NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

The Iceman

I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Capt Pat

That is the way the nfl is going this year. There have been a lot of random and unpredictable results and that is the same for fantasy performances as well. My top two picks Chris and Andre Johnson are dragging my team down but I hope and expect that will change.

unexpected
Quote from: Go on ya boy ye on September 25, 2012, 06:33:44 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on September 25, 2012, 06:27:14 PM
well in the C league a lad who missed the draft, went on auto picks and didnt do any work to his team since, leaving clay matthews on the bench for 3 games is placed 1st.... figure that one out....

Iceman,

Undo your knickers there.  Matthews was 2 games as I was on vacation

Whats it like being spanked by a rookie?

Minder

Iceman - Andre Johnson should come good for you but I doubt it about Chris Johnson, he is another great case of a player getting paid and basically not giving a fcuk, allied to the fact they seem to be throwing more.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

turk

Quote from: Minder on September 25, 2012, 07:23:45 PM
Iceman - Andre Johnson should come good for you but I doubt it about Chris Johnson, he is another great case of a player getting paid and basically not giving a fcuk, allied to the fact they seem to be throwing more.

I am delighted I offloaded Chris Johnson last week! I was waiting for him to rush for 200 yards and 5 TDs at the weekend but it didn't happen

heganboy

Cornerbacks get points for tackles. Pick a crap starter who will get targeted a lot, they'll make 10 tackles bringing down their WR after a gain of 15... Loads of points.
Pick a top cornerback that a QB can't get a pass near and bingo, no points...
If you're starting 2 crap corners you're golden, But they must start...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

magpie seanie

Quote from: turk on September 25, 2012, 08:01:28 PM

I am delighted I offloaded Chris Johnson last week! I was waiting for him to rush for 200 yards and 5 TDs at the weekend but it didn't happen

It's not all CJ0K's fault. He has lads meeting him as he is getting the ball.

Minder

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 26, 2012, 11:22:36 AM
Quote from: turk on September 25, 2012, 08:01:28 PM

It's not all CJ0K's fault. He has lads meeting him as he is getting the ball.

Strange thing about that is their head coach was an offensive line coach and their current offensive line coach is Bruce Matthews (Clays uncle) an ex offensive lineman and a hall of famer.

the Deel Rover

some scores in the payton this week . Az put up 174 ans still ends up on the loseing side.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AZOffaly

Fucks sake. 200 points Oraisteach got !! My 3 teams scored 180, 173 and 164 this week, I was sure I'd win them all. Ara who cares, the Cardinals won ! :)

The Iceman

The sweat is on tonight. Chance to clinch a win if things don't go well for my opponent....

bacon Langer took some hammering there against you AZ....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Go on ya boy ye

Quote from: The Iceman on October 01, 2012, 04:34:26 PM
The sweat is on tonight. Chance to clinch a win if things don't go well for my opponent....

bacon Langer took some hammering there against you AZ....

I sure did.  80 odd pints not nearly enough...though hopefully my Bears special teams get me something tonight...........I have a fifty on Chicago.....should be a good game.....

How many sacks for Cutler tonight??? +3 I reckon..

Capt Pat

My team squeezed home against Ballyhaise Bills on essentially the last play. Dallas got a worthless score in garbage time to win it for me. The game itself was pretty brutal but the fantasy battle was a real cliff hanger.

The Bears were well ahead of the Cowboys. Romo threw 5 picks.

Go on ya boy ye

Quote from: Capt Pat on October 02, 2012, 04:49:11 AM
My team squeezed home against Ballyhaise Bills on essentially the last play. Dallas got a worthless score in garbage time to win it for me. The game itself was pretty brutal but the fantasy battle was a real cliff hanger.

My Bears look promising enough, but I hate the way Cutler loses 10 yds before he throws the ball. 

SF still look like the team to beat so far.

Minder

Quote from: Go on ya boy ye on October 02, 2012, 04:19:28 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on October 02, 2012, 04:49:11 AM

My Bears look promising enough, but I hate the way Cutler loses 10 yds before he throws the ball. 

SF still look like the team to beat so far.

Don't think they can win Super Bowl with Smith at QB.

Oraisteach

AZ, do you think you could post the standings in all three divisions?  I'd like to see how everybody else's doing.  Boy. you've had some bad luck in the Payton.  Everyone you play seems to have a career week against you.  At least you've got the Cardinals; on the other hand, I've got the Browns.  Hello 0-16!