Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 30, 2015, 06:07:31 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 30, 2015, 06:06:17 PM
- Paul Flynn is an egomaniac who has started to believe his own hype

Thought he tried way too many Hollywood balls today.

Tried an outside of the foot shot in the second half from a good distance out when he had loads of time and space to drive into and a clear point or more was on, Dublin were cruising at this stage. Obviously he's been a very good player in the past four years but I feel that some of the stuff said about him has been pure hyperbole.

beer baron

Was Paddy Andrews carrying a knock going into the game? Surprised he was taken off,looked dangerous everytime he got the ball. Just a case of him being the least experienced player ::)?

Zulu

Quote from: laoislad on August 30, 2015, 05:12:57 PM
Meh. At least we have the hurling next week to look foward too.

Zzzzzzzzzzz. Stick to the soccer.

Teo Lurley

Quote from: Zulu on August 30, 2015, 06:11:17 PM

Aren't you the fella who said Kildare fans should have been happy with their 27 point defeat to Kerry? :D I don't think you're in any position to talk.

Pub Bore

Quote from: Hardy on August 30, 2015, 05:27:43 PM
Great contest. No credit being given to Mayo in this forum. Whingers and seekers of the negative out in force as usual. I wonder why they watch sport.

Hardy in Wonderland

nrico2006

Keegan started the handling,  he wrestled Connolly to the ground.  He should have been the one sent off
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Zulu

Quote from: Teo Lurley on August 30, 2015, 06:14:55 PM

Aren't you the fella who said Kildare fans should have been happy with their 27 point defeat to Kerry? :D I don't think you're in any position to talk.

No surprise you don't understand the point I was making. You haven't made a single logically post yet - Dublin's millions blah blah blah, repeat on all posts regardless of discussion.

Teo Lurley

Quote from: Zulu on August 30, 2015, 06:24:09 PM
Quote from: Teo Lurley on August 30, 2015, 06:14:55 PM

No surprise you don't understand the point I was making. You haven't made a single logically post yet - Dublin's millions blah blah blah, repeat on all posts regardless of discussion.

I don't think anyone understands how you think Kildare fans should be happy with a 27 point defeat. :D
The millions Dublin gets is the central issue in the GAA! It's leading to other teams being forced to spend millions to try to match them and it's leaving other counties miles behind.
It's not something that you'd appreciate though, maybe you should go watch some soccer. :D

Carmen Stateside

Ill be in no hurry to watch the replay.  Brutal stuff from both teams, both guilty of diving, sledging and systematic fouling.  Kerry will beat the winners of this with some ease

thewobbler

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on August 30, 2015, 06:36:34 PM
Kerry will beat the winners of this with some ease

I can't fathom statements like this at all. Did you actually watch last week's game or are you just using a stupid quote generator?

Kerry only just about saw off the weakest of the quarter finalists, and as usual they had to call on an unhealthy dose of cynicism to get there too.

BennyHarp

Quote from: thewobbler on August 30, 2015, 06:48:14 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on August 30, 2015, 06:36:34 PM
Kerry will beat the winners of this with some ease

I can't fathom statements like this at all. Did you actually watch last week's game or are you just using a stupid quote generator?

Kerry only just about saw off the weakest of the quarter finalists, and as usual they had to call on an unhealthy dose of cynicism to get there too.

They won that game by 27 points!
That was never a square ball!!

GalwayBayBoy

What happened to O'Carroll anyway? Off after 3 minutes pumping blood and never reappeared. RTE never seemed to show a replay of what caused it. Unless I missed it.

thewobbler

weakest of the semi finalists.

(Now please don't try to tell me otherwise)

bridgegael

There is a lot of "i never saw it but o connor punched him"  on twitter.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

imtommygunn

At a guess he means semi finalists...

Why is this turning into something about tyrone?

Great last ten. Now all to play for. To win at this level requires a degree of cynicism and they all have it. Some need it less than others - dublin have one of the best sets of forwards to ever play the game and need it less than others however clearly see the need to do what everyone else does. Doesn't make them worse just on a par. Kerry also are very cynical.

The ref couldn't do right today. Thought he did ok. As i say all teams have a degree of cynicism about them. When two meet nigh on impossible to ref.

Didn't see the keegan connolly thing. Keegan seems to have his number though think he knows how to wind him up rightly.