BT INFINITY BROADBAND

Started by Gaffer, February 20, 2011, 11:46:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Barry McElduff is doing everything to get Broadband into Greencastle. Brought Arlene's advisors to Greencastle to meet the community and hear our concerns. (She was 'unable' to come) Brings it up at Stormont all the time, in fact she snapped at Barry during Minister's Question, as she was sick of hearing about Greencastle and he has been on the BBC, talking about Broadband issues in Greencastle.
Testing Accessibility

Massey-135

Quote from: Just_Browsing on October 19, 2011, 03:52:04 PM
Quote from: Massey-135 on October 19, 2011, 12:06:21 PM
I can't get Broadband in any shape or form, had a BT technician out at the weekend who says we live too far from an exchange. Is there any way around this? I wasn't speaking to the man myself, so didn't get to ask him

Does the online checkers say you can get broadband - I had a hassle with BT for a long time - An engineer came out and said we were too far from exchange - however our neighbour 100m up the road was able to get broadband - so I rang again - took the day off - seems second time we got an engineer who was willing to check a bit more - he went up the road was getting a speed of 2Mbs - but was dropping to 0 at our house.  I then asked him could it be a problem with the line/box coming from Pole to house as this would have been the same one as when house was built 20+ years ago.  He went up checked it/worked at it for 3/4 hours and replaced wires etc and it works fine now - 1.5Mbs or so - no Infinity yet but hopefully they will work on it.  Ziggy did you keep contacting asking about when it would be in greencastle - god if you can get it up there bound to be able get it anywhere  ;D

One online checker said I can get 1MB, but none in reality. Our house would be up over 20 years so that could be an option worth investigating. Cheers. I think there's a right few ones round our area, how many people do you reckon I would need to get signing up before North West Electronics would install a receiver?

ziggysego

Where has the ASDL Broadband in Greencastle? 6/7 years ago, BT installed a Fibre Optic box to Greencastle, to bring 2mb broadband to the region. They wanted to test the fibre optic technology. Once it was proved successful, they removed it from Greencastle and rolled it out across towns and cities across the UK.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Ah yes, I heard of one family up that direction who had broadband and BT couldn't figure out why he was able to get it.
Testing Accessibility

sans pessimism

Quote from: Just_Browsing on October 19, 2011, 04:16:00 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on October 18, 2011, 09:42:11 PM
Quote from: ONeill on October 18, 2011, 09:13:01 PM
Anyone's BT playing up this last 24 hours?

I was playing up last night with me.
I presume theres a 't' missing in that statement!
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

ziggysego

You're not wrong there san!  :D
Testing Accessibility

supersub

Bit of help/knowledge on the area would be appreciated.

Have had infinity for over a year now, but recently (past two months) it has been randomly cutting out to wireless devices. However when it stops working to these devices, it still works on the main PC which is connected via ethernet cable. This leads me to believe it is the wireless signal rather than the internet connection which is the problem. I have tried changing the wireless channel etc but it still happens. Anyone know what to do/what is wrong? Also I'm not sure if it is just a coincidence or if it has anything to do with the problem, but could my (new) blackberry have anything to do with the wireless cutting out? Seems to always cut out when I am using it on the phone (which is only about 2 months old!!).

Cheers.

PS normally have 1/2 laptops, ipod touch, blackberry and xbox connected remotely. Not always the same time though.