AISF Mayo v Dublin

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 09, 2015, 01:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

AZOffaly

I dont think theres anything in that other than trying to break free or highlight he is being held by flailing around. Hit him with the elbow but it wasnt an elbow drawn back like you typically see when a lad is trying to do damage.

INDIANA

Quote from: Chimley on August 30, 2015, 10:46:17 PM
Quote from: screenexile on August 30, 2015, 10:39:02 PM
As a neutral I think O'Connor should be done for that. He struck and caused serious injury je definitely has a case to answer!!

Along with McMahon and Cooper who should both be banned for their respective transgressions.

As mentioned on the other thread Connolly is a fantastic footballer but as long as he engages in that nonsense it will stop him being one of the greats.

He cannot be aware of where O Carrolls head is as he's trying to break free from the tackle. That can't be a deliberate strike with any intent.

11 stitches? Do you know how much force is required for someone to get 11 stitches?

He hasn't a leg to stand on and I can guarantee you it's going to be pursued.

I've no issue with Mc Mahon getting a ban. Cooper as well  no excuse was an awful tackle.

If Diarmuid gets banned - fair enough I still mantain Keegan did nothing except try to get him sent off but Diarmuid raised his fists.

However I want fair play and O Connor's inter county season should be finished tonight.

tonto1888

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 30, 2015, 10:48:26 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 30, 2015, 10:44:13 PM
Quote from: Bord na Mona man on August 30, 2015, 10:41:12 PM
Quote from: StephenC on August 30, 2015, 10:30:26 PM
http://www.balls.ie/gaa/rory-ocarroll/306891?utm_campaign=twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter
Nothing horrendous about that. Disappointing actually, given the suspense beforehand.

He was clearly waving at the umpires and caught him accidentally.

I don't think that's correct but I agree that it was accidental

Actually having watched it a few more times I reckon he may well have a case to answer

NetNitrate

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 30, 2015, 10:48:26 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 30, 2015, 10:44:13 PM
Quote from: Bord na Mona man on August 30, 2015, 10:41:12 PM
Quote from: StephenC on August 30, 2015, 10:30:26 PM
http://www.balls.ie/gaa/rory-ocarroll/306891?utm_campaign=twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter
Nothing horrendous about that. Disappointing actually, given the suspense beforehand.

He was clearly waving at the umpires and caught him accidentally.

Definitely wasn't accidental as you can see him change his body movement to swing his left arm. The Dublin player was hanging off him, fouling him, and he swung back in frustration. Looked a forceful blow, super dangerous to the head but still unlikely to get done for that.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

I think youre a mile off base here. It may be pursued but i will be shocked if coc is banned.

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: INDIANA on August 30, 2015, 10:53:29 PM
As a neutral I think O'Connor should be done for that. He struck and caused serious injury je definitely has a case to answer!!

Along with McMahon and Cooper who should both be banned for their respective transgressions.

As mentioned on the other thread Connolly is a fantastic footballer but as long as he engages in that nonsense it will stop him being one of the greats.

He cannot be aware of where O Carrolls head is as he's trying to break free from the tackle. That can't be a deliberate strike with any intent.

11 stitches? Do you know how much force is required for someone to get 11 stitches?

I've no issue with Mc Mahon getting a ban. Cooper as well  no excuse was an awful tackle.

If Diarmuid gets banned - fair enough I still mantain Keegan did nothing except try to get him sent off but Diarmuid raised his fists.

However I want fair play and O Connor's inter county season should be finished tonight.

Fair play.. i'm not sure you understand the term.

yellowcard

O Connor incident is definitely not a red card offence. It's unfortunate for O'Carroll that he suffered a nasty cut and missed most of the match but that shouldn't deter from the fact that O' Connor was simply trying to shake him off after being pulled and mauled.

whitey

Quote from: INDIANA on August 30, 2015, 10:53:29 PM

O Carrolls skin must be made of papyrus or some other delicate material-how in gods name would be need 11 stitches after that "hit"

Bensars

No chance will o Connor be done for that.

It would make life a lot easier for Dublin, granted.
Not a hope. A player trying to escape being held by a defender at least 50 yds from the play.No direct movement of player towards ROC

No chance. He'll be playing.

INDIANA

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 30, 2015, 10:55:29 PM
I think youre a mile off base here. It may be pursued but i will be shocked if coc is banned.

Prepare to be shocked. Because if they pursue Mc Mahon based on video evidence. COC goose is cooked.

That's what i'm hearing and in fairness I'm the one who said the Sunday Game would show the COC incident.

You never know Diarmuid may get off and then COC will get away with it  ;)

You'd be amazed how these things can all work out.

screenexile

Quote from: yellowcard on August 30, 2015, 10:56:26 PM
O Connor incident is definitely not a red card offence. It's unfortunate for O'Carroll that he suffered a nasty cut and missed most of the match but that shouldn't deter from the fact that O' Connor was simply trying to shake him off after being pulled and mauled.

You can't throw a fist back at that height and not expect to do damage!! He has to be in trouble for that!!

INDIANA

Quote from: Bensars on August 30, 2015, 10:58:25 PM
No chance will o Connor be done for that.

It would make life a lot easier for Dublin, granted.
Not a hope. A player trying to escape being held by a defender at least 50 yds from the play.No direct movement of player towards ROC

No chance. He'll be playing.

Better off not getting involved when you've no idea what's going on behind the scenes.

But intelligence was never your strong point.

Bord na Mona man

Westside

O'Connor was raising his hands and roaring at the umpires to watch what was happening. He'd hardly risk an intentional elbow while doing that. Connolly held someone down on the ground and punched them intentionally in the face. The two incidents are worlds apart. O'Connor would be hard done by to miss the replay and final over that.