The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Hopefully it doesn't get messy, but hard to see anything only a heavy defeat.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Brilliant first 10 minutes,could be 1 up really.

gawa316

laoislad

Very cruel scoreline. They have actually played very well and are unlucky not to have scored themselves.

BennyCake

Liverpool have totally devalued the Milk Cup playing that line-up. It will never be the same again!  ;D

J70

Quote from: BennyCake on December 17, 2019, 11:48:10 PM
Liverpool have totally devalued the Milk Cup playing that line-up. It will never be the same again!  ;D

Maybe, but what was the alternative?

Put out half teams in two competitions and definitely lose in both?

The EFL gave them no choice.

gawa316

Quote from: J70 on December 18, 2019, 01:20:43 AM

I think Benny was taking the piss J70

TabClear

Disappointing for the kids to take such a beating. I do not think the scoreline reflected the overall performance but they will learn from it, especially the defenders. It does highlight how exposed we are at Centrehalf at the minute with Lovren and Matip out. None of the players yesterday are ready to cover. I thing we need to ring Caulker's agent in January.....

It does show you the stepup required for young lads  to play for any premier league club, never mind one of the top clubs like Liverpool. Elliott and Kane have impressed me every-time I have seen them as as Hoever. 

Fingers crossed now for no injuries in Qatar over the next few days and I will be happy, regardless of results.

Mayo4Sam

Andy Townsend was on the BBC live text. He actually said the league cup quarter final was more important than the world club. Think about that for a minute
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Milltown Row2

Strange for Townsend to say that as before the game he said something completely different! These guys talk some shit

Regardless of the scoreline that was some night for those young lads, who on any other day would not experience anything like that for a long time (if they're lucky), they won't wake up feeling crap, they just represented the best team in the league at senior level, yes going out of the cup is not what you want, but to blood 11 players and their youngest ever team can't be all bad.

So balloon was saying it could ruin their careers! Give me strength
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

magpie seanie

Quote from: gawa316 on December 18, 2019, 06:00:21 AM

I'd say Benny is remembering the outcry over Manchester United being told by the FA to withdraw from the FA Cup in similar circumstances. People were losing their shit altogether.

It's wrong that Liverpool were put in this position.

lurganblue

I believe Dean Smith and JT had some great words for the young Liverpool players and went in to speak with them after.  Elliott looks a real talent.

As a Villa fan I was quite worried beforehand.  If there is a chance for embarrassment then usually Villa grab that with both hands.

lurganblue

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 18, 2019, 09:40:54 AM

I'd say Benny is remembering the outcry over Manchester United being told by the FA to withdraw from the FA Cup in similar circumstances. People were losing their shit altogether.

Arsenal's fault really.

BennyCake

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 18, 2019, 09:40:54 AM

I remember that indeed.

Was stupid, as United could have clearly played their FA cup match when they came home a couple weeks later. And Liverpool should have been accommodated here too. No reason why this QF couldn't have been played in the new year.

angermanagement

The semi finals are two legged and down for January. There were no free dates.

I think Klopp was happy enough to play it and be put out.