Division 2 2024

Started by Captain Scarlet, January 16, 2023, 02:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 25, 2024, 09:39:52 PM
Quote from: Itchy on January 25, 2024, 09:35:11 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on January 25, 2024, 09:25:32 PM
Quote from: Itchy on January 25, 2024, 09:11:29 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on January 25, 2024, 05:28:24 PMIs Galligan back for Cavan?

Which Galligan
The midfielder who got the all star the year ye won Ulster- he was away travelling I think but maybe has been back since and I've missed it. Super player.

Thomas Galligan and no he's still on his travels. His brother James is on the panel though.
Pity for yourselves, rate him very highly he's the sorta lad you'd love on your team. Is big McKiernan retired?

It seems so, it was very low key. Maybe he wanted it that way. A serious servant to Cavan who never took time off bar a cruciate injury. I would've loved to see him stay and play inside.

statto

Quote from: tonto1888 on January 25, 2024, 09:27:58 PMArmagh name two half backs in the half forward line. Gonna be a long year
Conor O'Neill has played alot of football for Kileavey in the forward line and likewise McElroy for the harps.Would be surprised both of them playing there though.Would rate Conor O Neill highly but think there are better options than McElroy.Glad to see Conaty get a start think he could have a big year.

naka

Quote from: statto on January 25, 2024, 09:50:19 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on January 25, 2024, 09:27:58 PMArmagh name two half backs in the half forward line. Gonna be a long year
Conor O'Neill has played alot of football for Kileavey in the forward line and likewise McElroy for the harps.Would be surprised both of them playing there though.Would rate Conor O Neill highly but think there are better options than McElroy.Glad to see Conaty get a start think he could have a big year.

it's going to be a long year!!
And not in a good way
8 defenders playing against Louth at home
Jeez

Armagh18

Quote from: ranch on January 26, 2024, 06:43:50 AMYeah a very strange line up from Armagh. McElroy and Conor O'Neill both at wing HF is strange. I like O'Neill but McElroy has never looked impressive for us. Oisín O'Neill on the bench is an odd one, surely this is the sort of game we'd want him to starting, first game of the league at home? No Rian O'Neill named, is he carrying a knock?
Paddy Burns is still about the panel, I don't think he's ever stayed fit for more than two games in a row.
Shea Magill must be wondering why he bothers. Sub keeper when Rafferty is fit, now he's injured and he's still sub keeper. I just hope we're not taking this game too lightly, the Louth side that's been named could do a number on us if we're not clued in.
Conor O'Neill would be nailed on as corner or wing back for me. McElroy is probably underrated for some reason but don't like the fact we've so many defenders on, neither of those lads while good players in their own right are attack minded forwards.

Magill has shown himself to be suspect under a high ball and Blaine was solid for us for a long time before the Rafferty experiment started so not too surprised there. Surprised at Oisin O'Neill not starting but you never know could be changes yet.

Good to see Conaty and McGrane get their chance hopefully both can take it and give us more options for the year, two good lads. Best wishes to Forker as captain as well, a serious soldier for us for years and well deserved captain. 

statto

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 26, 2024, 07:30:30 AM
Quote from: ranch on January 26, 2024, 06:43:50 AMYeah a very strange line up from Armagh. McElroy and Conor O'Neill both at wing HF is strange. I like O'Neill but McElroy has never looked impressive for us. Oisín O'Neill on the bench is an odd one, surely this is the sort of game we'd want him to starting, first game of the league at home? No Rian O'Neill named, is he carrying a knock?
Paddy Burns is still about the panel, I don't think he's ever stayed fit for more than two games in a row.
Shea Magill must be wondering why he bothers. Sub keeper when Rafferty is fit, now he's injured and he's still sub keeper. I just hope we're not taking this game too lightly, the Louth side that's been named could do a number on us if we're not clued in.
Conor O'Neill would be nailed on as corner or wing back for me. McElroy is probably underrated for some reason but don't like the fact we've so many defenders on, neither of those lads while good players in their own right are attack minded forwards.

Magill has shown himself to be suspect under a high ball and Blaine was solid for us for a long time before the Rafferty experiment started so not too surprised there. Surprised at Oisin O'Neill not starting but you never know could be changes yet.

Good to see Conaty and McGrane get their chance hopefully both can take it and give us more options for the year, two good lads. Best wishes to Forker as captain as well, a serious soldier for us for years and well deserved captain. 
Would agree would have O'Neill in corner back in best team.If Armagh started Kelly and say Hall at 12 they would be playing deeper anyway.If they keep other 4 lads high up pitch and get good quality ball to them they should have plenty of scores in them.

5times5times

New year, same bunch of Armagh crybabies.

I'm sure the 4 high profile coaches/manager have a better insight than you lads moaning on a forum.

It's Louth, the easiest game Armagh will have in Div2. Why not try new stuff out.

Yaps

Captain Obvious

The way modern football is. Those named half forward are expected to put in more work defensively for the team than offensively. Wing half backs are expected to be your attacking outlets.

Oraisteach

No Rian ONeill? What's the story?

Captain Scarlet

Kildare moaning last year and what can we do with those pesky Dubs?!

So, instead of playing in the kip Croke Park off we go to Carlow. 1 hour from the northern towns with no direct public transport.

It's match day and no team named or panel known. But then in the summer there will be a moan about how can we compete with Dublin...

Mid table at best with no Dan Flynn today and Alex Beirne too.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

tonto1888

Quote from: Itchy on January 25, 2024, 09:44:44 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on January 25, 2024, 09:39:52 PM
Quote from: Itchy on January 25, 2024, 09:35:11 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on January 25, 2024, 09:25:32 PM
Quote from: Itchy on January 25, 2024, 09:11:29 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on January 25, 2024, 05:28:24 PMIs Galligan back for Cavan?

Which Galligan
The midfielder who got the all star the year ye won Ulster- he was away travelling I think but maybe has been back since and I've missed it. Super player.

Thomas Galligan and no he's still on his travels. His brother James is on the panel though.
Pity for yourselves, rate him very highly he's the sorta lad you'd love on your team. Is big McKiernan retired?

It seems so, it was very low key. Maybe he wanted it that way. A serious servant to Cavan who never took time off bar a cruciate injury. I would've loved to see him stay and play inside.

Glad we don't have to come up against him this year

Blowitupref

Half time Meath 0-5 Fermanagh 1-5 a goal just before the break puts Fermanagh three in front in Páirc Tailteann.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

statto

Quote from: Blowitupref on January 27, 2024, 03:12:00 PMHalf time Meath 0-5 Fermanagh 1-5 a goal just before the break puts Fermanagh three in front in Páirc Tailteann.
Better result for Fermanagh you would think but they be disappointed not have won that being three up in second half.

marty34

Quote from: statto on January 27, 2024, 04:21:55 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on January 27, 2024, 03:12:00 PMHalf time Meath 0-5 Fermanagh 1-5 a goal just before the break puts Fermanagh three in front in Páirc Tailteann.
Better result for Fermanagh you would think but they be disappointed not have won that being three up in second half.

I think they went 4pts up at a stage.

Blowitupref

Quote from: statto on January 27, 2024, 04:21:55 PM
Certainly the better result for Fermanagh.

Cavan 0-9 Kildare 0-6 at half time.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

p3427977

All these behind closed door games doing Armagh well so far.