Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rodger Mona on January 23, 2020, 12:50:17 PM
BS how do you know so much regarding affairs in panel. May i ask if u are giving a hand or take much to do with set up? Good to have a bit of inside knowkledge. Keeps the discussion board well informed. Much appreciated

Training sessions are an open affair, they train at J'town, I've been down a few times, you'll get plenty insight if you go
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Gs Man

See Ross Carr has taken over the reins at Ardoyne.  Sounds like a decent appointment for them.
Keep 'er lit

BigBallWeeBall

Quote from: The Gs Man on January 23, 2020, 01:28:06 PM
See Ross Carr has taken over the reins at Ardoyne.  Sounds like a decent appointment for them.
No doubt very expensive, at least in line with SW clubs salary structure

BrendanAntrim

Quote from: Rodger Mona on January 23, 2020, 12:50:17 PM
BS how do you know so much regarding affairs in panel. May i ask if u are giving a hand or take much to do with set up? Good to have a bit of inside knowkledge. Keeps the discussion board well informed. Much appreciated

Eh?? Check out the panel!!

bannside

Most of what I put on here is fairly common knowledge RM.....anything new that I might pick up occasionally that is of an insider only nature obviously needs to stay private!

Big big game on Sunday. Please God we can get off to a good start and keep Wexford on the  back foot, but it's not going to be easy. A big supportive crowd would be a real asset, nothing more than Lenny and the boys deserve.

paddyjohn

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on January 23, 2020, 05:52:04 PM

SW clubs don't pay in Raffos chips and pastie baps.. they pay in red diesel & tins o boost.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on January 23, 2020, 11:17:17 PM

SW clubs don't pay in Raffos chips and pastie baps.. they pay in red diesel & tins o boost.

I'd it under good authority that Ardoyne a weren't paying team..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Gs Man

Any links to buy tickets for Sunday's game?

Can't find any online.
Keep 'er lit

Rodger Mona

*Brendan Antrim, i can obviously read and see what the panel is, im refering to BS's contribution as last couple of months. Him and Miltown to be fair to them keep the group well informed. i was just looking to know if there was any connections to our panel.

Im delighted to hear a gael like Ross Carr is with ardoyne. Hopefully inspire alot of young lads and that club to kick on and realise their potential.

bannside

Well done Ardoyne, that's a great coup. Ross Carr a legend and what a footballer. Hopefully his involvement can result in the emergence of two or three elite players from the Ardoyne area in the next generation.

These areas are the real battleground to source potentially elite players of the future, get them early and a good grounding in the basic skills and enjoyment of the game, and into the ethos of the association. Weve lost far too many "potentials" to soccer over the years. I mean..theres literally thousands of young men in places like Ardoyne, The Markets, Lower Falls, (Davitts getting their show on the road now too) and North Belfast where St Endas have also got their act together. You couldnt put a number on the quality sportsmen in those areas that were lost to Antrim gaa. It's clear to see that there is obvious development in these areas which Gaelfast etc can further propagate and develop.

Na Glinntí Glasa

i see we have the re-emergence of a team to the South Antrim league this year in the form of Wolfe Tones from Greencastle. Good luck to them all and its good to see another new club, esp in a new area of the county that has no teams.
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on January 24, 2020, 08:55:26 AM
i see we have the re-emergence of a team to the South Antrim league this year in the form of Wolfe Tones from Greencastle. Good luck to them all and its good to see another new club, esp in a new area of the county that has no teams.

Would be my nearest local team since moving outta Belfast over 20 years!

Good luck to them, southy football I believe

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 23, 2020, 11:48:39 PM

MR2 if your source is right that's brilliant that's he is doing it voluntary and fair play to him in an area that's had it Tight fo so long

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 24, 2020, 09:25:23 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on January 24, 2020, 08:55:26 AM

Would be my nearest local team since moving outta Belfast over 20 years!

Good luck to them, southy football I believe
really is a great story to hear and fair play to the volunteers down there

BigBallWeeBall

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on January 24, 2020, 01:29:48 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 23, 2020, 11:48:39 PM

MR2 if your source is right that's brilliant that's he is doing it voluntary and fair play to him in an area that's had it Tight fo so long
No doubt about the football calibre of the new manager but I can't see that being done on the cheap