AISF Mayo v Dublin

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 09, 2015, 01:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

Farrandeelin

Only good thing to come out of yesterday is that Mayo are still in the champuonship.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

vallankumous

Quote from: Nihilist on August 31, 2015, 04:15:43 PM

Ya looked at it in slowmo. O'Shea pulled him in. And then Philly went in with the head for the nose.

I don't think so. If he wanted to headbutt him he would have and we know for sure. You know when someone is headbutted on the nose.

JoG2

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 31, 2015, 04:07:46 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on August 31, 2015, 04:05:37 PM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 31, 2015, 03:55:57 PM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 31, 2015, 03:53:08 PM
Proof that Philly Mc did not headbutt O Shea, only leaned his head towards him, no contact made, slow it down if you like:

https://twitter.com/DubMatchTracker?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Brilliant footage, Philly did an excellent job all day on OShea, what a snakes manoeuvre by OShea

As was mentioned during the game,  it was a mismatch.  It was like poodle marking a grizzly bear

Then why was the 'grizzly bear' held scoreless?

I shouldn't have to spell it out Mr negative surely? You'd know enough to answer that yourself

Syferus

Proof that Philly Mc did not headbutt O Shea, only leaned his head towards him, no contact made, slow it down if you like:

https://twitter.com/DubMatchTracker?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Brilliant footage, Philly did an excellent job all day on OShea, what a snakes manoeuvre by OShea

McMahon was acting the maggot yesterday. Fouling all day and never had a proper grasp on AOS even with two men backing him up at all times.

He held his face as if AOS had raked him across the eyes when they collided accidentally in the second half even though the replay showed AOS never touched McMahon's face with his hand. The ref had to get the linesman in before he knew there was nothing in it.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 31, 2015, 04:22:34 PM
Only good thing to come out of yesterday is that Mayo are still in the champuonship.

That and Cillian has got his free taking boots back on!

mikehunt

Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 31, 2015, 04:08:55 PM

This happened to you lads a long time ago, im just stating facts. There is a clear anti Dubs agenda on this site and in the media. It needed balance.

You have nearly a quarter of the country's population. You have received massive investment at all level's at the expense of other counties. You get big companies to sponsor you. You get to play all games at home, with one stand give to the home supporters all the time. You have all this and yet only win 3 All-Irelands in 30 years. Some people claim victimisation, others would say over-rated.

Tyrone who have a fraction of the population and investment win the same number of All-irelands in 5 years get pilloried on a regular basis (some of it justified). I would consider them to be more worthy victims of the media.

Have u read the Evening Heddled lately?

The Aristocrat

Quote from: Syferus on August 31, 2015, 04:32:06 PM

McMahon was acting the maggot yesterday. Fouling all day and never had a proper grasp on AOS even with two men backing him up at all times.

He held his face as if AOS had raked him across the eyes when they collided accidentally in the second half even though the replay showed AOS never touched McMahon's face with his hand. The ref had to get the linesman in before he knew there was nothing in it.

Not accurate, how many fouls did McMahon give away, I watched both closely, Philly had him under raps and O Shea who is meant to be the best player in the country didn't get much of a sniff of him. O Shea was acting the maggot in that incident you refer too. A lot of the Mayo team know how to play up to the officials.

AZOffaly

O'Shea, who is meant to be the best player in the country - according to JIM GAVIN!

The Aristocrat

Quote from: mikehunt on August 31, 2015, 04:35:57 PM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 31, 2015, 04:08:55 PM

This happened to you lads a long time ago, im just stating facts. There is a clear anti Dubs agenda on this site and in the media. It needed balance.

You have nearly a quarter of the country's population. You have received massive investment at all level's at the expense of other counties. You get big companies to sponsor you. You get to play all games at home, with one stand give to the home supporters all the time. You have all this and yet only win 3 All-Irelands in 30 years. Some people claim victimisation, others would say over-rated.

Tyrone who have a fraction of the population and investment win the same number of All-irelands in 5 years get pilloried on a regular basis (some of it justified). I would consider them to be more worthy victims of the media.

Have u read the Evening Heddled lately?

Don't read the papers, all agenda driven rags. All of them. Its Herald by the way!

I agree with you on Tyrone, I was cheering for them v Kerry, they get a hard time of you guys and media, Kerry and Brolly driven, the rest of you post is rubbish, gain Dublin bias.

Tubberman

Have a look at this - Connolly was the man who started with Keegan.
And O'Connor certainly does not strike Connolly.

https://t.co/IYZoJ7S73b
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

50fiftyball

Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 31, 2015, 04:37:25 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 31, 2015, 04:32:06 PM

Not accurate, how many fouls did McMahon give away, I watched both closely, Philly had him under raps and O Shea who is meant to be the best player in the country didn't get much of a sniff of him. O Shea was acting the maggot in that incident you refer too. A lot of the Mayo team know how to play up to the officials.

O'Shea was fouled by McMahon numerous times, but he only got 3 scorable frees, and had a penalty claim also after McMahon was all over him. I'd argue that if it weren't for the help of both Cian O'Sullivan and Cluxton  McMahon would have been annihilated 1v1, he simply couldn't prevent O'Shea's advances as the ball virtually stuck to him when there was accurate long ball played in to his hands, McMahon had to end up fouling him until help arrived.

vallankumous

Quote from: Tubberman on August 31, 2015, 04:45:31 PM

Looks like the ref got it spot on.

Nihilist

Quote from: vallankumous on August 31, 2015, 04:22:44 PM
Quote from: Nihilist on August 31, 2015, 04:15:43 PM

Ya looked at it in slowmo. O'Shea pulled him in. And then Philly went in with the head for the nose.

I don't think so. If he wanted to headbutt him he would have and we know for sure. You know when someone is headbutted on the nose.

So you're calling O'Shea a liar. Frankly after all the videos I have seen on it I'm inclined to believe that O'Shea told the truth when he said he was headbutted. Whether Philly went full blast or not to make sure he broke his nose and made s**t of him is another thing.

vallankumous

seafoid

Quote from: vallankumous on August 31, 2015, 05:09:56 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on August 31, 2015, 04:45:31 PM

Looks like the ref got it spot on.
very hard game to ref. Dubs were very cynical too.