Weather

Started by Lucius Fox, August 07, 2008, 02:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: Jonah on June 05, 2013, 01:57:07 PM
Leaving Cert starts today, always seems to be good weather for it.

Best of luck with it..

seafoid

2 years is a long time in weather breakdown

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/b8bfa07e-1692-11e1-be1d-00144feabdc0.html#ixzz1fGnpkqYv

November 25, 2011 7:58 pm

Why climategate is a catastrophe for science

By Christopher Caldwell

With the UN conference on climate change set to open in Durban next week, 5,000 emails stolen from the Climatic Research Unit of the University of East Anglia, have been uploaded to a Russian server. They seem to show climate scientists acting with a partiality that is alien to the scientific method. One of them worries that climate change "is being manipulated to put a political spin on it". Another notes, regarding a planned study of tornadoes, that "getting people we know and trust is vital".
The emails are not new: they come from the same trove as those released on the eve of the Copenhagen climate summit in 2009. That earlier batch included an email in which Professor Phil Jones of UEA suggested to Michael Mann of the University of Pennsylvania that he delete certain emails, and another in which a professor discussed bullying a journal that had published a dissenting paper. Those sympathetic to the fight against climate change have dismissed the importance of these leaks. They are wrong. The emails weakened public support for the climate change fight. In the US they probably killed it.

Americans are running out of patience with climate change campaigning. The Pew Research Center recently asked Americans about a list of 22 "top policy priorities". Climate change came almost last, behind such issues as moral decline, purging the political system of lobbyists and simplifying the tax code. The only issue voters considered less worthy of Washington's attention was obesity – and one can see in any mall how little Americans are bothered by that.
Scepticism about global warming has spiked dramatically in the past two years. Pew also found that, after appearing on the public's radar screen in 2007, the climate has become less important to voters with each annual survey.

omagh_gael

Although it doesn't look like it summer could be on its way...you'd just just know the 12th July is round the corner!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2635167#outlook

EC Unique

12th is always good. God is a prod!

EC Unique

All of a Sludden

A wee drop of rain wouldn't go amiss. Twenty degrees on my way in the road this morning at eight o'clock.  :o
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

ballinaman

Quote from: All of a Sludden on July 08, 2013, 11:55:25 AM
A wee drop of rain wouldn't go amiss. Twenty degrees on my way in the road this morning at eight o'clock.  :o
Had a 99 from me breakfast....

J70

Count yourselves lucky lads - its been 35-37 C in NY over the past week.  High 40s out west!

AZOffaly

It's pushing 30 celsius in Newport, Tipp, today. Jaysus. Powerful stuff. 25 degrees in Ireland always feels hotter. Arizona used to regularly be in the 40s, but it was always a dry heat. I know people over from Arizona, who have lived there at least 15 years, and have come home for a holiday to Kilkenny. They were in Tramore and got sunburned!!

deiseach

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 08, 2013, 02:29:40 PM
I know people over from Arizona, who have lived there at least 15 years, and have come home for a holiday to Kilkenny. They were in Tramore and got sunburned!!

Sorry about that, it's set up down here that the sun falls particularly on Kilkenny folk when they visit. Had we known they were from Arizona we'd have arranged for them to have the good Tramore rays.

AZOffaly

No, they are Cats alright. Just home for a visit. Scalded Cats now I suppose.

deiseach

Well, I hope they learned their lesson: next time, go to one of your own beaches.

ballinaman

A baldy scaldy cat down the baldy in Tramore!

Hardy

It's like the one in the Book Of Heroic Failures (great fun) about a couple from Chester who went to Llandudno for their holidays. On their second day they booked a ticket for a mystery tour bus. You're not told the mystery destination until you get there. What was the mystery destination? Chester.

Syferus

I prefer the rain. The rain I can understand.

This shite? Never.