NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

mc_grens

League positions are calculated purely on wins EXCEPT the two division leaders are automatically 1&2 even if second place in one division has more wins than first in the other.

Mayo4Sam

I dont think thats right Mcgrens, when I look at the projections for the season they have myself and deel as 1 & 2 even though we're in the same division

but then they do have me losing 3 games also
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

magpie seanie

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on October 17, 2013, 11:09:54 AM
I dont think thats right Mcgrens, when I look at the projections for the season they have myself and deel as 1 & 2 even though we're in the same division

but then they do have me losing 3 games also

Are you sure that's not power rankings you're looking at?

mc_grens

Yeah, the projections/ power rankings are purely wins based, the Actual positioning is influenced by the division leaders as I said above.

AZOffaly

The lads are right.  Position 1 is the person with the best win loss record.. Person 2 is the person with the best win loss record in the OTHER division. The wild cards, 3 and 4 can both be in the same division.

Example

Div One

team A 10-5
Team b 9-6
Team c 8-7

Div Two
Team d 8-7
Team e  7-8

#1 seed will be team A, #2 seed will be team d as division two winner, #3 will be team b and #4 will be team c.  Team e will miss out.

Oraisteach

AZ, what happens if four teams in one division have better records than the top team in the other division.  Does that division leader still make the playoffs by virtue of being division champion?

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: The Iceman on October 16, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
No worries - thanks for checking. Something weird happened of that I have no doubt. I won the matchup at the time, the recap says I won and 3 days later it changed somehow. Oh well.
Mayo 4 Sam is next up. The undefeated versus the people's champ.....

The peoples champ is looking at a Monday night reversal

The Iceman

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on October 21, 2013, 12:03:20 PM
No worries - thanks for checking. Something weird happened of that I have no doubt. I won the matchup at the time, the recap says I won and 3 days later it changed somehow. Oh well.

It could go either way.... Jacobs looks like he is out? So you have Nicks and I have a LB..... if it's a quiet night for the Giants O I could knock you off your perch ;) and if I lose by a few points then I came closer than anyone else.. Win win for the people's champ :)
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Mayo4Sam

Ya it's a lot closer than it looked earlier in the weekend

Capt Pat

the Deel Rover

Quote from: The Iceman on October 21, 2013, 04:13:31 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on October 21, 2013, 12:03:20 PM

It could go either way.... Jacobs looks like he is out? So you have Nicks and I have a LB..... if it's a quiet night for the Giants O I could knock you off your perch ;) and if I lose by a few points then I came closer than anyone else.. Win win for the people's champ :)

And the Iceman wins by .39 points . Have to keep an eye on this 1 as there could be some stat changes that would make a difference.Was hoping for a mayo victory as I would have gone above the Iceman. It's fairly tight in our Division.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Mayo4Sam

mc_grens

My team is falling apart.

Are there any physios on the free agent list?

The Iceman

real nail biter last night. Nicks needed just one catch for Mayo4Sam to take the win but thankfully Hillis got all the plays.....
Watching for stat corrections too as Jolene's team robbed me before that way. Today it has me ahead by more than a point as they missed a Kiwanuka solo tackle on a punt return. Division is very tight and everyone has a chance with a bit of wheeling and dealing and FA pickups. 12 teams much more enjoyable (IMHO)
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight