Weather

Started by Lucius Fox, August 07, 2008, 02:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: ONeill on October 05, 2014, 11:19:21 PM
Planes circling over my head here looking for somewhere to land. Casement would be perfect.

Did you mean the derelict stadium or the aerodrome?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Flew into Manchester airport this morning, pilot fairly earned his corn for that flight!! Was very windy both during landing and when we got off!! ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Dr Kieran Hickey of NUI Galway sees a strong trend emerging. "Since November 2009, we haven't had a six-month period in Ireland without a significant weather event or disaster." The clear threat to Ireland, he told me, is not rising temperatures per se, but "more and more weather extremes from a system ramped up by climate change".

Orior

It was so bad in Poyntzpass yesterday evening that the crows had to walk home.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Tony Baloney

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 06, 2014, 10:12:47 AM
Ballykelly would be another one. Remember that Ryanair flight that landed in Ballykelly army barracks a few years ago? I remember RTE had a big story about how the plane was impounded following the 'incident', when in reality it was sitting back in Shannon. Ryanair had leased it from Skynet or someone. My brother in law flew it back from Ballykelly.
Not the one from the future?

AZOffaly

Maybe it was Skyjet :) One of those fly by night (boom boom) operations that seemed to come and go out of Shannon every couple of years.

Edit, just checked, it was Skynet. Nothing wrong with my memory. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skynet_Airlines

armaghniac

Farrandeelin

Quote from: hardstation on October 16, 2014, 05:31:19 PM
The buckin rain here is mental!!
Mad here too that time. Lasted for about an hour.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

orangeman

Shorts on Tuesday. Houses flooded on Thursday. Mad alright.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

pullhard

Very blowy today Hii!

armaghniac

Any posters in upstate New York?

moysider

Quote from: armaghniac on November 19, 2014, 09:59:47 PM
Any posters in upstate New York?

Bloody Styrofoam!

On a more serious note, feral mountain goats were seen dossing about Pontoon road yesterday morning. Sure sign cold snap is nigh -from people that have been driving the road for years.  :-\

armaghniac

QuoteBloody Styrofoam!

It would make a good caption competition, insulators from hell.