Best club facilities

Started by JimStynes, March 16, 2017, 08:47:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Looking to go have a look at some club facilities. Something with maybe indoor 3G, couple pitches, gym etc. What clubs have the best facilities about? I've got Dunloy, Randalstown, Ashbourne in Meath in a list so far.

Estimator

Lavey (Derry) tick all those boxes. Two outdoor pitches, Indoor fitness and spinning suite, plus indoor 3G pitch.
Ulster League Champions 2009

illdecide

Lavey have some setup alright...To be fair I think most GAA clubs now have a decent enough setup, there are of course a few clubs that are top notch...(Nemo Rangers and quite a few Dublin clubs have right facilities). Knowing where you're from Jim I'd say Lavey would be the closest to you with the best setup.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Croí na hÉireann

Not a club but Abbottstown is a right setup.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Last Man

Always been impressed driving past Clonakilty's set up.
http://www.clonakiltygaa.ie/

Jinxy

Mallow have serious facilities.

If you were any use you'd be playing.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Estimator on March 16, 2017, 08:54:56 AM
Lavey (Derry) tick all those boxes. Two outdoor pitches, Indoor fitness and spinning suite, plus indoor 3G pitch.

Was up there about a year ago for a friendly. Couldn't believe it - great spot alright.

BenDover

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on March 16, 2017, 10:00:10 AM
Not a club but Abbottstown is a right setup.
I've been at a few of the Ulster council CPD sessions and during these they show video clips of sessions in Abbottstown, looks very impressive

JimStynes

Jesus some of those places are ridiculous. Money must be no object there!

snoopdog

Quote from: Last Man on March 16, 2017, 10:00:22 AM
Yep seen these facilities myself. Very impressive.

snoopdog

Was up at Thomas Davis last sat. They have a new club house looks impressive. Great all weather pitch also. It and castleknock the best ive seen in Dublin .

Walter Cronc

Ironic that Cork clubs can have better facilities than Cork GAA itself!!

oakleaflad

Would echo the comments above in that Lavey have the best in Derry at the minute.

If you wanted something similar on a smaller scale though Craigbane would probably be a good shout. Impressive enough set up. 2 pitches, a small indoor 3g, gym and changing rooms.

rosnarun

Quote from: snoopdog on March 16, 2017, 02:19:46 PM
Quote from: Last Man on March 16, 2017, 10:00:22 AM
Yep seen these facilities myself. Very impressive.
great facilities but its a bit out of town I know it cased some problems for them.
do they still have the pitch in town or did someone finally build on it?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Jinxy

Quote from: snoopdog on March 16, 2017, 02:21:29 PM
Was up at Thomas Davis last sat. They have a new club house looks impressive. Great all weather pitch also. It and castleknock the best ive seen in Dublin .

???
If you were any use you'd be playing.