AISF Mayo v Dublin

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 09, 2015, 01:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

Zulu

Dublin don't have a significantly better forward line. Andrews isn't any better than a lot of the Mayo forwards and Rock is not an IC forward (though he is an exceptional free-taker). Flynn seems to be hampered by injury and if he maintains the form of recent games then he isn't a major improvement on Mayo's forwards either. Doc has improved immeasurably from the man he was and is a significant improvement for Mayo so to say Mayo haven't a forward-line to match Dublin in 2015 is nonsense.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 29, 2015, 10:04:39 PM
Quote from: moysider on August 29, 2015, 10:03:05 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 29, 2015, 09:53:06 PM
Quote from: moysider on August 29, 2015, 09:49:46 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 29, 2015, 09:41:56 PM
Quote from: moysider on August 29, 2015, 09:39:20 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 29, 2015, 09:18:25 PM
Quote from: Zulu on August 29, 2015, 08:12:26 PM
Too close to call (thankfully!) but I think Mayo now have a forward line that can win an All Ireland. Parsons is the game changing addition this year as it's allowed them push O'Shea up to full forward without weakening their midfield. Dublin still have the better forwards but Mayo the better backs, though neither by a significant margin. Mayo have the better midfield pairing but that is not the advantage it used to be. I've seen a few people mention Rock as a quality player but he wouldn't make either panel, let alone team, if he couldn't kick a free IMO. This could be a major advantage for Mayo as I don't think Mayo need a sweeper against the Dublin full forward line so they should be able to push up on Dublin's kickouts. Really looking forward to this and I expect the game of the year to unfold.

Wouldn't call AOS a forward line;
Dublin have significantly better forwards, I wouldn't even say mayo have better defenders;
I'm glad you're not the manager;

Sure what's the point getting outa bed in the morning? Why do we bother fielding teams for competitions? We may as well lie down and die.

Just pointing it out

Selling out more like.

Ok, as long as you re staying away and not using up a ticket. I know people who love this team and have been to all the games but can t get tickets.

I do love this team, I have a season ticket and have been at every game, I'm was just giving an honest opinion that I think Dublin have better forwards

We heard you first time! You don t have to repeat it ad nauseam.

Sorry

Pressure starting to show lads?  :D
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Zulu on August 29, 2015, 11:11:59 PM
Dublin don't have a significantly better forward line. Andrews isn't any better than a lot of the Mayo forwards and Rock is not an IC forward (though he is an exceptional free-taker). Flynn seems to be hampered by injury and if he maintains the form of recent games then he isn't a major improvement on Mayo's forwards either. Doc has improved immeasurably from the man he was and is a significant improvement for Mayo so to say Mayo haven't a forward-line to match Dublin in 2015 is nonsense.

Dean Rock not an IC forward? He has scored 2-19 in four championship games and 2-6 of those scores were from play. No a bad return for someone who is "not an IC forward".
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Jell 0 Biafra

Rock has scored 2-19 in 4 championship games (and 1-52 in 9 league games) in 2015.   Yes, much of that was from frees, but if that return doesn't count as an IC forward, I don't know what does.

Rossfan

Will this surpass the Kerry/ Tyrone thread for the number of pages?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

moysider

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 29, 2015, 11:12:42 PM
Too close to call (thankfully!) but I think Mayo now have a forward line that can win an All Ireland. Parsons is the game changing addition this year as it's allowed them push O'Shea up to full forward without weakening their midfield. Dublin still have the better forwards but Mayo the better backs, though neither by a significant margin. Mayo have the better midfield pairing but that is not the advantage it used to be. I've seen a few people mention Rock as a quality player but he wouldn't make either panel, let alone team, if he couldn't kick a free IMO. This could be a major advantage for Mayo as I don't think Mayo need a sweeper against the Dublin full forward line so they should be able to push up on Dublin's kickouts. Really looking forward to this and I expect the game of the year to unfold.

Dublin have significantly better forwards, I wouldn't even say mayo have better defenders;

Sure what's the point getting outa bed in the morning? Why do we bother fielding teams for competitions? We may as well lie down and die.

Just pointing it out

Selling out more like.

Ok, as long as you re staying away and not using up a ticket. I know people who love this team and have been to all the games but can t get tickets.

I do love this team, I have a season ticket and have been at every game, I'm was just giving an honest opinion that I think Dublin have better forwards

Sorry

No. I m happy enough with our lot. Can t imagine how we could be much better. But I m not confident we ll be that much better to offset the home advantage. Teams like Dublin, Kerry, Mayo, Donegal and Tyrone don t get beaten at home too often in championship. Not an excuse, it's just life. An extravagant advantage to the Dubs but that's the way it is. And please don t come back with a counter argument because there is none.
The bit of a shafting Tyrone got last week and the tanking we got last year from referee has me wary as well. Oliver Stone would be the man to make a film about gaelic football.
I wonder is there another hack out there preparing a Kerry/Dublin rivalry book a la Tom Humphries in 06.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: moysider on August 29, 2015, 11:33:35 PM

Just pointing it out

Selling out more like.

Sorry

No. I m happy enough with our lot. Can t imagine how we could be much better. But I m not confident we ll be that much better to offset the home advantage. Teams like Dublin, Kerry, Mayo, Donegal and Tyrone don t get beaten at home too often in championship. Not an excuse, it's just life. An extravagant advantage to the Dubs but that's the way it is. And please don t come back with a counter argument because there is none.
The bit of a shafting Tyrone got last week and the tanking we got last year from referee has me wary as well. Oliver Stone would be the man to make a film about gaelic football.
I wonder is there another hack out there preparing a Kerry/Dublin rivalry book a la Tom Humphries in 06.

Good luck tomorrow.

Stay safe  ;)

moysider

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 29, 2015, 11:43:58 PM
Quote from: moysider on August 29, 2015, 11:33:35 PM

Just pointing it out

Selling out more like.

Sorry

Good luck tomorrow.

Stay safe  ;)

Likewise. Ah yeah. Days like this are special for some of us. We won t have days like this when we're pushing up daisies.

Bod Mor

Game day lads.
A few final thoughts with a few clichès thrown in:
- Fitness will be key and both benches will be emptied. Some players will be doing almost 15kms for 70 mins. Most of that will be sprinting.
- Make no mistake, the pressure will be on Dublin after last years defeat to Donegal. Expect some early nerves from both teams though.
- Goals win games. The first Mayo ball should be let in on top of AOS. Test them early.
- Mcloughlin needs to step up and take the frees from the left. That one in the first half that Cillian missed was the one that upset his confidence.
- McAuley will start in place of Bastick.

Safe traveling to all attending. We're not turning up to make up the numbers. The crowd really need to be vocal.
May(o) the best team win :)

Come on Mayo!!!!
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

Farrandeelin

Indeed moy, well said. The best Mayo team in my dwys of following them. I'm sure my post re Evan Regan yesterdsy was seen for what it is, that I would just be worried about throwing him in the 'lions den' v Dublin.

Feeling uneasily calm. I know that, win, lose, or draw the team will do their best. That's all I can ask for.

Maigh Eo abú.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Mayo4Sam14

Today's the day, can't wait!
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Hound

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 29, 2015, 11:22:01 PM

Dean Rock not an IC forward? He has scored 2-19 in four championship games and 2-6 of those scores were from play. No a bad return for someone who is "not an IC forward".
It's far too harsh to say he's not an IC forward, as given a bit of space there's not many in the country more reliable at taking a score. But he's not going to win a 50/50 against a strong IC defender and he wouldnt be starting if he wasn't our freetaker. But also he's untested in starting a match at this level, so we'll only really know how good he can be or how weak he might be by 5pm this evening

An Watcher

Would it be correct to say if you're not from Dublin or possibly Galway you'll be supporting mayo today?

rrhf

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 30, 2015, 07:16:06 AM
Today's the day, can't wait!
[/quote
Good luck mayo but for goodness sake  only win  please if ye are committed to turning up in 3 weeks time.