Formula one

Started by RedHand88, December 12, 2021, 02:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Mercedes dropping their appeal.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 15, 2021, 08:02:09 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on December 15, 2021, 06:52:00 PM
As a matter of interest why are there no women in F1. As it's just about driving with no reversing or parking involved you'd think they should be able to compete ok

There is an all women formula racing set up
I suppose their pits have got lots of scatter cushions, matching curtains and a scented candle or two
Careful now

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on December 16, 2021, 01:45:45 PM
As a matter of interest why are there no women in F1. As it's just about driving with no reversing or parking involved you'd think they should be able to compete ok

I suppose their pits have got lots of scatter cushions, matching curtains and a scented candle or two

They'll be shaved for starters  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

smort

Casual sexism, you gotta love it  ::)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: smort on December 16, 2021, 02:01:40 PM
Casual sexism, you gotta love it  ::)

Yeah, cancel me please
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 16, 2021, 01:59:35 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on December 16, 2021, 01:45:45 PM

They'll be shaved for starters  ;D
Very good
Careful now

Hound

Hamilton boycotts the awards ceremony. Not so gracious after all.

Armagh18

Quote from: Hound on December 18, 2021, 07:49:45 AM
Wee p***k.

Boycey

People be consumed with annoyance and hatred.....

From the Bunker

Hamilton was Punked. He was as graceful on the day when you consider what the circumstances.

You'd hardly expect him to deal with the charade again a couple of days later?

RadioGAAGAA

To be honest, I'd say not many on here would have went either. Would you? Really?

I certainly wouldn't.
i usse an speelchekor

Hound

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on December 20, 2021, 07:12:09 AM

To be honest, I'd say not many on here would have went either. Would you? Really?

I certainly wouldn't.
If you judged a season on one incident, maybe, but it certainly all evened out over the course of the season (as mentioned Hamilton and Bottas took out Verstappen in separate races when Max had a 30+ point lead. Verstappen did take Hamilton out in a later race, but unlike the other incidents neither could continue).

But my point was the fake reaction by Hamilton after the race, pretending to be humble and accepting just for PR. I would not expect him to lose graciously and he didnt lose graciously.

Delighted for Max though. Fully deserved champion over the course of the season and delighted for Lewis to have to suck it up for once.

screenexile

Quote from: Hound on December 20, 2021, 01:51:47 PM

I certainly wouldn't.
If you judged a season on one incident, maybe, but it certainly all evened out over the course of the season (as mentioned Hamilton and Bottas took out Verstappen in separate races when Max had a 30+ point lead. Verstappen did take Hamilton out in a later race, but unlike the other incidents neither could continue).

But my point was the fake reaction by Hamilton after the race, pretending to be humble and accepting just for PR. I would not expect him to lose graciously and he didnt lose graciously.

Delighted for Max though. Fully deserved champion over the course of the season and delighted for Lewis to have to suck it up for once.

It was a complete lose lose situation for Hamilton. If he'd come out all guns blazing after the race, him being the sore loser would be the story. He had to come out and be humble etc.

You can be sure he hardly meant a word of it and I'd say he's seething that Mercedes haven't taken it to the top level, but for his own PR I don't think there was anything else he could have done to improve things.

RadioGAAGAA

I certainly wouldn't.

As Ron Dennis says; "Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser".
i usse an speelchekor

Franko

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on December 20, 2021, 07:16:53 PM

I certainly wouldn't.

As Ron Dennis says; "Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser".

Show me a bad loser and I'll also show you a loser.