Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 09, 2015, 01:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

INDIANA

Quote from: blanketattack on August 29, 2015, 12:26:15 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 28, 2015, 10:13:56 PM
Can't see MDMA not starting. Silly games from Mr. Smiley.

Also think Alan Brogan may start.

he wont

From the Bunker

Trying to chill out and just enjoy the occasion and the game. Not going well so far. There's the slight hint of butterflies already. It's amazing how caught up in watching lads kicking (and even more so punching) a bag of wind we can get. But sure that's what makes the bad days bad and the really good days great.

The Hill is Blue

I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Zulu

Too close to call (thankfully!) but I think Mayo now have a forward line that can win an All Ireland. Parsons is the game changing addition this year as it's allowed them push O'Shea up to full forward without weakening their midfield. Dublin still have the better forwards but Mayo the better backs, though neither by a significant margin. Mayo have the better midfield pairing but that is not the advantage it used to be. I've seen a few people mention Rock as a quality player but he wouldn't make either panel, let alone team, if he couldn't kick a free IMO. This could be a major advantage for Mayo as I don't think Mayo need a sweeper against the Dublin full forward line so they should be able to push up on Dublin's kickouts. Really looking forward to this and I expect the game of the year to unfold.

tyroneboi

The Dubs:Story of a Season on rte 2 now.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Zulu on August 29, 2015, 08:12:26 PM
Too close to call (thankfully!) but I think Mayo now have a forward line that can win an All Ireland. Parsons is the game changing addition this year as it's allowed them push O'Shea up to full forward without weakening their midfield. Dublin still have the better forwards but Mayo the better backs, though neither by a significant margin. Mayo have the better midfield pairing but that is not the advantage it used to be. I've seen a few people mention Rock as a quality player but he wouldn't make either panel, let alone team, if he couldn't kick a free IMO. This could be a major advantage for Mayo as I don't think Mayo need a sweeper against the Dublin full forward line so they should be able to push up on Dublin's kickouts. Really looking forward to this and I expect the game of the year to unfold.

Wouldn't call AOS a forward line;
Dublin have significantly better forwards, I wouldn't even say mayo have better defenders;
I'm glad you're not the manager;
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

islamae

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 27, 2015, 02:39:16 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 27, 2015, 01:36:34 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on August 27, 2015, 10:23:46 AM
I've a sneaky feeling Dublin will do it.

The Stars have aligned for Mayo in 2015 . Believe .
Feck it Indy, I wish I could. Every time I think about Sunday, I see Dublin winning by more. I think Dublin are a totally different level to anyone Mayo have faced this year. Mayo need to have all the luck in the world to win. That's why I think Dublin will do the job on Sunday.

Do I not recall you saying that Dublin can be beaten Far???

moysider

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 29, 2015, 09:18:25 PM

Dublin have significantly better forwards, I wouldn't even say mayo have better defenders;

Sure what's the point getting outa bed in the morning? Why do we bother fielding teams for competitions? We may as well lie down and die.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: moysider on August 29, 2015, 09:39:20 PM

Sure what's the point getting outa bed in the morning? Why do we bother fielding teams for competitions? We may as well lie down and die.

Just pointing it out

Farrandeelin

I have that tool on ignore moy.

I probably did islamae, but me being me brings pessimism to the board.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 29, 2015, 09:42:23 PM
I have that tool on ignore moy.

I probably did islamae, but me being me brings pessimism to the board.

Me?

moysider

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 29, 2015, 09:41:56 PM

Just pointing it out

Selling out more like.

Ok, as long as you re staying away and not using up a ticket. I know people who love this team and have been to all the games but can t get tickets.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: moysider on August 29, 2015, 09:49:46 PM

Just pointing it out

Selling out more like.

Ok, as long as you re staying away and not using up a ticket. I know people who love this team and have been to all the games but can t get tickets.

I do love this team, I have a season ticket and have been at every game, I'm was just giving an honest opinion that I think Dublin have better forwards

moysider

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 29, 2015, 09:53:06 PM

Just pointing it out

Selling out more like.

I do love this team, I have a season ticket and have been at every game, I'm was just giving an honest opinion that I think Dublin have better forwards

We heard you first time! You don t have to repeat it ad nauseam. 

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: moysider on August 29, 2015, 10:03:05 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 29, 2015, 09:53:06 PM

Just pointing it out

Selling out more like.

We heard you first time! You don t have to repeat it ad nauseam.

Sorry