Mayo v Cavan 19th March - MacHale Park

Started by Farrandeelin, March 13, 2017, 08:59:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

Mayo Really need to win this to wash the Dublin game out of the system.
A loss here would leave them with serious doubts about their abilities.
I see the O Sés  are still out it would be nice to have a pretty full panel to pick from
who else is still out
CAFF
Barrett
Hall
I presume cunniffe is not being considered any more by his Statements
freeman???
any more U21's due to come in Regan, azram? Breaffy/Breaghwy  need to give any else a run?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

bucko

Barrett close to being fit and available for Sunday, according to Rochford in the Mayo news. The two O'Sheas and Caff not back training yet, Rochford's statement on Caff was "He'll be ready when he's ready". No mention of Hall and I'd guess Cunnife is unlikely to feature in a Mayo jersey again as things stand. As regards U21 players I'd say whoever's in the squad right now that's going to be it. Boland is the only player with regular game time, O'Donaghue and Loftus have come off the bench, very little seen of the rest. Given our FF issues I would have thought Irwin might have seen a bit more game time, at least to have a decent look at him.

Syferus

Quote from: rosnarun on March 14, 2017, 12:16:57 PM
Mayo Really need to win this to wash the Dublin game out of the system.
A loss here would leave them with serious doubts about their abilities.
I see the O Sés  are still out it would be nice to have a pretty full panel to pick from
who else is still out
CAFF
Barrett
Hall
I presume cunniffe is not being considered any more by his Statements
freeman???
any more U21's due to come in Regan, azram? Breaffy/Breaghwy  need to give any else a run?

Keep calling him Azram and he won't be long switching to his home county.

rosnarun

sorry I was using the Irish version of  Akram

thanks for that Bucko
I wonder is aidans injury a bit more serious than they are letting on . it was only supposed to be a minor twist originally and wasn't Caff supposed to be back training a few months back
of course I forgot Gillion and Barry moran , Probaly not starters at this stage  but great men to have around esp if there a run of injuries
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

bucko

Quote from: rosnarun on March 15, 2017, 12:56:54 PM
sorry I was using the Irish version of  Akram

thanks for that Bucko
I wonder is aidans injury a bit more serious than they are letting on . it was only supposed to be a minor twist originally and wasn't Caff supposed to be back training a few months back
of course I forgot Gillion and Barry moran , Probaly not starters at this stage  but great men to have around esp if there a run of injuries
I have to correct myself, just read the piece again and it said the O'Sheas "part trained" last Sunday and might be in contention for the Tyrone game.

Farrandeelin

Cavan (NFL Division One v Mayo 19/3/2017): Raymond Galligan (Lacken); Killian Brady (Mullahoran), Rory Dunne (Redhills), Jason McLoughlin (Shannon Gaels); Ciaran Brady (Arvagh), Killian Clarke (Shercock), Conor Moynagh (Drumgoon); Gearoid McKiernan (Swanlinbar), Tomas Corr (Denn); Martin Reilly (Killygarry), Dara McVeety (Crosserlough), Niall Clerkin (Shercock); Paul O'Connor (Cavan Gaels), Conor Madden (Gowna), Sean Johnston (Cavan Gaels). Subs: James Farrelly (Kingscourt), Fergal Reilly (Castlerahan), Niall McKiernan (Lacken), Michael Argue (Bailieborough), Cian Mackey (Castlerahan), Niall Murray (Cavan Gaels), John McCutcheon (Cootehill Celtic), Gerard Smith (Lavey), Shane O'Rourke (Laragh United), Stephen Murray (Cavan Gaels), Niall McDermott (Ballinagh), Joe Dillon (Kingscourt), Colm Smith (Cootehill Celtic), Liam Buchanan (Ballymachugh), Joshua Hayes (Cootehill Celtic).
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Farrandeelin

1. David Clarke (Ballina Stephenites)
2. Brendan Harrison (Aghamore)
3. Keith Higgins (Ballyhaunis)
4. Paddy Durcan (Castlebar Mitchels)
5. Colm Boyle (Davitts)
6. Lee Keegan (Westport)
7. Donal Vaughan (Ballinrobe)
8. Tom Parsons (Charlestown)
9. Danny Kirby (Castlebar Mitchels)
10. Fergal Boland (Aghamore)
11. Cillian O'Connor (Ballintubber, Capt)
12. Conor O'Shea (Breaffy)
13. Kevin McLoughlin (Knockmore)
14. Andy Moran (Ballaghaderreen)
15. Conor Loftus (Crossmolina)

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 17, 2017, 10:10:02 PM
1. David Clarke (Ballina Stephenites)
2. Brendan Harrison (Aghamore)
3. Keith Higgins (Ballyhaunis)
4. Paddy Durcan (Castlebar Mitchels)
5. Colm Boyle (Davitts)
6. Lee Keegan (Westport)
7. Donal Vaughan (Ballinrobe)
8. Tom Parsons (Charlestown)
9. Danny Kirby (Castlebar Mitchels)
10. Fergal Boland (Aghamore)
11. Cillian O'Connor (Ballintubber, Capt)
12. Conor O'Shea (Breaffy)
13. Kevin McLoughlin (Knockmore)
14. Andy Moran (Ballaghaderreen)
15. Conor Loftus (Crossmolina)

Thanks Farr.

cuconnacht

Cavan lad told me they haven't won a D1 game since 04,don't know if it's true but...
There's no better time to play Mayo.Its Machale park.Get Yere face into Mayo from the start,works for Tyrone Monaghan Dublin yearly.Id say our Croke record is better than "Home",Breffni win today keeps  us in the mess,and for 3yrs others results than our own endeavour have seen to our survival.

Farrandeelin

omagh_gael

Very well worked goal, big Gearoid is some player. 

omagh_gael

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

imtommygunn

omagh_gael

Would like to see the Ulster team prevail but from a Tyrone point of view I'd rather face a Mayo team safe in Division 1 rather than a team in a relegation fight.