Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

AZOffaly

Fermanaghandsam

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 03, 2014, 11:09:23 AM
Much more important though, are our fixtures.

Rice League
Faithful Turfmen C v FermanaghandSam

A tough opener, a first timer taking on the main man himself, hopefully there is an upset on the cards!!! :)

AZOffaly

I won't be playing, you'll be grand. I looked at your team :D

Oraisteach

Good job, AZ.  Aligning these divisions before Thurs. kickoff must have been a pain the ass.  I'm amused at the computer grading.  I looked at the computer grades and thought that the 'D' grade teams were just fine.  A lot of new team name in the third division.

Craigyhill Terror

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 02, 2014, 02:32:49 PM
OK. We're all set. 9.30 PM tonight. 10 team league. For newbies, it's PPR, so bear that in mind when looking at 'rankings'. PPR means that Running Backs, Receivers and Tight Ends get a point per reception as well as yardage points. Most leagues are standard scoring, which rewards only yardage gained and Touchdowns. That means if you look at a ranking, especially for Running Backs, you might see someone ranked high, but people below him will catch more passes and therefore be actually more valuable in PPR.

It's not a big deal, just bear it in mind.

I feel bad for Antrim Autopicks, but I have sent 3 reminders so I can't do much more.

Absolutely no need to feel bad AZ, all my own fault combined with other circumstances. A year out might do me some good to get refreshed for next season, anyway  ;)

David McKeown

Quote from: Oraisteach on September 03, 2014, 03:56:25 PM
Good job, AZ.  Aligning these divisions before Thurs. kickoff must have been a pain the ass.  I'm amused at the computer grading.  I looked at the computer grades and thought that the 'D' grade teams were just fine.  A lot of new team name in the third division.

Sssshhhhh I was proud of that draft based solely on my grade
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Mayo4Sam

6 pick-ups in the first week  ;)

Who is GON? What was wrong with my trade?
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

RealSpiritof98

David McKeown

Yeah Lynch a good pick, Sherman not soo much when no one will throw the ball at him
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

RealSpiritof98

Some great games nearing the end,this is so much more enjoyable now im in this fantasy craic. Got unlucky with my TE Eifert who started great but looks like a dislocated elbow.

magpie seanie

Myself and Ruthless Rossies in a ding dong that will go to the wire. The loser will probably have the 3rd highest score in the league this week!

AZOffaly

Week 1 update.

As we approach the last two games of the first week, we have some intriguing ties across all the championships. Some very good scores also recorded, so let's take a quick look at where we are.

Montana Conference

Faithful Turfmen B 93.74 - 91.36 hegan's clowns.

The Turfmen look set fair to have their season up and running, despite an underwhelming total so far, as the clowns have shot their collective bolts to the tune of a 91.36 points, while the men from the Bog hold a 2 point lead with Calvin Johnson (WR-DET), Reggie Bush (RB-DET) and the Cardinals defense to come.  The decision to start Cam Newton over Russell Wilson almost hurt badly, as Newton went from Probable to Questionable to Out all after Wilson had played on Thursday, but in the end it probably didn't matter.  A hasty pickup of Alex Smith (QB-KC) didn't exactly set the world alight, but it did give a few precious points. Julio Jones (WR-ATL), Vernon Davies (TE-SF), Reggie Wayne (WR-IND), Harrison Smith (DB-MIN) and Patrick Willis (LB-SF) did the damage for the Turfmen, but nobody really stepped up and shot the lights out. For the clowns Matt Ryan (QB-ATL) had a sensational start with 448 Passing Yards and 3 Passing TDs for a total of 30.71 points, by far the top scorer of the game so far. Other than him, however, only DeSean Jackson (WR-WAS) and Montee Ball (RB-DEN) produced the necessary quality.

Smackdown Clowns 119.43 - 154.85 Savage Bears

Another set of clowns, another defeat to an Offaly team. The Smackdown Clowns didn't perform badly with 119.43 points all out, so to speak, but in this league it looks like you're going to need to hit 120 at least to win. Even that wouldn't have been enough to see off the Bears who have started ominously for the rest of the league with 154 points and 2 left to play. As impressive as the final score is likely to be, even more impressive is the spread of scorers so far. Andrew Luck (QB-IND), Jordy Nelson (WR-GB), Percy Harvin (WR-SEA), Greg Olsen (TE-CHI), Cody Parky (K-PHI), ERic Berry (DB-KC), Greg Hardy (DB-Car), Karlos Dansby (LB-CLE) and the 49ers Defense all scored heavily in a good opening week.  Smackdown Clowns, as their own score suggests, had good outings themselves, with Peyton Manning (QB-DEN), AJ Green (WR-CIN), Randall Cobb (WR-GB), Chris Johnson (RB-NYJ), Zach Ertz (TE-PHI), Emmanuel Sanders (WR-DEN) and Stephen Gostkowski (K-NE) all breaking the 10 point barrier.

Ruthless Rossies 115.18 - 125.58 Coolera Bears

Our reigning champion, the Bears, are in a struggle in the first week of their title defense, but it looks like they may just hold out against a strong Rossies performance in an all Connacht clash. The Rossies have posted 115 points thus far, with Keenan Allen (WR-SD), Golden Tate (WR-DET) and Patrick Peterson (DB-ARI) all still to come. However the Bears have a 10 point lead in hand, and themselves will look to Michael Floyd (WR-ARI) and Jason Pierre-Paul (DL-NYG) tonight to try and put that to bed. Looking at the remaining players, this could be a really tight finish. I'm guessing the Rossies will want San Diego throwing the ball to Keenan Allen a lot, and hoping that Patrick Peterson will cover him. A win-win no matter what happens! Thus far the Rossies have had solid scoring, led by the Eagles 'D', but complemented by Cordarelle Paterson (WR-MIN), LeSean McCoy (RB-PHI), Mark Ingram (RB-NO), Rob Gronkowski (TE-NE), Steven Hauschka (K-SEA) and JJ Watt (DL-HOU). On the Coolera side of the ball, rehabilitated LeVeon Bell (RB-PIT) led the way with 24.85 points from109 rushing yards, 1 rushing TD, along with 6 catches for 88 yards. A solid outing indeed for a RB in a PPR league. Also impressing were Jay Cutler (QB-CHI), Antonio Brown (WR-PIT), Marshawn Lynch (RB-SEA) and Shayne Graham (K-NO). It promises to be an interesting wait this evening.

Ballyhaise Bills 83.84 - 114.25 Colm O'Mealoid

This one looks to be another that's sewn up, as O'Mealoid leads by 31 points with only tonight's games to come, however it's not completely over just yet.  Matt Stafford (QB-DET) is O'Mealoid's only remaining starter, and he's a good one to have. However, if he were to have a poor night, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Victor Cruz (WR-NYG), Rashad Jennings (RB-NYG) and Eric Weddle (DB-SD) could garner enough points to haul back a lead like that. The Bills won't be happy with some of their returns this week, although Drew Brees (QB-NO), Matt Forte (RB-CHI), Marques Colston (WR-NO), Justin Houston (LB-KC) and the Seahawks 'D' have all broken the 10 point barrier. Colm O'Mealoid's Roddy White (WR-ATL), Andre Johnson (WR-HOU), DeMarco Murray (RB-DAL), Cameron Wake (DL-MIA) and Vontaze Burfict (LB-CIN) did the same for them, and that looks to be enough to put them into a winning position, barring a nightmare from Stafford.

Oraisteach's Browns 118.92 - 98.67 New York Jets VIII

This one is surely in the books. The Browns carry a 20 point lead into tonights games and, while they have no offensive players left to score, they can call on Antrel Rolle (DB-NYG) to steer them home tonight. The Jets will need Ryan Matthews to have a career night,  against the mighty Arizona Cardinals, tonight to have any chance of pipping the Browns. Stranger things have happened in Fantasy NFL, but not much stranger. The Browns won't be enamoured with Tony Romo and Frank Gore's starts to the season, but they can be thankful to a huge night from old reliable Julius Thomas (TE-DEN) for this win if it materialises. The big Tight End from Portland State University hauled in 7 balls for 104 yards and a huge 3 touchdowns for the Broncos last night, which tallies up at 32.20 points in our league, and is the major difference between these teams. Pierre Garcon (WR-WAS), Gio Barnard (RB-CIN), Blair Walsh (K-MIN) Paul Posluszny (LB-JAX) and the Panthers D all backed up Thomas' score, but I think it's fair to say the Jets would be favourites tonight if he hadn't stormed out of the blocks this year. The Jets had 5 players break the 10 point barrier, the Bengals 'D', Jimmy Graham (TE-NO), Shane Vereen (RB-NE), Brandon Marshall (WR-CHI) and Nick Foles (QB-PHI) but it looks like it may not be enough.

oakleaflad

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on September 07, 2014, 08:42:10 PM
Some great games nearing the end,this is so much more enjoyable now im in this fantasy craic. Got unlucky with my TE Eifert who started great but looks like a dislocated elbow.
I hear you. I had a player concussed who scored me 0 points. It's just bad luck, these things usually even themselves out over the course of the season. Agree completely that the fantasy football makes it much more enjoyable.

Rossie11

That's cracking stuff for a Monday morn AZ.. fair play

AZOffaly

Walter Payton Championship

Faithful Turfmen 165.29 - 122.76 Crossmaglen Hitmen

This one is almost, but not quite, in the books, and sees the Faithful Turfmen in line for a good win over the Hitmen, assuming Matthew Stafford doesn't go nuts tonight. The lads from XMG have had a good solid outing, with no less than 8 positions yielding double digits. Jordy Nelson (WR-GB), Antonio Brown (WR-PIT), Matt Forte (RB-CHI), Darren Sproles (RB-PHI), Denis Pitta (TE-BAL), Julian Edelman (WR-NE) and the Cincinnati 'D' all did the business. If Stafford should add 15 or 20 points tonight, the Hitmen will feel aggrieved to come out the wrong side of the result. For the Turfmen, 8 players also hit double digits, but 2 of them scored quite heavily. Julius Thomas (TE-DEN) was a monster, with 32.20 points, while Beast Mode himself, Marshawn Lynch (RB-SEA) added 21.20 points. In addition Nick Foles (QB-PHI), Pierre Garcon (WR-WAS), Kendell Wright (WR-TEN), Eric Berry (DB-KC), Paul Posluszny (LB-Jax) and the Carolina D stepped up to the mark, in all likelihood giving the Hitmen too much to do tonight.

Red Hand Helmets 139.48 - 68.36 Gary O'Neill's Team

A rout is in progress here I'm afraid, as over 70 points separate the two going into tonight's slate of games. To make matters worse for Gary's team, Calvin (Megatron) Johnson (WR-DET) is still to score for the Helmets, so this may get worse rather than better. Having said that Gary's team has Larry Fitzgerald (WR-ARI) and Ryan Matthews (RB-SD) going tonight, but a late push for respectability is the best they can hope for. Gary's Team made a fatal error of dropping an IDP and repacing him with a position player on the bench, which left them 1 slot unfilled for the week and, while it probably made no difference this week, that is not something you want to reproduce every time out. Gary's team disappointed in most positions, but LeSean (Shady) McCoy (RB-PHI) andGio Barnard (RB-CIN) along with Vontaze Burfict (LB-CIB) made a good fist of it. Unfortunately support wasn't really there for them. For the Helmets, a good solid start, and encouraging showings from LeVeon Bell (RB-PIT), Vernon Davies (TE-SF), Jeremy Maclin (WR-PHI), Harrison Smith (DB-MIN), JJ Watt (DL-HOU), Luke Kuechly (LB-CAR) and the Seattle 'D' gives them good hope for the season ahead. Factor in single digit performances from Fantasy 'names' like Aaron Rodgers (QB-GB), Vincent Jackson (WR-TB) and Arien Foster (RB-HOU) and there is serious potential in that team.

Galway Bay Tribesmen 101.98 - 80.44 Bear You to Shreds

This one looks well in control for the Tribesmen, as they hold almost a 21 point advantage heading into tonight and, truth be told, they probably have greater scope for points with their remaining players. Bear you to Shreds do send Reggie Bush (RB-DET) into action, and he could have a big night, but Michael Floyd (WR-ARI) and Antrel Rolle (DB-NYG) should be able to cover whatever Bush does, you would imagine. The Tribesmen had no real amazing performances, but Jay Cutler (QB-CHI), Randall Cobb (WR-GB), DeMarco Murray (RB-DAL), Shane Vereen (RB-NE) and Rob Gronkowski (TE-NE) all scored well and solidly. The Shreds had an excellent defensive performance from Leodis McKelvin DB for the Bills, who had 17.35 points off 13 tackles, as well as good outings from Drew Brees (QB-NO) and the Denver D, but it looks to be a good bit short of what was required.

Big Apple Orchards 120.12 - 110.36 M4S Someday

There's an old saying about better to have the points in the bag than games in hand, but in this case I'm not so sure. The horse coming along the rails looks to have the advantage to me, despite having a 10 point deficit to make up as the Orchards try to close out the game with Quintin Demps (DB-NYG). M4S has a strong looking cast tonight, with Keenan Allen (WR-SD), Rashad Jennings (RB-NYG) and Nick Novak (K-SD) all togging out, and it would appear that this triumvirate will have enough in them to drag the M4S team to victory. So far the Orchards have 7 positions racking up at least 10 points, with the pick of them being the Texans' D. 3 Sacks, 2 Fumble Recoveries, 1 TD, 2 Blocked Kicks and 6 points allowed marks a truly exceptional effort from the Texans, and the Orchards have reaped the reward. Also scoring well were Colin Kaepernick (QB-SF), Andre Johnson (WR-HOU), Montee Ball (RB-DEN), Jimmy Graham (TE-NO), DeSean Jackson (WR-WAS) and Karlos Dansby (LB-CLE). For M4S, they are still in touch thanks in no small measure to Matt Ryan (QB-ATL) and his 30.71 points, as well as AJ Green (WR-CIN) and his 20.80 and the Eagles' D's 20 points. Greg Hardy (DL-CAR) rounded out their big scorers.

Rehab is 4 Quitters 153.63 - 60.16 L'Esprit de Biff

Another blow out is in progress in the last tie of the week, I'm afraid, and while the Biffs have 3 players scoring tonight, it's beyond reasonable hope that they would haul in such a deficit, over 90 points. Quitters had lovely, balanced, heavy scoring with 8 getting double digits and quite a few getting close to 20 points or better.  The 49ers D led the way with 24, but Peyton Manning (QB-DEN), Brandon Marshall (WR-CHI), Roddy White (WR-ATL), Greg Olsen (TE-CHI), Percy Harvin (WR-SEA) Steven Hauschka (K-SEA) and Cameron Wake (DL-MIA) were all outstanding as well. For the Biffs it was a bit miserable, but Julio Jones (WR-ATL) and Steven Gostkowski (K-NE) didn't let the side down. Jamaal Charles, Toby Gerhart and Jordan Cameron, on the other hand.....