NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

declan85

Good to have this back again AZ and thanks for running it.
Like most on here i think im well behind on the research, very unprepared for a draft at the minute. First week of the preseason just over so probably about 3 weeks til we start drafting? I remember last year the 3 divisions drafted over the course of 3 weeks, im guessing they will be a bit more bunched this year...

AZOffaly

Yes, I'll probably have to draft midweek, and in a bunch ..

magpie seanie

If it's midweek can we have it as late as possible? With the bright evenings it's not so simple to get the kids to the leaba.

AZOffaly

Sure the evenings are fecked.

*Copyright all Irish mammies everywhere.

Gabriel_Hurl

Anytime should be fine for me  :)

Happy belated birthday AZ  :D

Oraisteach

AZ, how many have signed up to play this year?  So far. the Peyton has only 5 enrollees.

Syferus

Did you send me the league details AZ? I thought I remembered getting them but I'm looking for them now and I can't find them. I've probably deleted it by accident or it's got lost in all the spam that floods through into my inbox these days.

cadhlancian

Asal Mor

Apologies AZ but could you remove my team, Galway Asals, from the league. I can't get the draft window to open on my laptop. I tried doing a mock draft as it seems pretty complex. Also as I'm 7 hours ahead and working fairly long hours it would be tricky to work out a time. I tried to delete the team myself but couldn't figure out how to do it. Cheers, anyway.

vertigonights

Apologies to AZ could you remove my team Jolenes, Yahoo is so slow and never opens half the time on my laptop and I could only open it every so often with my womans email link.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Syferus on August 18, 2013, 07:38:37 PM
Did you send me the league details AZ? I thought I remembered getting them but I'm looking for them now and I can't find them. I've probably deleted it by accident or it's got lost in all the spam that floods through into my inbox these days.

PM me an email address there...

Lads, the rest of ye who are talking about removing, you don't necessarily have to be online for the draft, you can just pre-rank and take your chances if you want. If you still want to leave PM me.

Asal Mor

That's sound so, AZ. I'll stay in. You might be sorry when I win the thing, but you had your chance to get rid of me. So, if I pre-rank my choices and save them I'm sorted. That much I know how to do. Let me know if there's anything else I need to do before the draft, cheers.

AZOffaly

OK, at the moment we have ....

10 teams in Montana, but 4 of these (Smackdown Clowns; Coolera Bears; Ruthless Rossies and Forte Year Olde Virgins) must face the dreaded drop into the Payton 'B' Championship. So lads, if ye could PM me your email addresses, I'll remove ye from A and invite ye to B.

6 teams currently in Payton. However Oraisteach's Browns, New York Jets VI, Rufus Bess Squad and hegan's helmets have earned their way up into the A competition. So can ye 4 lads PM me email addresses, and I'll remove ye from B and invite ye to A.

Conversely Craigyhill Terrors, Savage Bears, Mayo Warriors and North Antrim Nuggets must go back to the Rice 'C' Championship, so likewise lads, please PM me a current email address..

Finally in the C division we have 9 lads entered, with a couple of new lads (WELCOME!). However good news for 4 teams there too. So can the owners of The Curragh Rams,  Crossmaglen Hitmen, Big Apple Orchards and Purple People Eaters PM me with email addresses too please.

I'm thinking of drafting in a hurry in the last two weeks, starting next weekend. C, then B, then A.

One of these days I'd love to do a gathering with a live draft over beers :)

Finally, one potential rule change. Promotion and relegation with 4 spots means quite a lot of change. Do people like that, or would it be better to have 2 up 2 down?

magpie seanie

AZ - sorry now but I don't think I should be relegated. I checked with you at the time and you said it was the regular season ranking that mattered, not where you ended up after the end of season "bowl games" as you called them. From memory I survived.

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 20, 2012, 11:40:24 AM
No Seanie, you're ok. You finished in 5th place in the regular season. Only the top 4 playoffs really matter. The others are just 'games'. Like College Bowl games :)

The Montana Final is between the red hot Ballyhaise Bills, the #1 seed, and the hopelessly overmatched Faithful Turfmen 'B'. The #2 seed Capt Pats Vikings fell to the Turfmen two weeks in a row, while the #4 seed Red Hand Helmets met their waterloo at the hands of the Bills.

Relegated from the Montana Conference (assuming we keep the same format next year) are
7th placed Galway Bay Tribesmen
8th Placed, and last years champion, L'Esprit de Biff
9th Placed Ruthless Rossies and
10th Placed Forte Year Old Virgins.

Worth noting that three of those relegated had at least 5 wins each, so tough competition.

The Payton Final sees Oraisteach's Browns, the #1 seed and conquerers of the #4 Rufus Bess Squad, take on the #2 seed New York Jets VI. The Jets saw off the #3 hegan's helmets in the semi. All 4 of these are earmarked to make the step up to the Montana Conference next week, and I reckon that is two straight promotions for the Browns.

Relegated into the Rice Championship next year are
7th - Savage Bears, who came up last year
8th - Craigyhill Terrors
9th - Mayo Warriors and
10th - North Antrim Nuggets

In the Rice Conference Final, the seedings were completely reversed as the #3 The Curragh Rams overcame #2 Crossmaglen Hitmen to book their place against the #4 Big Apple Orchards. The Orchards took down the #1 seed Purple People Eaters.

Again, all 4 semi finalists are due to progress up to the Payton Championship, while the good news for Hoboken Celtics, O'Neill's Chargers, Pats & Dubs and Bacon Sanger Please is that there is no 'D' conference :)

Best of luck in the finals everyone..

Here you go.