Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

magpie seanie

Quote from: The Iceman on December 12, 2016, 06:37:42 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on December 12, 2016, 06:32:43 PM
Thats my season done, losing 5 out of the last 6 didn't help but stayed up, happy enough

Rehabis4quitters seems to have thrown away a playoff spot
thrown away - how would I have secured it? I don't know who would have started Miami defense over Minnesota? And the kickers from Philadelphia or Washington were a coin toss? I was projected to win by 20 points... will see how tonight goes - I might scrape the playoffs...
This is my first year playing in the big leagues - I think I done alright...

I don't think he meant you did anything wrong....just that you were in possession of a playoff place and had a bad week at the worst time. It's an ultra competitive league and you've done really well.

Any decisions I make in fantasy football I never regret provided the process I used the make the decision and the care I gave it were correct. All you can do is make best guesses. In another league I got caught badly in the first round of my playoffs by Michael Thomas being inactive. I had to hastily drop a guy I didn't really want to drop for a bit of a Hail Mary play. If things don't work out tonight I'm too far behind to make it up next week and I'm number 1 seed. So I'll regret that one because I should have known better and paid more attention.

Oraisteach

Looks like it'll be very exciting this evening.  Oraisteach's Browns and Coolera Bears have secured playoff berths, with five teams elbowing for the other two spots.  Match of the Day is Faithful Turfman B and Oakleaf Dolphins, each sitting at 7-6 and projected to score 79.73 and 79.30 respectively.  Seeking to go 7-7 are Crossmaglen Hitmen and Mayo4Lombardi, but Mayo is 50 pts behind the Coolera Bears and v unlikely to make up the deficit. Losing to the Rossies, Rehabis4Quitters is also at 7-7 but is around 100 pts. behind the other front runners in points scored.  The winner of the Turfmen vs Dolphins match is through, but if the Turfman lose and the Hitmen win, it should be thrilling to see who emerges as the Lombardi Division champion and automatic playoff slot winner.  Right now in the standings, the Turfman have a 30 pt. advantage over the Crossmaglen men, but the Offaly team has posted a 79.73 match total while the S. Armagh team is projected to score 110.29, which would bridge the point gap.  This is a very competitive league with unmilked cows likely to be found all over the country this evening.

The Iceman

Quote from: Oraisteach on December 12, 2016, 08:53:30 PM
Looks like it'll be very exciting this evening.  Oraisteach's Browns and Coolera Bears have secured playoff berths, with five teams elbowing for the other two spots.  Match of the Day is Faithful Turfman B and Oakleaf Dolphins, each sitting at 7-6 and projected to score 79.73 and 79.30 respectively.  Seeking to go 7-7 are Crossmaglen Hitmen and Mayo4Lombardi, but Mayo is 50 pts behind the Coolera Bears and v unlikely to make up the deficit. Losing to the Rossies, Rehabis4Quitters is also at 7-7 but is around 100 pts. behind the other front runners in points scored.  The winner of the Turfmen vs Dolphins match is through, but if the Turfman lose and the Hitmen win, it should be thrilling to see who emerges as the Lombardi Division champion and automatic playoff slot winner.  Right now in the standings, the Turfman have a 30 pt. advantage over the Crossmaglen men, but the Offaly team has posted a 79.73 match total while the S. Armagh team is projected to score 110.29, which would bridge the point gap.  This is a very competitive league with unmilked cows likely to be found all over the country this evening.
you had some run Oraisteach - you are a clear and deserved favourite.  The rest of us had some scrap to get to here. All the best tonight lads!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Oraisteach

Thanks, Iceman.  The playoffs are a lottery, though.  In my other league, a 16-team one, I finished 14th. Impressive, huh?

dec

In the Walter Payton 'B' Championship there are 3 of us tied on a 6-7 record competing for the 4th playoff spot.

The Iceman

Quote from: Oraisteach on December 12, 2016, 09:21:25 PM
Thanks, Iceman.  The playoffs are a lottery, though.  In my other league, a 16-team one, I finished 14th. Impressive, huh?
i always preferred the larger leagues  - i said from the start in the snaller ones it takes one or two players to get injured and your season is over - in larger leagues its all about craft and knowledge, wheeling and dealing - i loved the craic this year - it was some competition
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Oraisteach

Have to disagree with you, Iceman, about big leagues.  I got off to a flying start, 3-1-1 and first place, but then went into free fall, but because I was in a high position I could never pick a decent player off waivers.  And that is why I'm a miserable 14th out of 16.  Finished 4-7-1. One serious injury and your whole season's done. In our league, I lost Keenan Allen right off the bat and was still able to recover.

Minder

Too early for worst draft picks ??

No? Allen Robinson of the Jags for me. Think he was my #1 draft pick
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Oraisteach

Yeah, Minder, Robinson was a huge letdown.  So glad that I picked David Johnson instead of Todd Gurley.  DeAndre Hopkins was another first round damp squib.

magpie seanie

My tuppence worth - in another 10 team league I play in I somehow finished #1 seed with a 11-2 record. Our semis and final are two legged and I miraculously pulled out a small lead from the first leg. The only player I drafted that I started this week was LeGarrette Blount who I picked in the 11th round. I drafted as follows: Rob Gronkowski, AJ Green, Jamaal Charles, Keenan Allen, Latavius Murray, Golden Tate, Eli Manning, Arian Foster, Allen Hurns, Josh Gordon, LeGarrette Blount, Vincent Jackson, Martellus Bennett, Chiefs DST, Jameis Winston, Mason Crosby.

The league is competitive but not as competitive as the Montana. I picked up Spencer Ware before week 1 and got Jordan Howard early. Also got Mariota and Davante Adams. Traded Latavius Murray for Michael Thomas after AJ Green went down. Thomas going down this weekend caught me on the hop and I had few options so plumped for Chris Hogan. Got a lucky break there.

What I'm saying is - there are loads of players out there so don't give up. If you get a few wins early and are then getting last selection off waivers it can be tough but it can be done. I've never played a league bigger than 12....must give it a shot next year.

Rossie11

Quote from: Oraisteach on December 12, 2016, 11:15:19 PM
Yeah, Minder, Robinson was a huge letdown.  So glad that I picked David Johnson instead of Todd Gurley.  DeAndre Hopkins was another first round damp squib.

I broke my golden rule in fantasy never ever pick a RB with 1st pick. Picked Gurley and will be relegated.

The Hitmen (won last 2games) made the play offs by 1.03pt over the turfmen (lost last 2games) after both finished 7-7. A game of inches!!

dec

Walter Payton 'B' Championship

Rank    Team                    W-L-T      Div        Pts For      Pts Agnst  Streak  Waiver  Moves

John Madden Division
*2      Fermanagh Broncos      10-4-0      6-2-0      1823.69      1531.47      L-1      9      50
*3      Galway Bay Tribesmen   10-4-0      4-4-0      1704.36      1697.07      L-1      8      50
*4      Big Apple Orchards      7-7-0      3-5-0      1772.03      1718.22      W-1      7      20
6      Faithful Turfmen        6-8-0      4-4-0      1696.49      1771.75      W-1      5      32
9      The Superb Owls        4-10-0      3-5-0      1551.80      1693.61      W-1      2      25

George Allen Division
*1      Red Hand Helmets       10-4-0      7-1-0      1914.48      1590.95      L-1      10     21
5      New York Jets VIII      7-7-0      4-4-0      1758.09      1683.52      W-1      6      45
7      Antrim89                6-8-0      5-3-0      1694.72      1798.50      W-2      4      27
8      Hegan's Clowns          6-8-0      3-5-0      1564.07      1778.17      L-1      3      17
10      Tippabu                4-10-0      1-7-0      1551.14      1767.61      L-4      1      18

Semifinal
Red Hand Helmets v Big Apple Orchards
Fermanagh Broncos v Galway Bay Tribesmen

Consolation
New York Jets VIII v Hegan's Clowns
Faithful Turfmen v Antrim89

AZOffaly

Quote from: Rossie11 on December 13, 2016, 10:53:10 AM
Quote from: Oraisteach on December 12, 2016, 11:15:19 PM

I broke my golden rule in fantasy never ever pick a RB with 1st pick. Picked Gurley and will be relegated.

The Hitmen (won last 2games) made the play offs by 1.03pt over the turfmen (lost last 2games) after both finished 7-7. A game of inches!!

Given dick face Ben roethlisberger and dumb farts Seahawks defence both got minus points in the last week, that's hard to take.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: The Iceman on December 12, 2016, 06:37:42 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on December 12, 2016, 06:32:43 PM
Thats my season done, losing 5 out of the last 6 didn't help but stayed up, happy enough

Rehabis4quitters seems to have thrown away a playoff spot
thrown away - how would I have secured it? I don't know who would have started Miami defense over Minnesota? And the kickers from Philadelphia or Washington were a coin toss? I was projected to win by 20 points... will see how tonight goes - I might scrape the playoffs...
This is my first year playing in the big leagues - I think I done alright...

Jesus Iceman you're sensitive

You've a chance to ram it down my throat this week
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Oraisteach

AZ, that is the worst luck I've ever seen.  Both Big Ben and Seattle DEF scored negative points!  If Vinatieri had kicked one more FG you'd have made it.  How did you fare in the other two divisions?