Maigh Eo v Ros Comáin 25-5-19

Started by Farrandeelin, May 12, 2019, 09:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

No surprise there given the draw.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Having caused the birth of the great Rhubarb team by losing to them in the 2011 CF.....
Wouldn't it only be fitting to be there at their death in Castlebar in 2019?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Crete Boom

Quote from: Rossfan on May 13, 2019, 11:24:47 AM
Having caused the birth of the great Rhubarb team by losing to them in the 2011 CF.....
Wouldn't it only be fitting to be there at their death in Castlebar in 2019?

Sure we died last year in the sunshine in a traditional old style shootout in Newbridge.
Only thing you can achieve on the 25th is losing to a ghost of a good honest team!
It's the Tribesmen you should be worried about in Salthill in June not a stroll around McHale Park of a Sat evening in May! ;)

Cunny Funt

Looking at the odds little chance given to Roscommon. Odds would be much shorter if Galway were playing Mayo but i suppose Galway got that monkey off their back 3 years ago and the rossies are still waiting to do likewise.

giveballaghback

Half way down the first page and not a mention of Ballaghaderreen, how times have changed.

Crete Boom

Quote from: giveballaghback on May 13, 2019, 07:32:31 PM
Half way down the first page and not a mention of Ballaghaderreen, how times have changed.

We are waiting for you Rossies to give Ballagh back to us. ;)

larryin89

Bookies have this Mayo 2/9  and with a five point spread @ evens.

Very hard to call , very hard to know where we are at . Cillian is a massive loss , Diarmuid is fit to play , Donnie Vaughan unlikely to feature nor fionn mcdonagh both struggling with recent injuries. Have a feeling the Kerry lad from loughglynn could cause us problems , a lovely lively forward with a football brain . Midfield is a concern , start with aido and ruane but who is the backup , still can't fathom why Jason gibbons was cut when we are struggling for Orthodox midfielders . Seamie is out also btw.

You'd still think we should sneak it but I would not be as shocked to see our proud McHale park record v ros since 1986 fooked up as some might be. I know some who have already made plans for the 16th of June in salthil.

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Rossfan

Some béalín bocht there Larryín  :D
Hope we can still be in it with 15 to go and see  what happens then.
Can't really see us batin them. :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Blowitupref

Quote from: larryin89 on May 19, 2019, 07:45:33 PM

Very hard to call
Surely with those odds and Roscommon's poor record in MacHale Park since the 80s makes it easier to call for you?

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

larryin89

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 19, 2019, 08:05:11 PM

Very hard to call
Surely with those odds and Roscommon's poor record in MacHale Park since the 80s makes it easier to call for you?

If every 2/9 shot  I ever backed had won I'd of retired by now on the winnings .
Re the odds you could also put it this way ,no sane punter would put 9k on to win 2k on Mayo to beat Roscommon in the present climate.

Let's say three of the newbies start and ruane is going to be in a vital cog position ,nobody knows how these bucks are going to take to it , if they hit the ground running and our regulars get their championship form of 13-17 back ,I've no problem saying we will manage Ros with relative ease but there is no way of knowing yet IMO.

Push me to  prediction and I'd go for our bucks but with no great certainty .

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

From the Bunker

Quote from: larryin89 on May 19, 2019, 09:58:34 PM

Very hard to call

If every 2/9 shot  I ever backed had won I'd of retired by now on the winnings .
Re the odds you could also put it this way ,no sane punter would put 9k on to win 2k on Mayo to beat Roscommon in the present climate.

Let's say three of the newbies start and ruane is going to be in a vital cog position ,nobody knows how these bucks are going to take to it , if they hit the ground running and our regulars get their championship form of 13-17 back ,I've no problem saying we will manage Ros with relative ease but there is no way of knowing yet IMO.

But we have the best panel we've had in years. We have won a National title beating a promising Kerry team in the final. Our players are well rested after an early exit in the Championship last year. We have our messiah Horan at the helm again!

Ok Parsons is out for the year! Seamie, Barrett, Zippy, Boyler and Andy are well into their 30's now. Keegan, Vaughan, Cillian have had some serious operations the last year or so and the limbs have to be getting battle weary from all the wear and tear.  We lost heavily to Dublin in the League. They still have our number and put the heel to the throat once again.

joemamas

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 19, 2019, 10:40:39 PM

Very hard to call

But we have the best panel we've had in years. We have won a National title beating a promising Kerry team in the final. Our players are well rested after an early exit in the Championship last year. We have our messiah Horan at the helm again!

Ok Parsons is out for the year! Seamie, Barrett, Zippy, Boyler and Andy are well into their 30's now. Keegan, Vaughan, Cillian have had some serious operations the last year or so and the limbs have to be getting battle weary from all the wear and tear.  We lost heavily to Dublin in the League. They still have our number and put the heel to the throat once again.

You sure about that,
Why make a comment like that when the guy is busting his hole to get fit.

moysider

Very hard to call

Ball is in Galway's court. They just had to sleepwalk to Connacht final and will throw every thing in kitchen at that. I expect Ros to go for Mayo like we're made out of ham and unless we're up for that ...... Mayo have to bring their best form into Roscommon match while Galway just messing around. Galway probably expecting Mayo there but if Ros beat Mayo I can see them beat Galway too.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: moysider on May 20, 2019, 12:04:20 AM

Very hard to call

Ball is in Galway's court. They just had to sleepwalk to Connacht final and will throw every thing in kitchen at that. I expect Ros to go for Mayo like we're made out of ham and unless we're up for that ...... Mayo have to bring their best form into Roscommon match while Galway just messing around. Galway probably expecting Mayo there but if Ros beat Mayo I can see them beat Galway too.

Yes moy, and I'm an awful man for relying on history et al, Mayo will have to be more up for this game as one would have you think. Everyone I've met is talking about meeting and beating Galway in the Connacht final. Let's worry about Ros first, as I don't think this one is as clear cut as the majority make it out to be.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.