NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

gallsman

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 09, 2015, 04:22:48 PM
I presume Julio Jones didn't fall to the third round?

Ha, no, that's not done in order of rounds. Most people went for RBs in the first, one went for Rodgers and when it came round, I didn't feel any of the RBs left for me were worth overlooking him. Think he was third receiver taken after Bryant and Beckham.

oakleaflad

Quote from: gallsman on September 09, 2015, 04:27:50 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 09, 2015, 04:22:48 PM
I presume Julio Jones didn't fall to the third round?

Ha, no, that's not done in order of rounds. Most people went for RBs in the first, one went for Rodgers and when it came round, I didn't feel any of the RBs left for me were worth overlooking him. Think he was third receiver taken after Bryant and Beckham.
Brown???

AZOffaly

gallsman

Possibly, probably, can't remember.

You'll have to explain PPR to me, AZ.

Hound

I'm in an ESPN one too. Got feckin 10th pick in a league of 10. Although that means I got 11th pick as well.
For those 10th and 11th picks I was left (as I saw it anyway) with a choice of 2 from the Broncos RB and WR and Dez Bryant and LeSean McCoy. Didnt want both Broncos so went for Bryant and the Broncos RB.

I instantly regretted it when I remembered Peyton Manning would hardly allow much of a running game, but nice to have a mad hoor like Dez to cheer!

Only 30 seconds per pick, so I was in utter panic most of the time, but it was great fun. Would definitely have made different picks at some stages if I'd had a minute or two to think!

No feckin clue what PPR means, or whether it should have affected my choices!

Boycey

Sorry for drifting from the subject and if there is a more appropriate thread point me to it.

Has anyone experience of going to the Wembley games? I'm thinking of going over to the Jets/Dolphins game at the start of October and am wondering what my best option for tickets is? There are plenty on Stubhub and the like, not cheap, £150 or more for high up along the side and £120 for similar behind endzone. Mind you I'm not sure what face is!! My question is would I be better paying this now or would I pick up something significantly cheaper on the day???

oakleaflad

I could be completely wrong here but i think PPR is points per reception. In a PPR league a player who plays a lot and gets a lot of touches but maybe doesn't make the most yards or score the most touchdowns would score higher than in a normal fantasy league. I think.

gallsman

If so, then I guess yes, points for yards and TDs in passing, rushing and receiving and reception points as well.

Oraisteach

Yeah, PPR stands for points per reception, and depending on your league settings that can be very valuable.  I used to play in a PPR  league and had Darren Sproles who, though he didn't rack up a lot of TDs, was the recipient of tons of dump off passes and scored me a point a catch.  Some leagues award 0.5 pts per catch, but PPR can make an average fantasy WR or RB into a great one.  For example, though CJ Spiller (assuming he gets healthy) will play behind Ingram, is likely to be valuable in a PPR. league since Bree's is likely to throw him little short passes in the flat.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Oraisteach on September 09, 2015, 07:02:00 PM
Yeah, PPR stands for points per reception, and depending on your league settings that can be very valuable.  I used to play in a PPR  league and had Darren Sproles who, though he didn't rack up a lot of TDs, was the recipient of tons of dump off passes and scored me a point a catch.  Some leagues award 0.5 pts per catch, but PPR can make an average fantasy WR or RB into a great one.  For example, though CJ Spiller (assuming he gets healthy) will play behind Ingram, is likely to be valuable in a PPR. league since Bree's is likely to throw him little short passes in the flat.

This. Its a significant difference for WRs and especially little scat backs like Ellington or Sproles. The top guys tend to be near the top in either format but in PPR an average guy can be a really productive player if earning a point per reception. Bear in mind if looking at rankings etc.

tippabu

Phew, thought the draft was 10pm, logged in there and it said we were drafting now but its at 9.30.

tippabu

I dont know if anyone else does the fantasy on nfl site but id imagine scoring is the same pretty much? Any changes in this league or is it standard scoring?

AZOffaly

Sorry Tippabu, just saw this now.

We have custom scoring. It's evolved according to people's preferences over the last 10 years, but it's there on the page if you look at 'Scoring and Settings'