Tommy Walsh - Kerry

Started by Jinxy, July 02, 2011, 10:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Didn't the O'Se lads say recently that they wouldnt have won as many all irelands if they had to go through the Ulster competition first?

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: JimStynes on September 28, 2014, 01:51:33 PM
Didn't the O'Se lads say recently that they wouldnt have won as many all irelands if they had to go through the Ulster competition first?

We understand you far better than you understand us. We know that despite all that has gone on between Kerry and Ulster that you still look up to us and crave our approval. Being a polite and humble lot we have no problem telling you what you want to hear every now and then.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 28, 2014, 07:38:10 AM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 28, 2014, 01:07:22 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on September 28, 2014, 12:31:21 AM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 28, 2014, 12:02:16 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on September 27, 2014, 11:49:05 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 27, 2014, 11:34:42 PM
Quote from: rrhf on September 27, 2014, 11:30:09 PM
I think Kerry football and their cheer leaders have grown up and realised that all Ireland's are won tough. If Kerry are cynical hoors then they ca now accept thatcriticism but their days of aloofness are over. What a pity we can't have them in the ulster championship

Nah, they are quite easy to win really...for us anyway. Sure we have 37 of them.

We'd walk Ulster.

Shite province.

Damn right they were easy won! I'm glad this is finally recognised, when for 100 odd years you only had to roll over the tripe in Munster to set up an AI semi final appearance. The big question in Kerry should be why they only have 37 AI titles given the fact that they had so many Munster titles handed to them?

Sure, Tipperary have more All-Irelands than Tyrone. Football didn't start in 2003 you know.

Exactly, even they could negotiate through Munster easily enough to have a rattle at a few All Ireland's.

Ah..the auld easy provincial path argument

Ulster:
"GAA" Population: ~1.1 million
No. of Semi-final appearances: ~130
No. of AI wins: 17

Kerry:
population: 145,502
No. of semi-final appearances: ~76
No, AI wins: 37

so with half the opportunities we've won more than twice as many AI as the entire province of Ulster !

I think that puts that argument to bed  ;)

That's a poor argument even by your standards Mike. Just because one Ulster team makes it through to an AI semi that experience doesn't help another. If Kerry know they are virtually in an AI semi every year they just have to peak for August / September. An Ulster team has to peak for the first round.

Traditionally, we have peaked for Cork far more than the semi-final.If Cork played in Ulster they'd probably have a lot more AI. In fact they probably would have matched Ulsters current total of 17 given they would have been guaranteed a semi-final every year. 

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: JimStynes on September 28, 2014, 02:54:53 PM
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/tomas-o-se-we-never-beat-tyrone-when-it-really-mattered-30278802.html

Like I said, he is just telling you what you want to hear. The fact that he is selling newspapers also comes into play. the O'Se's are very cute in that respect  ;)

We reserve our real respect for counties that produce true greats of the game like Matt Connor ,Dermot Early, Jimmy Barry Murphy, Ciaran McDonald,Darren Fay, Bernard Brogan etc.. Ulster never produce those kind of players. I've often wondered why that is so. It is quite puzzling really.

Why is natural talent so frowned on in Ulster ?

JimStynes

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 28, 2014, 03:10:03 PM
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/tomas-o-se-we-never-beat-tyrone-when-it-really-mattered-30278802.html

Like I said, he is just telling you what you want to hear. The fact that he is selling newspapers also comes into play. the O'Se's are very cute in that respect  ;)

We reserve our real respect for counties that produce true greats of the game like Matt Connor ,Dermot Early, Jimmy Barry Murphy, Ciaran McDonald,Darren Fay, Bernard Brogan etc.. Ulster never produce those kind of players. I've often wondered why that is so. It is quite puzzling really.

We are too busy attending anti Israel protests to practise our skills.

Man Marker

Ok, I'll bite, you don't view Canavan, Mc Guigan, Canavagh, Tohill, Scullion, Linden, Murphy, Mc Conville, Mc Hugh as natural footballers?

tonto1888

Oisin McConville? Stevie McDonnell? Peter Canavan?

Rossfan

I suspect anyone on a team that bet Kerry are wiped from Sheehy's memory  ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Rossfan on September 30, 2014, 12:40:17 PM
I suspect anyone on a team that bet Kerry are wiped from Sheehy's memory  ;D

Its been a good year for Roscommon. Look at ye with ye're big shiny new bus ...

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: JimStynes on September 30, 2014, 12:29:21 PM

We are too busy attending anti Israel protests to practise our skills.

Did you and your Jihadi mates face the flag or mecca during the National anthem ?

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Man Marker on September 30, 2014, 12:37:27 PM
Ok, I'll bite, you don't view Canavan, Mc Guigan, Canavagh, Tohill, Scullion, Linden, Murphy, Mc Conville, Mc Hugh as natural footballers?

They MIGHT have been good footballers but it is impossible to tell when they are sacrificed to the system.

Michael Murphy is a great player but he has ended up playing corner back at times ffs. It is ridiculous.

You lads will be thanking us in the years to come because we have , essentially, saved football again. By beating the
system at it's most negative we have now forced Ulster "tae think again" as the song goes. You will have to do more than simply trying to stop the other team playing.

Of course, Ulster may respond by going even more negative. Not sure how that is possible but if anyone can find a more negative way it is Ulster  ::) Hopefully that won't happen  as it will be a tragedy for any decent footballers in the province.

J OGorman

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 30, 2014, 01:32:01 PM

They MIGHT have been good footballers but it is impossible to tell when they are sacrificed to the system.

Michael Murphy is a great player but he has ended up playing corner back at times ffs. It is ridiculous.

You lads will be thanking us in the years to come because we have , essentially, saved football again. By beating the
system at it's most negative we have now forced Ulster "tae think again" as the song goes. You will have to do more than simply trying to stop the other team playing.

Of course, Ulster may respond by going even more negative. Not sure how that is possible but if anyone can find a more negative way it is Ulster  ::) Hopefully that won't happen  as it will be a tragedy for any decent footballers in the province.

you'd near put a man off the Kingdom

imtommygunn

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 30, 2014, 01:32:01 PM

What systems did you disapprove off in the 90s??

Ciarrai_thuaidh

How did this turn into such an abortion of a thread? :(

"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...