30 (34.5%)
Mayo by 4-6
7 (8%)
Mayo by 7+
3 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 87

Voting closed: September 17, 2016, 04:26:48 PM

Dinny Breen

My grandmother was from Tubber Hill in Westport so slighly biased but i think Mayo will squeeze home by 2.
#newbridgeornowhere

JoG2

Croí na hÉireann

Not biased at all. My mother is from Mayo GAA country but that is balanced out by the mother in law being from Mayo itself.

Dublin win for me. Kerry have lifted the lid on over committing on the Dublin kickout and they won't be caught like that again. Kerry game will bring them on whereas Mayo have only limped by Tyrone. They struggled at times against Tipp and Dublin are on another level so they will win by 3.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

From the Bunker

It's Dublin's to lose! Cannot see anything other than a Dublin win playing at home. And sure they beat Kerry! Kerry are way better than Mayo?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 06, 2016, 05:02:15 PM
It's Dublin's to lose! Cannot see anything other than a Dublin win playing at home. And sure they beat Kerry! Kerry are way better than Mayo?

Come on FTB everyone knows that's a motivation for other teams and they try even harder, it's actually a negative for Dublin. So not having that.
#newbridgeornowhere

muppet

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 06, 2016, 05:05:37 PM

Come on FTB everyone knows that's a motivation for other teams and they try even harder, it's actually a negative for Dublin. So not having that.

Yea, both Mayo and Dublin have been Division 1 for yonks, so we frequently played there in the League in recent years as well as regular Championship appearances since 2011. Croke Park isn't a problem for us.
MWWSI 2017

J70

My mother is also a Mayo woman, and while I'd like to see them do it, Dublin just have too many options and will win with at least four or five points to spare, especially if Connolly puts in a bit of practice at the one on ones with keeper. An outstanding team who will cement their legacy as one of the greatest ever. Mayo will have to be content with being rated on of the best NOT to win it, for another year at least.

heffo

Quote from: muppet on September 06, 2016, 05:11:45 PM

Yea, both Mayo and Dublin have been Division 1 for yonks, so we frequently played there in the League in recent years as well as regular Championship appearances since 2011. Croke Park isn't a problem for us.

After the hissy fit two years ago having to make you're way through the Gort pig market of a Saturday for the replay, you'd better hold your whisht!

muppet

Quote from: heffo on September 06, 2016, 05:14:16 PM

After the hissy fit two years ago having to make you're way through the Gort pig market of a Saturday for the replay, you'd better hold your whisht!

We were booted out of Croke Park just in case they needed it for a Dublin replay. That was outrageous in my opinion.
MWWSI 2017

heffo

Quote from: muppet on September 06, 2016, 05:27:04 PM

We were booted out of Croke Park just in case they needed it for a Dublin replay. That was outrageous in my opinion.

Well look you're getting to play there Sunday week so lets let bygones be bygones

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ballinaman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 06, 2016, 07:26:45 PM
I voted a Dublin win.
3 scenarios are likely...

A) Dublin win handy, 6 points +
B) Dublin close out tight game with a power play in the last few minutes
C) Mayo win tight game.

However, Farr thinks Dublin will win so the above are null and void. Mayo to win!

mayo.mick

mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

muppet

Quote from: heffo on September 06, 2016, 06:38:48 PM
Quote from: muppet on September 06, 2016, 05:27:04 PM

Well look you're getting to play there Sunday week so lets let bygones be bygones

I was agreeing with you until you sent me off to Limerick.  :D
MWWSI 2017

The Aristocrat

Mayo by 4 if the Ref lets Mayo away will their usual persisting fouling and trying to stop opposition play.

Dubs will get nothing off the ref this time round.