NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

ONeill

I've never participated in a live draft or even ranked beforehand, usually allowing lady luck to leave me with a shower of nearlies.

This time I will - is it simply a case of doing a bit of research into the players you'd like to have and nailing them on the day?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

AZOffaly

Yep, and having a first second third choice as you go along so you can react to moves by others. For example, if your strategy is to pick RBs or WRS and suddenly you find Aaron Rogers landing in your lap at number 9 or 10, do you pick him or stick to your guns even though the top WRS and RBS are gone?

I'd suggest doing a couple of mock drafts to get in the swing of things. The draft is one of the best parts of the whole season.

declan85

Is there any chance of moving the Montana draft from 9pm Saturday night? Even an hour earlier might work. The draft usually lasts an hour and a half meaning not finished til 10.30pm on a Saturday night. Wouldn't suit anyone with social plans...

Minder

Quote from: ONeill on August 22, 2012, 02:40:00 PM
I've never participated in a live draft or even ranked beforehand, usually allowing lady luck to leave me with a shower of nearlies.

This time I will - is it simply a case of doing a bit of research into the players you'd like to have and nailing them on the day?

Something like this will rank them for you.

http://fantasy.nfl.com/draftcenter/breakdown
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Capt Pat

Quote from: declan85 on August 22, 2012, 03:09:22 PM
Is there any chance of moving the Montana draft from 9pm Saturday night? Even an hour earlier might work. The draft usually lasts an hour and a half meaning not finished til 10.30pm on a Saturday night. Wouldn't suit anyone with social plans...

I was thinking the same thing myself.

AZOffaly

I'm at an Under 14 Academy thing up in Tuam, Galway on Saturday and I just said 9 to make sure I was back. I can try for 8.30?

GalwayBayBoy

AZOffaly

Yep. Sat night for A, Sun for B. C is not fixed yet. Is that a problem? We only have 2 weekends left, and I'm in Dublin for the American Football next weekend.

AZOffaly

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 22, 2012, 04:01:08 PM
Yep. Sat night for A, Sun for B. C is not fixed yet. Is that a problem? We only have 2 weekends left, and I'm in Dublin for the American Football next weekend.

Yeah have a family do on Saturday. Midweek evenings probably suit me better. Always seem to have something on most weekends.

AZOffaly

the problem with our midweeks is that we have lads in the US. So a midweek evening is work time for them. I could PM people and see what suits best? Midweek would be best for me too :)

GalwayBayBoy

turk

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 22, 2012, 02:22:43 PM
Yahoo doesn't (I believe) differentiate between Linemen and Linebackers. You can pick LBs in the DL slot. Just like Safeties and Corners in DB slots. I think.

AZ you can't pick LB in the DL slots, unless the player is a flex type LB,DE. For example a player like Clay Matthews is only LB and can't be set as a DL
You can only pick a DE or a DT into the DL slot.
You would need to enable the LB position for this.

turk

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 22, 2012, 04:24:28 PM
the problem with our midweeks is that we have lads in the US. So a midweek evening is work time for them. I could PM people and see what suits best? Midweek would be best for me too :)

Midweek evening is better here

AZOffaly

Quote from: turk on August 22, 2012, 04:28:55 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 22, 2012, 02:22:43 PM
Yahoo doesn't (I believe) differentiate between Linemen and Linebackers. You can pick LBs in the DL slot. Just like Safeties and Corners in DB slots. I think.

AZ you can't pick LB in the DL slots, unless the player is a flex type LB,DE. For example a player like Clay Matthews is only LB and can't be set as a DL
You can only pick a DE or a DT into the DL slot.
You would need to enable the LB position for this.

OK, I'll take your word for it. so will I go 1LB, 1 DL and 2 DBs?