Tommy Walsh - Kerry

Started by Jinxy, July 02, 2011, 10:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keane

That's a pretty bad picture but tbf Tommy and Joe have both said since they've had a laugh about it and don't view it badly.

Max Payne

Quote from: OakleafCounty on October 01, 2014, 11:27:59 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on October 01, 2014, 10:51:27 AM

Joe McMahon will be happy.

That picture sums up how Tyrone played at that time. Thugs.

Think I remember Joe Mc saying that he only reacted here cos Walsh was winding him up

blanketattack

Tommy was only a small boy of 19 or 20 at the time of that photo. He's grown up big since then.

moysider

Quote from: Keane on October 01, 2014, 11:35:12 AM
That's a pretty bad picture but tbf Tommy and Joe have both said since they've had a laugh about it and don't view it badly.

They would say that wouldn t they?

foxcommander

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 30, 2014, 03:18:37 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on September 30, 2014, 02:39:46 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 30, 2014, 01:56:27 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 30, 2014, 01:42:09 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 30, 2014, 01:32:01 PM
Quote from: Man Marker on September 30, 2014, 12:37:27 PM
Ok, I'll bite, you don't view Canavan, Mc Guigan, Canavagh, Tohill, Scullion, Linden, Murphy, Mc Conville, Mc Hugh as natural footballers?

They MIGHT have been good footballers but it is impossible to tell when they are sacrificed to the system.

Michael Murphy is a great player but he has ended up playing corner back at times ffs. It is ridiculous.

You lads will be thanking us in the years to come because we have , essentially, saved football again. By beating the
system at it's most negative we have now forced Ulster "tae think again" as the song goes. You will have to do more than simply trying to stop the other team playing.

Of course, Ulster may respond by going even more negative. Not sure how that is possible but if anyone can find a more negative way it is Ulster  ::) Hopefully that won't happen  as it will be a tragedy for any decent footballers in the province.

What systems did you disapprove off in the 90s??

The early 90's was more about the very poor standard rather than systems as such. The likes of Brolly , for example, was completely overrated on the basis of a soft All-Ireland.

Yep, the Down, Derry and Donegal teams in the early 90's were pansies.  ::)
Easy all-Irelands in those days. Didn't even have to go through a back door or nothing.

Funnily enough Kerry disappeared in those years.

That's why they were soft All Irelands.

Do try and keep up.

You were trying to keep up with Cork giving you savage beatings if I recall correctly. And Clare.... LOL
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

BennyHarp

So how is Tommy Walsh getting on his first season back? I dared suggest on here that he may possibly not have a huge impact on the Kerry team on his return and got shouted out of town. I realise there's still a few games left to get involved. I know he got a run yesterday but how likely is he to force his way into that Kerry forward line?
That was never a square ball!!

Sidney

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 03, 2015, 08:43:12 AM
So how is Tommy Walsh getting on his first season back? I dared suggest on here that he may possibly not have a huge impact on the Kerry team on his return and got shouted out of town. I realise there's still a few games left to get involved. I know he got a run yesterday but how likely is he to force his way into that Kerry forward line?
He's done fook all.

That's meant as a personal insult to him, his family, his friends, Kerry GAA (football only obviously, they don't play hurling in Kerry) and all Kerry supporters, by the way.

twohands!!!

The thing is that Kerry haven't really needed him all that much this year with Moran and Maher at midfield and Donaghy in full-forward. However he is younger than all these so I wouldnt be surprised if he makes more of an impact next year and beyond (especially as Donaghy is odds on to retire at the end of this year)

He has definitely improved based on the brief glimpse we got yesterday. I can't help thinking he'd probably have got a lot more game time if he was in a county with a weaker team or played in different positions, given how well stocked Kerry are at midfield and in the forwards. There was one league game he got some minutes earlier on in the year and I thought he looked seriously rusty - seemed unsure where to move and the ball hopped off him once of twice.It would be interesting to go through all the lads who have come back from Oz and see how long it took them to get back to match sharpness. In Walsh's case I don't think he had actually played a game of proper football in 5 years. Anyone know if he has played much club football?

macdanger2

With maybe two big games to come, he could make an impact yet....

Rois

Quote from: twohands!!! on August 03, 2015, 12:39:59 PM

The thing is that Kerry haven't really needed him all that much this year with Moran and Maher at midfield and Donaghy in full-forward. However he is younger than all these so I wouldnt be surprised if he makes more of an impact next year and beyond (especially as Donaghy is odds on to retire at the end of this year)

Think David Moran is younger by a matter of months. 

twohands!!!

Quote from: Rois on August 03, 2015, 01:09:42 PM

Think David Moran is younger by a matter of months.

Yeah might be right there.
My main point is that I really wouldn't be writing off Tommy Walsh with Kerry yet.
I could see him being a very important player for them for a good couple of years yet.

Syferus

He has definitely improved based on the brief glimpse we got yesterday. I can't help thinking he'd probably have got a lot more game time if he was in a county with a weaker team or played in different positions, given how well stocked Kerry are at midfield and in the forwards. There was one league game he got some minutes earlier on in the year and I thought he looked seriously rusty - seemed unsure where to move and the ball hopped off him once of twice.It would be interesting to go through all the lads who have come back from Oz and see how long it took them to get back to match sharpness. In Walsh's case I don't think he had actually played a game of proper football in 5 years. Anyone know if he has played much club football?

Walsh is older than Moran!? They were on the same minor team. On Googling it, Walsh is four months older than Moran.

ballinaman

Tommy Walsh to quit Kerry panel over lack of game time - reports
http://the42.ie/2740164

Dinny Breen

There's a vacant house in Straffan #justsaying
#newbridgeornowhere

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 28, 2016, 01:21:25 PM
There's a vacant house in Straffan #justsaying
Does he play hurling??