NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

GalwayBayBoy

6-8 is about as good as I could have hope for given my draft which was a bit of a disaster when I look back on it. 3 of my top 4 picks were Larry Fitz, Greg Jennings and Antonio Gates who were all complete non-factors all season long. Managed to work the wire to salvage respectability and even managed to score the 3rd most points overall in the end. Still only got me 6 wins though.

How does relegation work? Bottom of each division down or is there a play-off between them?

Oraisteach

Walter Payton "B" Championship

JOHN MADDEN
*2 NEW YORK JETS                            9-5  1740.82  1678.19
*4 Rufus Bess Squad                         9-5  1698.38  1606.80
6 Faithful Turfmen                            6-8  1811.57  1731.46
8 Craigyhill Terrors                           5-9  1578.68  1716,75
9 Mayo Warriors                              4-10 1701.59  1859.00

GEORGE ALLEN
*1 Oraisteach's Browns                  10-4  2002.41  1790.25
*3 hegan's helmets                           9-5  1839.09  1789.47
5 Royal Badgers                                8-6  1681.68  1607.45
7 Savage Bears                                  6-8  1715.46  1752.70
10 North Antrim Nuggets                 4-10 1493.93  1731.54

DrinkingHarp

Congrats to the Curragh Rams on their win this past weekend, I did not check my lineup to see if anyone was out and it cost me. The Rams deserved the win and it is my own mistake. Well Done.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Dinny Breen

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on December 19, 2012, 04:39:59 AM
Congrats to the Curragh Rams on their win this past weekend, I did not check my lineup to see if anyone was out and it cost me. The Rams deserved the win and it is my own mistake. Well Done.

Didn't even check my own lineup and left 25pts on the bench so was shocked to make the final.

So I am up against the Big Apple Orachards who beat me by 0.14 in the regular season. Bring it on!!!!
#newbridgeornowhere

heganboy

NY Jets destroyed me this week.  7 wins on the trot, I didnt even make a game of it.

In my other league I went 11-1 regular season and lost by 0.25 in the playoff this weekend, when Ray Rice, Doug Martin and Demaryius Thomas combined for 4 points

Unbelievably and just to add insult to injury had I started and benched any other combination of players on my roster I had the win.

Gutted
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: heganboy on December 19, 2012, 12:54:36 PM
NY Jets destroyed me this week.  7 wins on the trot, I didnt even make a game of it.

In my other league I went 11-1 regular season and lost by 0.25 in the playoff this weekend, when Ray Rice, Doug Martin and Demaryius Thomas combined for 4 points

Unbelievably and just to add insult to injury had I started and benched any other combination of players on my roster I had the win.

Gutted

That pretty much sums up fantasy football. Happened to me a couple of years ago. Scoring heavily all season and they put up their lowest score of the season in the first round of the playoffs and you're dumped out.

dec

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 19, 2012, 10:51:42 AM
Quote from: DrinkingHarp on December 19, 2012, 04:39:59 AM

Didn't even check my own lineup and left 25pts on the bench so was shocked to make the final.

So I am up against the Big Apple Orachards who beat me by 0.14 in the regular season. Bring it on!!!!

You're goin' down

Oraisteach

How are the three finals shaping up?  In the Walter Payton, my Browns are up against NEW YORK JETS VI, that crafty veteran.

magpie seanie

Errrr - did I just relegate myself by acting the eejit last weekend?

AZOffaly

No Seanie, you're ok. You finished in 5th place in the regular season. Only the top 4 playoffs really matter. The others are just 'games'. Like College Bowl games :)

The Montana Final is between the red hot Ballyhaise Bills, the #1 seed, and the hopelessly overmatched Faithful Turfmen 'B'. The #2 seed Capt Pats Vikings fell to the Turfmen two weeks in a row, while the #4 seed Red Hand Helmets met their waterloo at the hands of the Bills.

Relegated from the Montana Conference (assuming we keep the same format next year) are
7th placed Galway Bay Tribesmen
8th Placed, and last years champion, L'Esprit de Biff
9th Placed Ruthless Rossies and
10th Placed Forte Year Old Virgins.

Worth noting that three of those relegated had at least 5 wins each, so tough competition.

The Payton Final sees Oraisteach's Browns, the #1 seed and conquerers of the #4 Rufus Bess Squad, take on the #2 seed New York Jets VI. The Jets saw off the #3 hegan's helmets in the semi. All 4 of these are earmarked to make the step up to the Montana Conference next week, and I reckon that is two straight promotions for the Browns.

Relegated into the Rice Championship next year are
7th - Savage Bears, who came up last year
8th - Craigyhill Terrors
9th - Mayo Warriors and
10th - North Antrim Nuggets

In the Rice Conference Final, the seedings were completely reversed as the #3 The Curragh Rams overcame #2 Crossmaglen Hitmen to book their place against the #4 Big Apple Orchards. The Orchards took down the #1 seed Purple People Eaters.

Again, all 4 semi finalists are due to progress up to the Payton Championship, while the good news for Hoboken Celtics, O'Neill's Chargers, Pats & Dubs and Bacon Sanger Please is that there is no 'D' conference :)

Best of luck in the finals everyone..

magpie seanie

That's good and it's what I thought but then I got a little worried! Threw in a few hail Mary candidates last week that I'd never do in a serious game and I saw why I'd never do it usually.

Lost out on playoffs by less than 25 points but the way last weekend went I would have been trounced so no major problem. In another league that I'm commissioner of I almost recovered from a disastrous first leg of a semi final but went down by 6 points thanks in large part to Reggie Wayne (forgiven - carried me all year) and Danario Alexander (grrrr - had him on bench previous week when he scored 20+) who combined for 1.4 points. I have/had a really good team in that one and they have great matchups this weekend....(I know no-one cares but getting it out is therapeutic).

Now the 9 month drought commences. Crap.

GalwayBayBoy

Jaysus I'm down so. I just presumed only the bottom team in each conference went down. I had the 3rd most points as well. Bugger.

Capt Pat

Maybe relegation should be decided on points scored rather than wins and losses.

The Iceman

rules were al explained at beginning. Bottom 4 in the C conference should be booted out and give 4 new lads a chance next year?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight