NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

Muck Savage

Well done Rossie on winning the Div 2 title. Hard to shout for the 49er last night but shout for Atlanta everytime Gore got the ball or Bowman was near it. Was still leading with 5 mins left then Gore got a TD and Bowman intercepted, ran 90 odd yards for a TD. Niners are in the playoffs so not all bad.

Well done AZ again, well run event and already looking forward to Div 1 next year!

Rossie11

You looked a winner all the way last night until the last 5.
With Tucker last week and Bowman last night I had stacks of luck lately.

Fair play AZ as always its a cracking competition.
Have a good Christmas lads and roll on the real play offs in Jan

AZOffaly

Well, well, well. It's July already, and the build up is already on for the 2014/2015 NFL season, and the Superbowl in my old stomping ground, Arizona, next February. (Gifts of travel/tickets gratefully accepted).

As always, this is the time of year that we start organising ourselves into leagues etc for the new season. And as always, I ask a few questions.

1 - Are people happy to stay with the format we have (3 divisions (assuming numbers allow), with promotion/relegation).
2 - Are people happy that I have a team in each division to run the thing?
3 - Are people happy to stay with Yahoo, or do ye want to move to another provider (NFL.COM, CBS Sports, ESPN, Fox, etc etc etc).?
4 - Are people happy with the scoring system, or do they wish to suggest any modifications?
5 - Are people happy with our Roster positions?

Our Rosters are :
QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R/T, K, DEF, DB, DB, DL, LB, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR

Our scoring system last season was :
QuoteOffense   
Passing Yards   50 yards per point; 2 points at 250 yards; 2 points at 300 yards; 5 points at 400 yards   
Passing Touchdowns   4   
Interceptions   -2
Rushing Yards   20 yards per point; 2 points at 100 yards; 2 points at 150 yards; 5 points at 200 yards
Rushing Touchdowns   6   
Receptions   1   
Reception Yards   20 yards per point; 2 points at 100 yards; 2 points at 150 yards; 5 points at 200 yards   
Reception Touchdowns   6   
Return Yards   40 yards per point; 2 points at 100 yards; 2 points at 150 yards; 2 points at 200 yards   
Return Touchdowns   8   
2-Point Conversions   2   
Fumbles Lost   -2   
Offensive Fumble Return TD   6   

Kickers   
Field Goals 0-19 Yards   3   
Field Goals 20-29 Yards   3   
Field Goals 30-39 Yards   3   
Field Goals 40-49 Yards   4   
Field Goals 50+ Yards   5   
Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards   -5   
Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards   -4   
Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards   -2   
Field Goals Missed 40-49 Yards   -2   
Field Goals Missed 50+ Yards   -1   
Point After Attempt Made   1   
Point After Attempt Missed   -3   

Defense/Special Teams   
Sack   2
Interception   2   
Fumble Recovery   2   
Touchdown   8
Safety   2
Block Kick   2   
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns   8
Points Allowed 0 points   15
Points Allowed 1-6 points   10
Points Allowed 7-13 points   7
Points Allowed 14-20 points   2
Points Allowed 21-27 points   0   
Points Allowed 28-34 points   -1   
Points Allowed 35+ points   -4   

Individual Defensive Players
Tackle Solo   1   
Sack   4   
Interception   4   
Fumble Force   4   
Fumble Recovery   4   
Defensive Touchdown   6   
Safety   2   
Pass Defended   1   
Block Kick   2   

I will try, again, to get trophies for the winners of the divisions. Especially since this is our 10th, imagine that, running of the league.

Anyway, respond to this thread if you are interested, and if you have answers to the questions above.

Mayo4Sam

Seen as I got promoted in my first season i'm happy to continue
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

GalwayBayBoy

Happy enough anyway. Haven't used any of the other sites like NFL and ESPN so can't really compare it to Yahoo.

dec

It has worked well so far, stick with what we have.

Lone Shark

No complaints here, we've arrived at the current system due to a few years of tweaking and I'd say we've landed at a good system now. Looking forward to another year of it, even if I have dug myself into a big hole with successive relegations.

The Iceman

I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

magpie seanie

Yes - happy with the format, scoring etc. I will try to make as good a defense of the title as possible!

DrinkingHarp

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Capt Pat

Yes keep things as they are and Captain Pats vikings will be back for another year.

declan85

Oraisteach

Oraisteach's Browns will be barking again this year.  Hoping to draft LeBron James as a TE in place of Josh Gordon.  Promoted every year, so is there a division in the attic?

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"