Mayo
Dublin

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: 50fiftyball on August 31, 2015, 02:37:23 PM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on August 31, 2015, 01:56:43 PM
Quote from: Nihilist on August 31, 2015, 01:44:22 PM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 31, 2015, 01:23:41 PM
Quote from: Nihilist on August 31, 2015, 01:14:17 PM
The only serious and dangerous injury was O Connor on O' Carroll, the others were dangerous but no one got seriously injured, O  Connor put O Carroll in hospital with 10 stiches and could have ended his season if he doesn't play next week and Dubs lose, a dangerous and wild strike back, one match ban.

Cooper very lucky not be shown red as was Lee Keegan and maybe a couple of others but O Connors was wild.

So McMahons headbutt wasn't serious or dangerous?

Didn't see it! I was too busy watching Lee Keegan sledging Connolly all game, but heard there was no real contact. Philly did a great job man marking the best player in the country they call superman out of the game, a job well done. 

I understand lads your hate for Dublin, I do, but come off it.

You will have your Mayo win next week with the GAA, the media, the officials and all 31 other counties cheering them on and influencing the game.

You didn't see it. Its in the nationals and online.
anyway here you go. What's your feedback?

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/football/watch-aidan-oshea-claims-he-was-headbutted-351123.html

Also, whats your thoughts on the McMahon dive to get O'Shea sent off ? I can get that on video for you as well if you want.

Wasn't a dive.  O'Shea caught him.

I'll have whatever Jell O Biofra's having! Are you alright in the head ? Watch the replay very carefully, maybe rewind it a few times in slow-mo, and come back here and tell me it wasn't a feigned injury/dive? If there was "contact" it definitely wasn't to McMahon's face or head. The manner in which he lay down after time-wasting was ridiculous, right in front of McQuillan as well, not that he would have saw it even if he was caught slap bang in the middle of it.

I've watched the gifs several times over.  It wasn't a dive.

AZOffaly

Is this the incident where McMahon deliberately takes O'Shea out, so he can't make the tackle on the Dub with the ball? He never got a bang on the head there at all.

INDIANA

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 31, 2015, 02:13:43 PM
O'Connor seemed wired to the moon yesterday. Every time there was a free against a Dublin player he seemed to be straight over red faced, roaring at the ref or the linesmen appealing for cards to be dished out. Just thought it was out of character as he's usually fairly mild mannered during most games.

The more you look at that COC incident you'd have to wonder about the impartiality of done umpires. Looks worse every time I look at it

laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 31, 2015, 02:40:09 PM
Is this the incident where McMahon deliberately takes O'Shea out, so he can't make the tackle on the Dub with the ball? He never got a bang on the head there at all.
No stitches then?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

From the Bunker

The only serious and dangerous injury was O Connor on O' Carroll, the others were dangerous but no one got seriously injured, O  Connor put O Carroll in hospital with 10 stiches and could have ended his season if he doesn't play next week and Dubs lose, a dangerous and wild strike back, one match ban.

Cooper very lucky not be shown red as was Lee Keegan and maybe a couple of others but O Connors was wild.

Didn't see it! I was too busy watching Lee Keegan sledging Connolly all game, but heard there was no real contact. Philly did a great job man marking the best player in the country they we call superman out of the game, a job well done. 

You will have your Mayo win next week with the GAA, the media, the officials and all 31 other counties cheering them on and influencing the game.

Fixed that!

The Aristocrat

Connolly was just punching Keegans hand to try and get him to let go so he could continue to make that run he was making in the first place until he was dragged down. O Connor then tried to get players sent off like a Chelsea soccer player then all the media and Mayo players and management in the media today vilifying Dublin.

As Henry Sheflin,( now we would hardly argue with him) said O Shea and Connolly got no protection yesterday, Keegan was trying his best to rouse Connolly all game, just like Philly was to O Shea, O Shea was highlighted more.

And you wonder why Mayo haven't won an All Ireland in 60 years, perhaps more interested in talking to the media.

AZOffaly

Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 31, 2015, 02:44:05 PM
Connolly was just punching Keegans hand to try and get him to let go so he could continue to make that run he was making in the first place until he was dragged down. O Connor then tried to get players sent off like a Chelsea soccer player then all the media and Mayo players and management in the media today vilifying Dublin.

As Henry Sheflin,( now we would hardly argue with him) said O Shea and Connolly got no protection yesterday, Keegan was trying his best to rouse Connolly all game, just like Philly was to O Shea, O Shea was highlighted more.

And you wonder why Mayo haven't won an All Ireland in 60 years, perhaps more interested in talking to the media.

I do agree that Keegan seems to have pulled Connolly down there.

Bingo

Quote from: INDIANA on August 31, 2015, 02:41:33 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 31, 2015, 02:13:43 PM
O'Connor seemed wired to the moon yesterday. Every time there was a free against a Dublin player he seemed to be straight over red faced, roaring at the ref or the linesmen appealing for cards to be dished out. Just thought it was out of character as he's usually fairly mild mannered during most games.

The more you look at that COC incident you'd have to wonder about the impartiality of done umpires. Looks worse every time I look at it

Stop looking at it so.....

laoislad

Has anyone mentioned Tyrone lately?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

The Aristocrat

Quote from: mikehunt on August 31, 2015, 01:30:33 PM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 31, 2015, 12:46:33 PM
Quote from: Nihilist on August 31, 2015, 12:35:30 PM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 31, 2015, 12:29:35 PM
Quote from: Mario on August 31, 2015, 12:24:54 PM
If Tyrone had played like Dublin yesterday there would have been a massive media backlash in the South focusing on their cynical play. I look forward to listening to off the ball to see if Parkinson is as outraged by the Dubs.

Dubs and Mayo you mean.

Anyway, lets hope justice is done and O Connor misses the replay.

So on your rationale out for Mayo go O'Connor
And out for Dublin so should go Cluxton, McMahon, Cooper, O'Sullivan, Connolly,

Based on the serious injury rule all Dubs will be banned from the Hill next Saturday. Lot of Mayo supporters claiming to have contracted Hep C yesterday.

Good one Mike, very intelligent, surprised the Mods allowed this one or else it could be a free for all.

INDIANA

Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 31, 2015, 02:47:31 PM
Quote from: mikehunt on August 31, 2015, 01:30:33 PM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 31, 2015, 12:46:33 PM
Quote from: Nihilist on August 31, 2015, 12:35:30 PM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 31, 2015, 12:29:35 PM
Quote from: Mario on August 31, 2015, 12:24:54 PM
If Tyrone had played like Dublin yesterday there would have been a massive media backlash in the South focusing on their cynical play. I look forward to listening to off the ball to see if Parkinson is as outraged by the Dubs.

Dubs and Mayo you mean.

Anyway, lets hope justice is done and O Connor misses the replay.

So on your rationale out for Mayo go O'Connor
And out for Dublin so should go Cluxton, McMahon, Cooper, O'Sullivan, Connolly,

Based on the serious injury rule all Dubs will be banned from the Hill next Saturday. Lot of Mayo supporters claiming to have contracted Hep C yesterday.

Good one Mike, very intelligent, surprised the Mods allowed this one or else it could be a free for all.

The way the mods work on this website they are happy enough for Dubs to be called junkies but not for Ballina people to be called itinerants

Nihilist

That's the one all right. Soccer players in Premiership should be watching to get pointers. Lot of "soccer" fans at the game yesterday as well with all the Oleing. Very un-classy and never was a part of the GAA game. Shows what very arrogant fans they are.

For that alone I hope they get bet.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Nihilist on August 31, 2015, 02:49:59 PM

That's the one all right. Soccer players in Premiership should be watching to get pointers. Lot of "soccer" fans at the game yesterday as well with all the Oleing. Very un-classy and never was a part of the GAA game. Shows what very arrogant fans they are.

For that alone I hope they get bet.

In fairness, I think the oléing was responding to the Mayo fans jeering the Dubs playing keep ball as the Mayo defence was in place. I don't think it was Meath 2001 all over again or anything like that.

50fiftyball

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on August 31, 2015, 02:39:11 PM
Quote from: 50fiftyball on August 31, 2015, 02:37:23 PM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on August 31, 2015, 01:56:43 PM
Quote from: Nihilist on August 31, 2015, 01:44:22 PM

Didn't see it! I was too busy watching Lee Keegan sledging Connolly all game, but heard there was no real contact. Philly did a great job man marking the best player in the country they call superman out of the game, a job well done. 

You didn't see it. Its in the nationals and online.
anyway here you go. What's your feedback?

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/football/watch-aidan-oshea-claims-he-was-headbutted-351123.html

Also, whats your thoughts on the McMahon dive to get O'Shea sent off ? I can get that on video for you as well if you want.

Wasn't a dive.  O'Shea caught him.

I'll have whatever Jell O Biofra's having! Are you alright in the head ? Watch the replay very carefully, maybe rewind it a few times in slow-mo, and come back here and tell me it wasn't a feigned injury/dive? If there was "contact" it definitely wasn't to McMahon's face or head. The manner in which he lay down after time-wasting was ridiculous, right in front of McQuillan as well, not that he would have saw it even if he was caught slap bang in the middle of it.

I've watched the gifs several times over.  It wasn't a dive.

Your some craic. Get them glasses off ye! He took O'Shea out of play, and once he knew he'd done this in front of the ref he took the most graceful fall clutching his head. And stayed on the ground holding his head. Yet O'Shea got up and went on about his business, what was it then??

http://zippy.gfycat.com/PresentCanineIndochinahogdeer.webm
http://zippy.gfycat.com/FlawlessLeadingFlyingfish.webm

whitey

Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 31, 2015, 02:44:05 PM

Considering at leat 3 Dubs should have seen red at that point of the game, would you blame him for asking the red/linesman to do their fvckin jobs