Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on January 21, 2020, 10:21:37 PM
Reserve format to stay the same, but intention to continue running games in the summer even during breaks in Senior games.
Youth proposal passed. Aiming to condense season down.
Senior format to change to 4 divisions in 2021.

No surprise. Club reps tend to be assholes so difficult for them to stop acting like assholes for 2 mins and think of others.

trueblue1234

Quote from: trailer on January 22, 2020, 10:56:22 AM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on January 21, 2020, 10:21:37 PM
Reserve format to stay the same, but intention to continue running games in the summer even during breaks in Senior games.
Youth proposal passed. Aiming to condense season down.
Senior format to change to 4 divisions in 2021.

No surprise. Club reps tend to be assholes so difficult for them to stop acting like assholes for 2 mins and think of others.

Are you a Club Rep?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

The Bearded One

The outcome of discussions on reserve competitions from last nights meeting is very disappointing. For years now reserve football has been on its knees. My club discussed this at length and whilst we could see some flaws in decoupling the games we felt it had to be worth a shot in order to try to breathe some new life into the reserve competitions. I am astounded this was defeated by a vote and would love to see a club breakdown. I can see no sense in not trying this approach for at least 1 year. Yes it would take some fine tuning and imagination from clubs with regards to training/picking squads on a weekly basis, but surely it was better than the status quo.
It is what it is. Presumably.

GlenMan

Quote from: The Bearded One on January 22, 2020, 12:08:37 PM
The outcome of discussions on reserve competitions from last nights meeting is very disappointing. For years now reserve football has been on its knees. My club discussed this at length and whilst we could see some flaws in decoupling the games we felt it had to be worth a shot in order to try to breathe some new life into the reserve competitions. I am astounded this was defeated by a vote and would love to see a club breakdown. I can see no sense in not trying this approach for at least 1 year. Yes it would take some fine tuning and imagination from clubs with regards to training/picking squads on a weekly basis, but surely it was better than the status quo.

There was no vote but from the discussions last night the following Clubs were very vocally against it - Carrickmore, Tattyreagh, Loughmacrory, Clann na nGael, Glenelly, Trillick, Stewartstown, Castlederg etc.

I was hoping the changes would go through but as you can see both small and large Clubs were against it. 70% of the responses received by the CCC from Clubs were against change to the Reserve competition.

Eire90

So will there be 12 teams in division one will that be 11 games a season.

GlenMan

Quote from: Eire90 on January 22, 2020, 12:19:11 PM

Home and away so 22 games a season. From 2021.

square_ball

Quote from: GlenMan on January 22, 2020, 12:13:46 PM

There was no vote but from the discussions last night the following Clubs were very vocally against it - Carrickmore, Tattyreagh, Loughmacrory, Clann na nGael, Glenelly, Trillick, Stewartstown, Castlederg etc.

I was hoping the changes would go through but as you can see both small and large Clubs were against it. 70% of the responses received by the CCC from Clubs were against change to the Reserve competition.

Stewartstown spoke out against changing the reserve leagues having themselves conceded 13 of their 15 reserve games? You couldn't make it up!

Ty4Sam

Outrageous decision last night regarding reserve football. As stated already, clubs had to look at this as a positive for Tyrone football not their club, unfortunately too many clubs can't/aren't prepared to do this. From a quick search of last years conceded reserves matches a few of the clubs listed above featured heavily, the others, although may not have conceded, were still affected by opposition conceding. The mind boggles as to how these teams think next season will play out. Dinosaurs!! What harm could it have done to try this for a year??

GlenMan

I got the feeling that if the problems with Reserve football continued again this year then the CCC would use their plenary powers to make the change for 2021 without consulting Clubs.

Eire90

oh so an increase of 6 games so will league be starting earlier.

square_ball

I wonder where players asked opinions at clubs or was the decision made at committee level? Maybe clubs did ask players and that was the deciding factor? To be honest I don't know what was done in my own club.

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: Ty4Sam on January 22, 2020, 12:31:49 PM

Outrageous decision last night regarding reserve football. As stated already, clubs had to look at this as a positive for Tyrone football not their club, unfortunately too many clubs can't/aren't prepared to do this. From a quick search of last years conceded reserves matches a few of the clubs listed above featured heavily, the others, although may not have conceded, were still affected by opposition conceding. The mind boggles as to how these teams think next season will play out. Dinosaurs!! What harm could it have done to try this for a year??

Ok so we've heard some smaller clubs didn't want the change because they are working with small numbers. What was the reason Carrickmore, Trillick and other bigger clubs voted against it?

GlenMan

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on January 22, 2020, 12:41:02 PM

Ok so we've heard some smaller clubs didn't want the change because they are working with small numbers. What was the reason Carrickmore, Trillick and other bigger clubs voted against it?

They didn't want to split their squad up. Players move between both teams and they felt that separating the competitions would cause a split in the squad.

trailer

Quote from: GlenMan on January 22, 2020, 12:55:18 PM
Quote from: bigpackiechestout on January 22, 2020, 12:41:02 PM

They didn't want to split their squad up. Players move between both teams and they felt that separating the competitions would cause a split in the squad.

If anything it would broaden their squad with naming a Reserve panel for a Friday and then a Senior panel of say 26 for a Sunday with 11 Reserve players in it.
They won't benefit from this. The amount of teams that concede to the likes of Clonoe, Carrickmore, Errigal etc only starves them of games.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: GlenMan on January 22, 2020, 12:22:20 PM
Quote from: Eire90 on January 22, 2020, 12:19:11 PM

Home and away so 22 games a season. From 2021.
11 Starred games worth 2 points and 11 non starred games worth 4 points.