Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 28, 2015, 05:47:34 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on August 28, 2015, 05:04:15 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 28, 2015, 04:45:04 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on August 28, 2015, 04:40:16 PM
If we can get at Cluxton's kickouts I think we can get on top in midfield. Also I don't think we can allow them to score more than one goal as they will get about 14 or 15 points. Achieve these two things and I think we scrape by with a point or two to spare. Two very big if's though and we will need the perfect performance for 1 to 20 to win.My big fear is outside of Andy our subs especially the forward subs will need to contribute handsomely to see us through which was a big failing in 2013.
Always enjoy the pints after with the Dubs , win lose or draw so. They are great football men and women in fairness to them. I do miss the pints in Parnell Park on a dark Feb/Mar evening before and after a league game though :'(!!

Alan Dillon, Alan Freeman, Mark Ronaldson,  Andy Moran

For me Andy as of yet is the only nailed on impact sub we have. Freeman is a streaky player so when he is hot like the semi in 2013 he is unmarkable but when he is not he contributes very little. Dillion has not shown any real form this year in the championship and looked very laboured when he came on in the Connacht final. For me Ronaldson is untested at this level and hasn't yat shown that he can change a game of this pressure in our favour when it is down to the wire off the bench.
Now that's just my opinion and I truely hope Mark , Alan and Freezer throw these thoughts right back in my face by burying the Dubs challenge off the bench on Sunday but outside of Andy we just haven't see that so far!!

Where has he been? I mind about 5-6 years ago in the league, he came up to Omagh and kinda destroyed us on his own.

Its only this year (maybe last? as well?) that i have seen him again.

Was he out? injured or what?

James Horan happened
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

From the Bunker

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 28, 2015, 06:24:40 PM
If we can get at Cluxton's kickouts I think we can get on top in midfield. Also I don't think we can allow them to score more than one goal as they will get about 14 or 15 points. Achieve these two things and I think we scrape by with a point or two to spare. Two very big if's though and we will need the perfect performance for 1 to 20 to win.My big fear is outside of Andy our subs especially the forward subs will need to contribute handsomely to see us through which was a big failing in 2013.
Always enjoy the pints after with the Dubs , win lose or draw so. They are great football men and women in fairness to them. I do miss the pints in Parnell Park on a dark Feb/Mar evening before and after a league game though :'(!!

For me Andy as of yet is the only nailed on impact sub we have. Freeman is a streaky player so when he is hot like the semi in 2013 he is unmarkable but when he is not he contributes very little. Dillion has not shown any real form this year in the championship and looked very laboured when he came on in the Connacht final. For me Ronaldson is untested at this level and hasn't yat shown that he can change a game of this pressure in our favour when it is down to the wire off the bench.
Now that's just my opinion and I truely hope Mark , Alan and Freezer throw these thoughts right back in my face by burying the Dubs challenge off the bench on Sunday but outside of Andy we just haven't see that so far!!

Where has he been? I mind about 5-6 years ago in the league, he came up to Omagh and kinda destroyed us on his own.

James Horan happened

That's the way. Some managers just don't fancy some players. Sometimes they don't fit a system. Sometimes they don't fit the philosophy of the manager. Sometimes there are just not needed. It can be a tough gig.

larryin89

Subs bench named yet ? Will regan make the cut ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 28, 2015, 07:11:52 PM

James Horan happened

That's the way. Some managers just don't fancy some players. Sometimes they don't fit a system. Sometimes they don't fit the philosophy of the manager. Sometimes there are just not needed. It can be a tough gig.

Not making any accusations but James Horan came there was 3/4 Shrule boys there within a year there was none, I heard there was something for him when he became manager and he was going speaking in Shrule and there wasn't a big deal  apparently afterwards he wasn't happy, coincidencental but still

mayoman dan

Quote from: larryin89 on August 28, 2015, 08:11:43 PM

No and No. Sweeney is in instead of Regan.Also Stephen Coen has been drafted in

larryin89

Quote from: mayoman dan on August 28, 2015, 08:23:07 PM

How do you know if it's not been named? If true fuckin stupid , what in the name of Christ is the reason for the reluctance to name regan ? Conroy out regan in surely in any language.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: larryin89 on August 28, 2015, 08:31:43 PM

How do you know if it's not been named? If true fuckin stupid , what in the name of Christ is the reason for the reluctance to name regan ? Conroy out regan in surely in any language.

He was on the bench the last day wasn't he?

omaghjoe

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 28, 2015, 08:19:23 PM

James Horan happened

Not making any accusations but James Horan came there was 3/4 Shrule boys there within a year there was none, I heard there was something for him when he became manager and he was going speaking in Shrule and there wasn't a big deal  apparently afterwards he wasn't happy, coincidencental but still

Ah its true his disappearance would coincide his regin alright
Seem nuts tho cos from what I seen of him that day in Omagh. He was hitting them over from crazy places.

I found this report from one of your fellow supporters.
http://mayogaablog.com/?p=4495#comments
Entertaining, I remember the schmoozel at the end to, sounds like yis were messing around, getting men sent off and being cynical to see out the game!  ;)
Bit of that on Sunday if yis are up would do the trick nicely.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 28, 2015, 08:42:46 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 28, 2015, 08:19:23 PM

James Horan happened

Ah its true his disappearance would coincide his regin alright
Seem nuts tho cos from what I seen of him that day in Omagh. He was hitting them over from crazy places.

I found this report from one of your fellow supporters.
http://mayogaablog.com/?p=4495#comments
Entertaining, I remember the schmoozel at the end to, sounds like yis were messing around, getting men sent off and being cynical to see out the game!  ;)
Bit of that on Sunday if yis are up would do the trick nicely.

Horan had a habit as well of just freezing players out until they finally leave ala Conor Mortimer and Richie Feeney

larryin89

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 28, 2015, 08:41:25 PM

He was on the bench the last day wasn't he?

Yes he was but poster above has indicated he isn't for Sunday . Tracksuit off the last day too midway through second half , then Holmes told him to come back and sit down . AvB game before Connacht final , Mike Connelly/Connolly quoted as saying " regan showed very well in the game" I just don't get why he's not given a shot .Sligo game not on the bench , Donegal game nearly put on . I'm a bit confused about it all , was actually dreaming he was been kept for this one as surprise package ,dubs wouldn't have a clue who he is .

mayoman dan

It hasnt officially been named.For what its worth i agree with you Regan should be there.IMO hes better than Ronaldson and Sweeney

Mayo4Sam14

Have Dublin named the team yet?

larryin89

Mayo4Sam14

The Hill is Blue

Dubs Team for Sunday

Cluxton
Cooper
O'Carroll
McMahon
McCarthy
O'Sullivan
McCaffrey
Fenton
Bastic
Flynn
Kilkenny
Connolly
Rock
Andrews
B Brogan
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8