with lying to the police at the initial stage.

Yes and Doherty was refused bail because of a few other incidents.

imtommygunn

Where did you read that? The article I read said it was due to it being a small community and the potential to interfere with witnesses which tbh I thought odd but no expert in these things

screenexile

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 03, 2022, 08:57:31 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on November 03, 2022, 04:54:31 PM
Very tragic and it can happen to anyone. However its the actions or in this case the lack of actions which is the issue. Leaving someone out there for 15 mins and then dragging them in without any kind of assistance is the big issue along with lying to the police at the initial stage.

Yes and Doherty was refused bail because of a few other incidents.

Where are you pulling that from??