9. D Moran (Kerry)
10. R McHugh (Donegal)
11. P Flynn (Dublin)
12. D Connolly (Dublin)
13. C O Connor (Mayo)
14. M Murphy (Donegal)
15. J O Donoghue (Kerry)

BennyCake

One memorable performance in Croker is usually enough to get you an All star. Ryan McHugh will get one so.

Syferus

Someone hasn't been watching the championship closely.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: BennyCake on September 01, 2014, 10:03:13 PM
One memorable performance in Croker is usually enough to get you an All star. Ryan McHugh will get one so.

Being Man of the Match in the Ulster final won't do him any harm either.

Some going for a 20 year old.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

BluestackBoy

1. P Durcan (Donegal)
2. P McGrath (Donegal
3. N McGee (Donegal)
4. K Higgins (Mayo)
5. P Crowley (Kerry)
6. C Boyle (Mayo)
7. F McGlynn (Donegal)
8. N Gallagher (Donegal)
9. D Moran (Kerry)
10. R McHugh (Donegal)
11. P Flynn (Dublin)
12. D Connolly (Dublin)
13. C O Connor (Mayo)
14. M Murphy (Donegal)
15. J O Donoghue (Kerry)

INDIANA

Quote from: BluestackBoy on September 01, 2014, 11:17:17 PM
1. P Durcan (Donegal)
2. P McGrath (Donegal
3. N McGee (Donegal)
4. K Higgins (Mayo)
5. P Crowley (Kerry)
6. C Boyle (Mayo)
7. F McGlynn (Donegal)
8. N Gallagher (Donegal)
9. D Moran (Kerry)
10. R McHugh (Donegal)
11. P Flynn (Dublin)
12. D Connolly (Dublin)
13. C O Connor (Mayo)
14. M Murphy (Donegal)
15. J O Donoghue (Kerry)

Good team. That full forward off Armagh whose names escpaes me is desperately unlcuky IMO. I mean if your judging a full forward on conventional full forward play he should be ahead of Murphy IMO. Of course if Doanghy has a big one in the final he'll get one in time honoured allstar form.

J70

Stefan Campbell? Or was it Forker?

Good player.

Crete Boom

Good shouts for the team here so far but I think the final could change a lot of the real selection as it normally does. I think it will be a one point final like last year so I would expect the team to be dominated by the finalists. Cillian O' Connor is probably close to an all star but I don't think any Mayo inside forward has a chance at an all star till we win Sam so I can't see him being selected.I think Keith will be our only all star this year with Boyler just losing out.

If I was to pick an Armagh player to get one for me it would be Tony Kernan as I thought he had a great championship overall. Shane Walsh should get a nomination and don't forget Colm O' Neill as well! Drew Wylie and Mone could be in with a shout and I have to mention Keoghan from our old friends Meath although he is brilliant every year so will probably get the nod when the Royal are a bit more competitive.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: INDIANA on September 01, 2014, 11:22:48 PM
Quote from: BluestackBoy on September 01, 2014, 11:17:17 PM
1. P Durcan (Donegal)
2. P McGrath (Donegal
3. N McGee (Donegal)
4. K Higgins (Mayo)
5. P Crowley (Kerry)
6. C Boyle (Mayo)
7. F McGlynn (Donegal)
8. N Gallagher (Donegal)
9. D Moran (Kerry)
10. R McHugh (Donegal)
11. P Flynn (Dublin)
12. D Connolly (Dublin)
13. C O Connor (Mayo)
14. M Murphy (Donegal)
15. J O Donoghue (Kerry)

Good team. That full forward off Armagh whose names escpaes me is desperately unlcuky IMO. I mean if your judging a full forward on conventional full forward play he should be ahead of Murphy IMO. Of course if Doanghy has a big one in the final he'll get one in time honoured allstar form.

Would you be talking about Jamie Clarke by any chance Indiana?

I agree he is a great player & has been a star for Armagh for years but it is not often that Q/F teams get All Star places which is why I didn't pick them. All the players I picked have performed consistently well in every game and shone in some. If you have an off day then you are toast!!

Throw ball

If an Armagh player is to get picked it is between Andy Mallon, Tony Kernan and Stefan Campbell. Jamie Clarke played well but not to the level of these three. If I was to pick one it would be Mallon.

moysider

Cillian O Connor is a shoe-in Crete as well as Higgins. Boyle has a big chance too. Not Aidan O Se s fault he was concussed either. He was a warrior in big games. And a leader. Not sure Flynn and Connolly did enough against Donegal when it mattered. They were excellent against the lower division teams though. I mean Jason Doherty kicked some massive scores this years but nobody talking about all stars there, like.

From the Bunker

Quote from: moysider on September 02, 2014, 12:26:33 AM
Cillian O Connor is a shoe-in Crete as well as Higgins. Boyle has a big chance too. Not Aidan O Se s fault he was concussed either. He was a warrior in big games. And a leader. Not sure Flynn and Connolly did enough against Donegal when it mattered. They were excellent against the lower division teams though. I mean Jason Doherty kicked some massive scores this years but nobody talking about all stars there, like.

No chance for O'Se or Boyle. It's usually 6 to the winners and 4 to the losers. Dublin will get two Connolly and Cluxton. There will be a wild card. That leaves two. Higgins has a good chance and Cillian and that's about it!

BluestackBoy

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 02, 2014, 12:34:07 AM

No chance for O'Se or Boyle. It's usually 6 to the winners and 4 to the losers. Dublin will get two Connolly and Cluxton. There will be a wild card. That leaves two. Higgins has a good chance and Cillian and that's about it!

Providin Durcan has a good final then I can't see Cluxton getting the nod.

He had a poor enough game yesterday, shipping three goals, missing with two place kicks & some of his kick outs were picked off too.

Don't get me wrong, I am a big admirer of his & he has revolutionised the keeper's job but with places for semi finalists at a premium, yesterday will tell against him.

J70

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 02, 2014, 12:34:07 AM

Donegal won eight two years ago, so I guess it depends on how impressive the winners of the final are too. If its a close game, it will be 6-4 or 6-5, with the 3 or 4 between Dublin and Mayo and maybe a nod for another impressive player or two from earlier in the championship.

If Donegal win, Durkin will take the goalkeeping award, especially if he keeps a clean sheet and continues to impress from kick-outs.