BT INFINITY BROADBAND

Started by Gaffer, February 20, 2011, 11:46:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Do you know of anyone with Sky broadband around Omagh fionn? Is it any good? Won't be doing major downloading, will mainly be general surfing.

Ended up going for their basic tv, phonecalls and unlimited broadband deal, £33 a month Inc line rental.

hairyhog

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on May 04, 2011, 11:25:08 PM
Got Infinity installed yesterday, rated for 40Mbps download & 9.8Mbps upload, running several speed tests sees me getting around 37.5 meg down & 8.1 meg up. It certainly helps that my local phone cabinet is less than 100 metres away. However I need an Ethernet connection to reach those speeds, using wifi even in the same room as the hub struggles to get above 10 meg down in g mode and even 13 meg in n mode, though if you get lower than this the speeds start becoming symmetrical.

BT engineer was pretty quick, less than 90 minutes to do all the work inc. cabinet and replacing the master socket.

Has BT infinity been rolled out in fintona? i'm not a million miles away but the landline checker says it's not available in these rural climes  yet.  Heres hoping its soon, 1mbps is a pain in the ass.

hairyhog

ONeill

Anyone's BT playing up this last 24 hours?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

Quote from: ONeill on October 18, 2011, 09:13:01 PM

I was playing up last night with me.

Incidentally, I got BT Infinity last month. A great job, up to 37mb now :)
Testing Accessibility

Gaffer

Quote from: Gaffer on March 07, 2011, 11:04:03 PM
Got a date for BT Engineer to come and install Infinity.

BT email clearly stated that engineer WOULD CONTACT ME before arriving at my property. Got up at 8.30am  to find a card pushed through my letterbox stating that engineer had called at my house and couldn t get access to my property and that I was to make another appointment. . I didn t hear knock as I was upstairs waiting for the call.

I rang BT and lady apologisied but said that there was nothing could be done only to make another appointment. Could not give me a reason why that engineer did not ring me first before arriving at the house.

I told her to cancel my order. I then emailed a complaint to BT . Still waiting for a response.

B@s@@rds !

Ziggy, did your BT engineer ring you before he arrived at your gaff?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ziggysego

Quote from: Gaffer on October 18, 2011, 09:46:26 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on March 07, 2011, 11:04:03 PM
Got a date for BT Engineer to come and install Infinity.

BT email clearly stated that engineer WOULD CONTACT ME before arriving at my property. Got up at 8.30am  to find a card pushed through my letterbox stating that engineer had called at my house and couldn t get access to my property and that I was to make another appointment. . I didn t hear knock as I was upstairs waiting for the call.

I rang BT and lady apologisied but said that there was nothing could be done only to make another appointment. Could not give me a reason why that engineer did not ring me first before arriving at the house.

I told her to cancel my order. I then emailed a complaint to BT . Still waiting for a response.

B@s@@rds !

Ziggy, did your BT engineer ring you before he arrived at your gaff?

He did, yes.
Testing Accessibility

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: ziggysego on October 18, 2011, 09:42:11 PM

You dirty fecker. Putting that 37mb connection to use no doubt!

ziggysego

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on October 19, 2011, 12:05:33 AM

You dirty fecker. Putting that 37mb connection to use no doubt!

It was a typo, obviously lol
Testing Accessibility

Massey-135

I can't get Broadband in any shape or form, had a BT technician out at the weekend who says we live too far from an exchange. Is there any way around this? I wasn't speaking to the man myself, so didn't get to ask him

ziggysego

Quote from: Massey-135 on October 19, 2011, 12:06:21 PM
I can't get Broadband in any shape or form, had a BT technician out at the weekend who says we live too far from an exchange. Is there any way around this? I wasn't speaking to the man myself, so didn't get to ask him

You can contact North West Electronics, they provide microwave internet broadband to rural areas, that can't get it otherwises.

http://www.nwewn.com/

However, you will need to other homes and businesses in the area to sign up to it, before they will install a receiver in the area.
Testing Accessibility

Stall the Bailer

Quote from: ziggysego on October 19, 2011, 01:55:28 PM

You can contact North West Electronics, they provide microwave internet broadband to rural areas, that can't get it otherwises.

http://www.nwewn.com/

However, you will need to other homes and businesses in the area to sign up to it, before they will install a receiver in the area.
I think they may have a transmitter on Bessy Bell, if you can see it from your house you might get it.

Just_Browsing

Does the online checkers say you can get broadband - I had a hassle with BT for a long time - An engineer came out and said we were too far from exchange - however our neighbour 100m up the road was able to get broadband - so I rang again - took the day off - seems second time we got an engineer who was willing to check a bit more - he went up the road was getting a speed of 2Mbs - but was dropping to 0 at our house.  I then asked him could it be a problem with the line/box coming from Pole to house as this would have been the same one as when house was built 20+ years ago.  He went up checked it/worked at it for 3/4 hours and replaced wires etc and it works fine now - 1.5Mbs or so - no Infinity yet but hopefully they will work on it.  Ziggy did you keep contacting asking about when it would be in greencastle - god if you can get it up there bound to be able get it anywhere  ;D

ziggysego

Infinity in Greencastle? No chance, can't even get broadband in Greencastle.
Testing Accessibility

Just_Browsing

Right - no worries - I was going on the above but you are maybe talking about somewhere else - you were giving me hope there for the country folk...lol.