Tommy Walsh - Kerry

Started by Jinxy, July 02, 2011, 10:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcarrier

True Gaels dont need google to know Kerry player stats are available from 1928 at http://terracetalk.com/kerry-football/clubs/

It's is a brilliant archive unmatched by any other county and reflects "religion" status of football in the kingdom.

The rest of us can only aspire to their level of devotion.

5 Sams

Quote from: bcarrier on September 26, 2014, 08:21:12 PM
True Gaels dont need google to know Kerry player stats are available from 1928 at http://terracetalk.com/kerry-football/clubs/

It's is a brilliant archive unmatched by any other county and reflects "religion" status of football in the kingdom.

The rest of us can only aspire to their level of devotion.

+1. Also if you have any interest in Kerry football at all you could do worse than get your hands on Niall Flynn's book "36 and counting". Superb piece of work with the cover pic by one of our own Kerry Mike. http://www.amazon.com/Counting-Kerrys-Football-Story-2009/dp/1426920695
Niall is California based and has been known to contribute on here. It really is a bible of Kerry football. Looks like you're gonna need to update it the way things are going Niall!
The Aristocrat Years

omagh_gael

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 28, 2012, 11:54:49 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on May 28, 2012, 01:36:48 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on May 28, 2012, 01:20:51 PM
You're some craic Mikey, as you are clearly off your rocker I will indulge you in some more Kerry bashing. Our Joe was in some form on the Sunday game yesterday: Jack O' doesn't have a clue when the going gets tough against Tyrone, the majority of Kerry's (recent) AI's were "cakewalks," all they are doing now is copying what Tyrone and northern teams brought to the game. These were just a few of his (not my) observations. Must hurt?

well..I am glad you are admitting your ultimate motive is kerry bashing. (As if we didnt know that already).;..and listen laddie...Kerry dont "copy" tyrone teams...win or lose we stay true to our principles. Thats why Kerry footballers will still be immortalized long after your gym bunnies are forgotten.

Hah!

Reading back through this thread and came across this beauty, Mike. Is the bit in bold still relevant after the Kingdom's game plan on Sunday?

Fear ón Srath Bán

:D

Oh dear, omagh_gael! :)

That, and the fact it was a 'Kerry' man with more than a smidgen of Tír Eoghain blood 'what won it for 'em guv'! :D

Spare a thought for the even more demented demented, and the dementedness they must be dementedingly suffering right now. :)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

BennyHarp

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 26, 2014, 06:41:29 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on September 26, 2014, 06:37:09 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 26, 2014, 06:35:09 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on September 26, 2014, 06:02:05 PM
But you's are sensitive souls and I understand this is heightened as you are just coming to terms with the new sewer football that you now play.

It's very funny to watch Brolly try to come up with a label like "sewer" football and Nordies like you trying to make it stick. It's obvious that it is a retaliation for the "puke football" jibe that you have never lived down.Even your banter is manufactured and forced just like your football  :D

Did Brolly say that? I don't watch the Sunday Game

I corrected it for you  ;) he said "vomit" in some article,  which is even less original than sewer!

Apology accepted!
That was never a square ball!!

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: omagh_gael on September 27, 2014, 12:13:08 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on May 28, 2012, 11:54:49 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on May 28, 2012, 01:36:48 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on May 28, 2012, 01:20:51 PM
You're some craic Mikey, as you are clearly off your rocker I will indulge you in some more Kerry bashing. Our Joe was in some form on the Sunday game yesterday: Jack O' doesn't have a clue when the going gets tough against Tyrone, the majority of Kerry's (recent) AI's were "cakewalks," all they are doing now is copying what Tyrone and northern teams brought to the game. These were just a few of his (not my) observations. Must hurt?

well..I am glad you are admitting your ultimate motive is kerry bashing. (As if we didnt know that already).;..and listen laddie...Kerry dont "copy" tyrone teams...win or lose we stay true to our principles. Thats why Kerry footballers will still be immortalized long after your gym bunnies are forgotten.

Hah!

Reading back through this thread and came across this beauty, Mike. Is the bit in bold still relevant after the Kingdom's game plan on Sunday?

Did you see Peter Crowleys block down ? Marc O'Se's classic "hand in" dispossession of McFadden (multiple times). That is what ultimately beat Donegal. True Kerry traditional defending. Adding the odd tactic and a bit of the auld dreaded "shape" to defence is neither here nor there.

The thing about you nordies is that you basically want us to play with one hand tied behind our backs. Those days are over.
We are competing on a level playing field now and judging by all the gurning and gnashing of teeth you lads don't like it one little bit. You are all like mini-Brollys sniping away.

I'm loving it. Keep at it  ;D

rrhf

I think Kerry football and their cheer leaders have grown up and realised that all Ireland's are won tough. If Kerry are cynical hoors then they ca now accept thatcriticism but their days of aloofness are over. What a pity we can't have them in the ulster championship

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: rrhf on September 27, 2014, 11:30:09 PM
I think Kerry football and their cheer leaders have grown up and realised that all Ireland's are won tough. If Kerry are cynical hoors then they ca now accept thatcriticism but their days of aloofness are over. What a pity we can't have them in the ulster championship

Nah, they are quite easy to win really...for us anyway. Sure we have 37 of them.

We'd walk Ulster.

Shite province.

rrhf

I think the days of Spillane and co.  The emperor is fully clothed sur are over. I'm just saying welcome to real football. It's a compliment.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 27, 2014, 11:34:42 PM

Nah, they are quite easy to win really...for us anyway. Sure we have 37 of them.

We'd walk Ulster.

Shite province.

Damn right they were easy won! I'm glad this is finally recognised, when for 100 odd years you only had to roll over the tripe in Munster to set up an AI semi final appearance. The big question in Kerry should be why they only have 37 AI titles given the fact that they had so many Munster titles handed to them?

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 27, 2014, 11:49:05 PM

We'd walk Ulster.

Shite province.

Damn right they were easy won! I'm glad this is finally recognised, when for 100 odd years you only had to roll over the tripe in Munster to set up an AI semi final appearance. The big question in Kerry should be why they only have 37 AI titles given the fact that they had so many Munster titles handed to them?

Sure, Tipperary have more All-Irelands than Tyrone. Football didn't start in 2003 you know.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: rrhf on September 27, 2014, 11:37:42 PM
I think the days of Spillane and co.  The emperor is fully clothed sur are over. I'm just saying welcome to real football. It's a compliment.

Just back from the pub eh ?

BennyHarp

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 28, 2014, 12:02:16 AM

We'd walk Ulster.

Shite province.

Sure, Tipperary have more All-Irelands than Tyrone. Football didn't start in 2003 you know.

Exactly, even they could negotiate through Munster easily enough to have a rattle at a few All Ireland's. I agree though, football didn't start in 2003 but if you are harping back to 1920 when Munster was competitive as Tipp were in their pomp, then it doesn't really help your argument.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 28, 2014, 12:31:21 AM

We'd walk Ulster.

Shite province.

Exactly, even they could negotiate through Munster easily enough to have a rattle at a few All Ireland's.

Ah..the auld easy provincial path argument

Ulster:
"GAA" Population: ~1.1 million
No. of Semi-final appearances: ~130
No. of AI wins: 17

Kerry:
population: 145,502
No. of semi-final appearances: ~76
No, AI wins: 37

so with half the opportunities we've won more than twice as many AI as the entire province of Ulster !

I think that puts that argument to bed  ;)

BennyHarp

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 28, 2014, 01:07:22 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on September 28, 2014, 12:31:21 AM

We'd walk Ulster.

Shite province.

Exactly, even they could negotiate through Munster easily enough to have a rattle at a few All Ireland's.

Ah..the auld easy provincial path argument

Ulster:
"GAA" Population: ~1.1 million
No. of Semi-final appearances: ~130
No. of AI wins: 17

Kerry:
population: 145,502
No. of semi-final appearances: ~76
No, AI wins: 37

so with half the opportunities we've won more than twice as many AI as the entire province of Ulster !

I think that puts that argument to bed  ;)

That's a poor argument even by your standards Mike. Just because one Ulster team makes it through to an AI semi that experience doesn't help another. If Kerry know they are virtually in an AI semi every year they just have to peak for August / September. An Ulster team has to peak for the first round.