The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mannix

The USA is looking like a place slipping fast, it's lost the competitive edge because it's too expensive to manufacture there and the regulations and government overreach makes it very difficult for any business to flourish.
India plans on creating 100 million manufacturing jobs over the coming years, imagine the effect it will have on the USA. It's going to become a services industry place.

stew

Quote from: mannix on November 23, 2011, 12:18:52 PM
The USA is looking like a place slipping fast, it's lost the competitive edge because it's too expensive to manufacture there and the regulations and government overreach makes it very difficult for any business to flourish.
India plans on creating 100 million manufacturing jobs over the coming years, imagine the effect it will have on the USA. It's going to become a services industry place.

No it won't, the yanks will bounce back. say what you want about the Americans but they are very innovative and I firmly believe that they will find a way to ensure that the economy will bounce back and that the job market will bounce back with it.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

thejuice

I don't see it will come from?

Where is energy going to come from?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

muppet

Quote from: Denn Forever on December 08, 2011, 05:44:54 PM
Others may beg to differ.

They can differ all they like. Communism has failed miserably everywhere. I would be slightly right of centre on most issues.
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

FFS. Muppet is to the right of Genghis Khan on football issues involving Mayo .

muppet

Quote from: seafoid on December 08, 2011, 08:06:20 PM

He was from Ballyhaunis wasn't he?
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on December 08, 2011, 08:30:20 PM
Quote from: seafoid on December 08, 2011, 08:06:20 PM

He was from Ballyhaunis wasn't he?
He used to be great in the FBD league but no use in the championship.

The Iceman

Earlier this month the National Defense Authorization Act was passed in the Senate basically declaring Martial Law effective 2012.
This law gives the Military the right to arrest and detain indefinitely citizens and non citizens without trial.

Anyone any thoughts on this? Or is this the first you have heard about it?
I normally try to stay out of politics but this is a frightening prospect for me......
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

muppet

Quote from: The Iceman on December 20, 2011, 03:26:17 PM
Earlier this month the National Defense Authorization Act was passed in the Senate basically declaring Martial Law effective 2012.
This law gives the Military the right to arrest and detain indefinitely citizens and non citizens without trial.

Anyone any thoughts on this? Or is this the first you have heard about it?
I normally try to stay out of politics but this is a frightening prospect for me......

Where, in the States?
MWWSI 2017

The Iceman

yes muppet US domestic only. Scary times.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

LostInSpace

Quote from: The Iceman on December 20, 2011, 03:44:40 PM

You living out there Iceman? That is a scary thought indeed! I know several people living in San Francisco illegally, had houses bought and cars bought, been there 15 years, got caught by US Immigration and arrested, in jail for about 3 days and then sent straight home.  House and car and all belongings left behind.  Its a scary position to be in!

muppet

Quote from: The Iceman on December 20, 2011, 03:44:40 PM

I'd be astonished, any chance of a link?
MWWSI 2017