AISF Mayo v Dublin

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 09, 2015, 01:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

Teo Lurley

Quote from: Maroon Manc on August 28, 2015, 12:51:30 PM
In fairness the Dubs get plenty of stick about their budget but what Kerry & Mayo appear to spend goes unnoticed.

Kerry and Mayo don't have all their underage structures paid for by all of us. It's one thing spending loads on senior team preparation but having your players created for you by millions of euro is another thing all together.

INDIANA

Quote from: Teo Lurley on August 28, 2015, 01:31:38 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on August 28, 2015, 12:48:46 PM
You're right Teo, it does need to be looked at - Mayo and Dublin and other teams are spending far too much on preparing senior intercounty teams. The amount of money being spent is scandalous. What specifically do you think should be done??

I might start a thread on it later but obviously there has to be a cap.
Please do start one so you can talk to yourself on it and stop polluting other threads with mud information , innuendo and bullshit

Teo Lurley

Then we have the Dubs coming in with their usual deflecting and giving abuse. They do this because they feel guilty, they wont admit it but they know the score. Their success is fake, they go to matches cheering on victories but in the back of their heads they know it's because of the financial doping. That's why they strike out when anyone mentions the money. The truth of their success hurts them.

macdanger2

You're right Teo, it does need to be looked at - Mayo and Dublin and other teams are spending far too much on preparing senior intercounty teams. The amount of money being spent is scandalous. What specifically do you think should be done??

While a cap might be a start, it won't solve the problem - all of a sudden, teams will get sponsored this and sponsored that so it'll be off the books but still benefitting the bigger teams

heffo

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 28, 2015, 01:42:44 PM

While a cap might be a start, it won't solve the problem - all of a sudden, teams will get sponsored this and sponsored that so it'll be off the books but still benefitting the bigger teams

Plus it won't resolve all the off the books spending by counties with 'Supporters clubs' and the Sinn Fein-esque foreign fundraising - unless we turn the bag men upside down at Dublin & Shannon airports and shake them.

AZOffaly

Quote from: heffo on August 28, 2015, 01:04:58 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 28, 2015, 12:57:40 PM
it's the money spent on coaching and looking after young squads that worries me more.

Worries you in a good or bad way?

Surely there is far more bang for your buck investing in youth participation than having to bail out the Anglo-esque counties like Mayo & Kildare?

I should say the disparity in the levels of funding available for coaching and looking after.........

But let's not fall into the trap. Back to the game!

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 28, 2015, 12:57:58 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on August 28, 2015, 12:51:30 PM
Quote from: Teo Lurley on August 28, 2015, 12:37:45 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on August 28, 2015, 12:32:09 PM
Quote from: Teo Lurley on August 28, 2015, 12:20:59 PM
Barely anyone is talking about it, when the GAA even mentioned the issue the Dubs were up in arms and it was quickly shut up about. Mayo and Dublin fans are going into this game without a thought on the unfair advantages they have on most other counties. It's a major issue and a major reason why these 3 counties are the only teams left in the championship but it's being treated as a minor, insignificant add on. The media wont speak of it, the counties involved wont speak of it and worse, the rest of the counties wont speak of it. That's why nothings been done to remedy the situation and nothing will be done.

create a new topic.

I might just do that, I'm sure it will not be full of people trying to silence, deflect or give me any abuse. :D

In fairness the Dubs get plenty of stick about their budget but what Kerry & Mayo appear to spend goes unnoticed.

I honestly couldn't give a f**k about who's spending what, can we just discuss the football go complain about the economics somewhere else

You're hardly the one to discuss anything, most of your posts barely pass beyond one sentence.

Mayo4Sam14

f**k.... Sunday can't come soon enough, excitement building!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Teo Lurley

Well the problem wont be solved because the business men in HQ have no interest in solving it. They don't mind funding Dublin or seeing sponsors add on extra millions, they make money off the back of it. They don't care that it's ruining football in other counties, those other counties don't make them money.
The real danger is that HQ will be happy to see a split and a super league formed, only the teams with money would be welcome. The financially doped counties will have no problem with that either. You can see the steps been taken to reach that stage already happening. What's the point in whipping the minnows? Just get rid of them into a losers competition.

Michael Schmeichal

Quote from: Tubberman on August 28, 2015, 01:13:01 PM
Quote from: heffo on August 28, 2015, 01:04:58 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 28, 2015, 12:57:40 PM
it's the money spent on coaching and looking after young squads that worries me more.

Worries you in a good or bad way?

Surely there is far more bang for your buck investing in youth participation than having to bail out the Anglo-esque counties like Mayo & Kildare?

Can we get back to football please? And if you're going to start throwing accusations around, get your facts straight.
Mayo GAA were not bailed out, the GAA took over the loans from the bank, and Mayo will be repaying to the GAA (in full, albeit at a lower interest rate) rather than the bank.

Yeah right. The money was just resting in Mayo's account!

Teo Lurley

Quote from: heffo on August 28, 2015, 01:49:21 PM

Plus it won't resolve all the off the books spending by counties with 'Supporters clubs' and the Sinn Fein-esque foreign fundraising - unless we turn the bag men upside down at Dublin & Shannon airports and shake them.

Whatever you do, don't mention the Dubs and their millions. Mention any other county possible but not Dublin.

Tubberman

Quote from: Teo Lurley on August 28, 2015, 02:05:08 PM

Whatever you do, don't mention the Dubs and their millions. Mention any other county possible but not Dublin.

Piss off and start your thread - this thread is about a football match.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Teo Lurley

Quote from: Tubberman on August 28, 2015, 02:10:02 PM
Quote from: Teo Lurley on August 28, 2015, 02:05:08 PM

Piss off and start your thread - this thread is about a football match.

Shush everyone, let us enjoy our financially doped success and leave us alone.