AISF Mayo v Dublin

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 09, 2015, 01:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

mikehunt

Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 31, 2015, 03:48:18 PM
Eddie Kinsella has got the gig as referee, that's Dublin gone now, will get nothing now, especially with all the media bias towards Dublin.  Mayo by 6.

AIG money might have something to say about that.

whitey

Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 31, 2015, 03:53:08 PM
Proof that Philly Mc did not headbutt O Shea, only leaned his head towards him, no contact made, slow it down if you like:

https://twitter.com/DubMatchTracker?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

A nothing incident. Non Dubs media and Mayo players and management milking it. Apparently the Mayo management were also trying to influence the ref at half time regarding O Shea, influencing officials, what next.

LOL...I think you could say thats clear proof that he DID headbut him

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 31, 2015, 03:55:57 PM
Proof that Philly Mc did not headbutt O Shea, only leaned his head towards him, no contact made, slow it down if you like:

https://twitter.com/DubMatchTracker?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

There doesn't have to be contact for it to be a red card though
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: mikehunt on August 31, 2015, 03:57:10 PM
Eddie Kinsella has got the gig as referee, that's Dublin gone now, will get nothing now, especially with all the media bias towards Dublin.  Mayo by 6.

Where'd you hear?

Bingo

Some craic the post match "analysis" these days.

If the TMO needs as long to sort out all these incidents during a game we may bring our sleeping bags to games. I'd heard people say, "sure we'll go to Dublin for the game and make a weekend of it" but literally they will have to make a weekend of it now.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 31, 2015, 03:58:17 PM

There doesn't have to be contact for it to be a red card though

So it was the Mayo sniper on the grassy hill that clipped OCarrolls head too  ::) ::)

Double standards are relentless here.............. Scumbags to hep c victims to coke heads gushed on this site regarding Dublin fans, I recall Johnny Cooper being stabbed recently by a lad from a particular part of the country 

Nihilist

Quote from: laoislad on August 31, 2015, 03:50:41 PM
Quote from: Nihilist on August 31, 2015, 03:26:10 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 31, 2015, 03:17:26 PM
Not at all. I'm just saying it wasn't the same thing at all. You seem determined to imply the Dubs were being unsporting there. They weren't.

Calling it anything else give everyone a licence to use it.
They started Oleing at a GAA match.
Its unsporting and nothing less.
Oh shut up would you ffs.
Every year we have this shite comparing football to soccer.
I don't like the Dubs but oleing at a game isn't unsporting and it does add to the atmosphere.
Why do we always have to hear about how you'd only see that in a soccer game(diving,cheating,trying to get an opponent booked) when it's just as rampant in gaelic football.
This notion that the Gaa and Gaelic football in particular is above all that is ridiculous.

If you want GAA to turn more into soccer then this is another thing to allow to be brought in. Taunt the other supporters. H'mm so whats after that and Where does it end? More diving, feigning injury, more sledging. What's next - Coin throwing? If the GAA supporters allow it to continue I suppose it will eventually end with segregation of the supporters.

If that's what you want - fine. But it's not the way I want the organisation to be.

JoG2

Brilliant footage, Philly did an excellent job all day on OShea, what a snakes manoeuvre by OShea

As was mentioned during the game,  it was a mismatch.  It was like poodle marking a grizzly bear

Mayo4Sam14

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: JoG2 on August 31, 2015, 04:05:37 PM

Brilliant footage, Philly did an excellent job all day on OShea, what a snakes manoeuvre by OShea

As was mentioned during the game,  it was a mismatch.  It was like poodle marking a grizzly bear

Then why was the 'grizzly bear' held scoreless?

The Aristocrat

Or the Kerry Group money being one of the biggest companies in the world, don't start this nonsense again, use the other threads.

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 31, 2015, 03:55:46 PM
Lads, ye are gone mental.

This happened to you lads a long time ago, im just stating facts. There is a clear anti Dubs agenda on this site and in the media. It needed balance.

Quote from: whitey on August 31, 2015, 03:57:52 PM

A nothing incident. Non Dubs media and Mayo players and management milking it. Apparently the Mayo management were also trying to influence the ref at half time regarding O Shea, influencing officials, what next.

Where? his head fell into him slightly, clearly not a head butt and Philly will line out again the next day and mark him out of the game again, Phillys best performace for keeping a man they call superman to no scores, excellent defensive play.

I would blame the Mayo management for O Shea's poor performance for not moving him out to midfield away from Philly, Philly could have followed him but doubt it.

Quote in the times regarding the Mayo management trying to influence the referee and officials at half time.

AZOffaly

Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 31, 2015, 04:08:55 PM

Or the Kerry Group money being one of the biggest companies in the world, don't start this nonsense again, use the other threads.

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 31, 2015, 03:55:46 PM
Lads, ye are gone mental.

This happened to you lads a long time ago, im just stating facts. There is a clear anti Dubs agenda on this site and in the media. It needed balance.

Quote from: whitey on August 31, 2015, 03:57:52 PM

Where? his head fell into him slightly, clearly not a head butt and Philly will line out again the next day and mark him out of the game again, Phillys best performace for keeping a man they call superman to no scores, excellent defensive play.

I would blame the Mayo management for O Shea's poor performance for not moving him out to midfield away from Philly, Philly could have followed him but doubt it.

Quote in the times regarding the Mayo management trying to influence the referee and officials at half time.

I have no anti Dublin agenda. That's ridiculous. You're letting a few lads comments about money cloud your judgment.

vallankumous

Yes, I don't think it was a headbutt. O'Shea pulled him in.

laoislad

Quote from: Nihilist on August 31, 2015, 04:02:48 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 31, 2015, 03:50:41 PM
Quote from: Nihilist on August 31, 2015, 03:26:10 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 31, 2015, 03:17:26 PM
Not at all. I'm just saying it wasn't the same thing at all. You seem determined to imply the Dubs were being unsporting there. They weren't.

Calling it anything else give everyone a licence to use it.
They started Oleing at a GAA match.
Its unsporting and nothing less.
Oh shut up would you ffs.
Every year we have this shite comparing football to soccer.
I don't like the Dubs but oleing at a game isn't unsporting and it does add to the atmosphere.
Why do we always have to hear about how you'd only see that in a soccer game(diving,cheating,trying to get an opponent booked) when it's just as rampant in gaelic football.
This notion that the Gaa and Gaelic football in particular is above all that is ridiculous.

If you want GAA to turn more into soccer then this is another thing to allow to be brought in. Taunt the other supporters. H'mm so whats after that and Where does it end? More diving, feigning injury, more sledging. What's next - Coin throwing? If the GAA supporters allow it to continue I suppose it will eventually end with segregation of the supporters.

If that's what you want - fine. But it's not the way I want the organisation to be.
It already has those things in abundance ffs.
As I said this notion that the Gaa and gaelic football is the last great bastion of fairness is nonsense.

Coin throwing? Hill 16 Dublin fans threw full bottles of water at the Laois minors a few years ago as they were celebrating a Leinster Title,apparently they weren't allowed to celebrate in front of the Hill  ::)
You may like one sport over the other which is fair enough, but don't be so insecure about gaelic football that you have to compare it to soccer at every opportunity.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Nihilist

Quote from: vallankumous on August 31, 2015, 04:12:49 PM

Yes, I don't think it was a headbutt. O'Shea pulled him in.

Ya looked at it in slowmo. O'Shea pulled him in. And then Philly went in with the head for the nose.