NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Oraisteach on November 16, 2012, 03:23:39 PM
Close, Deel.  You're not joking.  Won by 1/10 of a point to a short-staffed Terrors team.  Was afraid to comment on it and jinx it lest the stat correction crew adjust it and determine that Isaac Redman had fallen a blade of grass short on his final run.  Still, after losing by less than 1/2 a point to the Badgers early in the season, I'm glad to have escaped with a win on a bye week.  You had a great scoring week yourself--56 pts. from two tight ends.  Very nice.

Yeah was delighted with that . The Broncos had given up the most points against tight ends so decided to take a chance playing Olsen instead of Brandon LLyod and luckily it paid off.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Capt Pat

Andre Johnson had 273 yards tonight just when I needed it in the big matchup between  Red hand helmets and myself. Dez Bryant also had a big night and Brandon Myers of Oakland is a strong emerging late season performer at tightend. I might get the win here.

Norf Tyrone

Went to my first NFL game last week, and seen the Vikings make hard work of beating the Lions.

Great experience. Loved it!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Oraisteach

Gronkowski has broken his arm, it seems.  Sin e, it would appear.  I have him on two fantasy teams. 

Denn Forever

Not on topic but I was wondering is American football only played in highschool, colllege or the NFL? 

Are the community teams and leagues e.g. if Denn was in the US, would there be a Denn junior American football team?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

The Iceman

there are loads of underage school teams, parish teams and the like. there are also travelling teams of amateurs who just love the game and compete against other teams (former high school players and friends get together) kind of like local soccer teams who compete in in leagues in their county etc....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

magpie seanie

To hell with this fantasy football.....oh cruel mistress that you are!

The Iceman

I need a miracle tonight from some defensive players and David Akers..... my worst scoring week yet....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

the Deel Rover

I need san fran to score less than 12.85 to win tonight if i loose thoughts of making the playoffs are over
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

ceiphas50

started reading those recaps after the gameweek is over, never noticed them before but shows how much luck has to do with winning....•''If they played the same schedule as NEW YORK JETS VI, Mayo Warriors would be 7-2.''•they were 4-7 at the time
Superbowl V Winner/Champion of the World

Oraisteach

Darn you, caiphas50! That farting sound you heard was my self-esteem puncturing.  And me deluded that I was a manager of extraordinary talent.

No, you're dead right.  You can draft all the talent you like, but you can do squat against your opponent's point total.  For example, JETS VI have yielded 1394 points, but that porous Mayo Warrior defense has allowed a league-leading 1621 points--over 200 points more.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Oraisteach on November 27, 2012, 10:45:48 PM
Darn you, caiphas50! That farting sound you heard was my self-esteem puncturing.  And me deluded that I was a manager of extraordinary talent.

No, you're dead right.  You can draft all the talent you like, but you can do squat against your opponent's point total.  For example, JETS VI have yielded 1394 points, but that porous Mayo Warrior defense has allowed a league-leading 1621 points--over 200 points more.

Yeah every week i play it's seems my opponents put up a season high total  :(
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

the Deel Rover

Looks like  I'm fecked allready this week . Staring relegation in the face. Brees throws 5 interceptions and scores .18 against a projected 18
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Oraisteach

Lots of players to go yet, Deel, but can't believe Brees' five picks and no TDs.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Oraisteach on November 30, 2012, 02:06:03 PM
Lots of players to go yet, Deel, but can't believe Brees' five picks and no TDs.

Yeah Oraisteach 1st time in 54 matches (i think) that he did not throw a touchdown . And who did he hit most your man colston  :D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers