AISF Mayo v Dublin

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 09, 2015, 01:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

INDIANA

Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 01, 2015, 08:04:36 PM
If Connolly had one what COC had done it would have got more attention but I like all other neutrals doesn't think it would warrants a ban as in the context of what was happening to him it looks like he was trying to get free of his marker albeit been slightly reckless at the same time. COC is lucky he's not perceived as a dirty player even though he saw red in last years replay and was lucky not to be sent off in the final in 2012.

As far as I can see what COC did was an isolated incident as opposed to the several incidents of dirty and cynical play from the Dubs.

You missed the bit where he hit Connolly on the ground during the Keegan incident.  Don't why he doesn't just try and ref the game as he never stops at the referee.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: INDIANA on September 01, 2015, 08:51:04 PM
If Connolly had one what COC had done it would have got more attention but I like all other neutrals doesn't think it would warrants a ban as in the context of what was happening to him it looks like he was trying to get free of his marker albeit been slightly reckless at the same time. COC is lucky he's not perceived as a dirty player even though he saw red in last years replay and was lucky not to be sent off in the final in 2012.

As far as I can see what COC did was an isolated incident as opposed to the several incidents of dirty and cynical play from the Dubs.

You missed the bit where he hit Connolly on the ground during the Keegan incident.  Don't why he doesn't just try and ref the game as he never stops at the referee.

I've watched it several times and it doesn't look like COC hit Connolly.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 01, 2015, 08:57:33 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 01, 2015, 08:51:04 PM

I've watched it several times and it doesn't look like COC hit Connolly.

Coc digged Connolly in the ribs, get yourself to spec savers lad

ashman

Thought dublin looked very flat the last day.  MDMA looks to have lost that kick of pace. 

Paul Flynn and Connolly look tired .  The next day may tell if this was a one off or something more permanent.

Them lads have an awful lot of work done since 2010. 

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Tubberman

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on September 01, 2015, 09:41:52 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 01, 2015, 09:37:11 PM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on September 01, 2015, 09:07:41 PM
A picture paints a thousand words.

http://www.irishtimes.com/polopoly_fs/1.2335425.1441050267!/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/box_620_330/image.jpg

Two players tugging each others jerseys.

Nail on the head - Two players tugging each others jerseys.

Yes, O'Shea is grabbing his jersey and vice versa.
Nobody from Mayo is suggesting our players don't foul or are free from sin. But you lads are so blinkered it's beyond belief.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

galwayman

QuoteYou missed the bit where he hit Connolly on the ground during the Keegan incident.  Don't why he doesn't just try and ref the game as he never stops at the referee.
I only saw one very quick clip of the COC incident afterwards so would need to see it again to judge properly on that one. He obviously caught him as O Carroll got a bad gash as a result but whether he was trying to just free himself & accidentally caught him or not I'd reserve judgement on.
I agree with you though - I have noticed with O Connor over the last few seasons that he is constantly on to the referee trying to get opponents carded. It doesn't reflect well on him & it looks very bad.
An example was the constant roaring of "he has to go, he has to go" on Sunday when his brother had his jersey pulled by Cian O Sullivan (cynical yes - but not a black card offence).
He's obviously a fine footballer but I'd like to see less of that craic from him.

LeoMc

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on September 01, 2015, 06:51:44 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 01, 2015, 06:47:15 PM
good job am either then

It's not the point, most Tyrone Dublin fans hold their hands regarding some of their players antics, it's the media campaign and majority of Derry / Armagh / WUM's mayos bucks tone on the Cabvanagh / McCann / etc OCarroll incident that grinds my gears....... "Ah sure he was pulling out of him and it was ok to lash out"

Ignore the WUM's and look to the positives from the game

Lar Naparka

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 01, 2015, 08:17:57 PM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 01, 2015, 07:49:39 PM
Quote from: Nihilist on September 01, 2015, 07:02:41 PM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on September 01, 2015, 06:51:44 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 01, 2015, 06:47:15 PM
good job am either then

It's not the point, most Dublin fans hold their hands regarding some of their players antics, it's the media campaign and majority of mayos bucks tone on the OCarroll incident that grinds my gears....... "Ah sure he was pulling out of him and it was ok to lash out"

I assume you don't count yourself, aristoprat or the indian in that bracket.

Attack the post, not the poster, no need for name calling. I am yes defending my own but someone has to or it would be a free for all in no Dublin posters post.

Il stop posting on this thread now and would like to wish the best of luck to the 16 men of Mayo who will start on Saturday.

Mayo by 9 points and will win the free count 27 to 6.

Is this definitely your last post so aristo??  ;D ;D
Know what?
I think this buck is a wum; he's really Tony Fearon. ;D
How many times has the bould Tony said he wasn't  going to post any more on just about every thread he mucks up, only to forget his good intentions and starts spouting crap again?
Another thing, there's a load of seriously blinkered Dubbies on this thread. You'd think , if you paid attention to any of them, that Joe Mac was wearing a Mayo jersey when he was dishing out frees. The reason we're told is that Joe was totally clueless and not that the Dublin player practicing the dark arts they're so well  used to.
But that  doesn't explain why many of them started to remonstrate with Joe when he blew them up (yet again)
How many times did the ref move the ball forward for dissent, making COC's task of scoring so much easier.
They were plainly rattled from the off and no amount of waffle will disguise the fact they resorted to fouling out of pure panic.
Dammit, Mayo aren't exactly a choir of schoolboys but they didn't give away soft frees within scoring distance.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

The Hill is Blue

I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on September 02, 2015, 11:49:20 AM
It looks like Connolly finished off what Keegan started.

http://cdn2.independent.ie/incoming/article31495966.ece/601be/ALTERNATES/h342/60%20death%20of%20respect%201048004.jpg

Headlock clearly seen, cutting off the air supply, sure if u can lash out like OConnor did on OCarroll for hands around the waist, you can lash out for a choke hold

deiseach

Is that like one of them Magic Eye images?