Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Surely the Eu will eventually just tell the UK to get out though? (Maybe on April the 12th)

Rossfan

The EU will want stability as much as possible so will probably give them an extension.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Gabriel_Hurl

Are the DUPPERS finally turning?

Dodds earlier

Quote"We will look at any option. At the end of the day why should we believe that it was right to vote Leave? When we were in the EU people were quite happy with that in N Ireland because we were there together with everybody else."

Rossfan

Errr Nigeen....why were ye such enthusiatis Brexiteers??
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

macdanger2

Quote from: mouview on March 29, 2019, 09:45:38 AM
Quote from: balladmaker on March 28, 2019, 11:01:31 PM
I don't think there is any chance of May's deal going through on Friday, not going by the mutterings from MP's on TV tonight anyway.  It's looking like a long extension, and ultimately the complete unravelling of Brexit .... which will suit the DUP well.  They can then return to their bigoted ways this side of the Irish Sea, where unfortunately their grass roots support will continue to back them to keep Sinn Fein out ... the whole thing is pathetic.

They'll be bigoted regardless of which way things end up. Their intransigence over this and their willingness to sacrifice the North to remain in the UK may drive wavering DUP voters to support Alliance or the UUP in future. The DUP won't come out of this unscathed.

The beeb had a quick vox pop last night in Larne, all those interviewed were supportive of the DUP position........

GJL

Quote from: macdanger2 on March 29, 2019, 05:25:21 PM
Quote from: mouview on March 29, 2019, 09:45:38 AM
Quote from: balladmaker on March 28, 2019, 11:01:31 PM
I don't think there is any chance of May's deal going through on Friday, not going by the mutterings from MP's on TV tonight anyway.  It's looking like a long extension, and ultimately the complete unravelling of Brexit .... which will suit the DUP well.  They can then return to their bigoted ways this side of the Irish Sea, where unfortunately their grass roots support will continue to back them to keep Sinn Fein out ... the whole thing is pathetic.

They'll be bigoted regardless of which way things end up. Their intransigence over this and their willingness to sacrifice the North to remain in the UK may drive wavering DUP voters to support Alliance or the UUP in future. The DUP won't come out of this unscathed.

The beeb had a quick vox pop last night in Larne, all those interviewed were supportive of the DUP position........

Shit hole full of hardcore loyalists.  Not all DUP voters would think with a Larne attitude

weareros

May forgot to heed the words of WC Fields. If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No point in being a damn fool about it.

JPGJOHNNYG

Nigel dodds now all over the f**king place. Better to stay in the eu to retain the Union he says. What happened to the majority of uk voted for brexit and to f**k what the people of NI want. He fairly changed his tune. Maybe the penny finally dropped that the DUP and pretty much the DUP alone were risking the union. Looks like the brick did some permanent damage lol

ardtole

If a general election is called is called, Nigel Dodd might no l9nger be a mp. He has a majority from 2017 of 2000 approx and I don't think the uup fielded a candidate in North Belfast back then.

weareros

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on March 29, 2019, 06:54:48 PM
Nigel dodds now all over the f**king place. Better to stay in the eu to retain the Union he says. What happened to the majority of uk voted for brexit and to f**k what the people of NI want. He fairly changed his tune. Maybe the penny finally dropped that the DUP and pretty much the DUP alone were risking the union. Looks like the brick did some permanent damage lol

After the Sky News Gaffe, maybe he's decided that instead of a SuperBrit, he is now a SuperEura-peeing.

marty34

Dodds just did a massive u turn - he now wants to stay...lol.  What a clown!

A bit dierrent from McCausland's 'we don't care, we just want out' Brexit. A bunch of clowns.

yellowcard

The biggest story of yesterday was Dodds letting the cat out of the bag in admitting that staying in the EU would be a better option than what is currently on offer. Dodd's is a pragmatist and will have realized at this stage that there is no good Brexit for them. I do think that the implications of the backstop on the Union has been over exaggerated by the DUP but if they were confident that there were the technological solutions to solve the border conundrum then it wouldn't even be an issue. However there aren't any such solutions and the north is only being used as leverage by many within the Tory party to obtain the hardest possible Brexit.

With the DUP it's Union first and Brexit second, with the Tories it is the other way about since after all this entire Brexit process has largely been about the rise of English nationalism. It's a case of chickens coming home to roost for the DUP.

screenexile

The DUP and ERG have backed themselves into a corner neither want to be the ones to own a Hard Brexit and funny enough I don't think the EU will want to own it either which is why I think we'll see a much longer extension.

yellowcard

Just seeing the video clip of Ian Paisley junior giving a rabble rousing speech in Parliament Square last night. You would be forgiven for thinking you had been transported back 35 years and it was his father stood there stirring up hatred and fear. It's hard to reconcile that with the comments of Nigel Dodds earlier in the day stating that he would accept remain rather than Theresa May's deal.

I think there must be some internal disagreements within the DUP between the hardliners like Sammy Wilson and Paisley junior on one hand and Donaldson, Robinson and Simon Hamilton on the other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldv570I_W2w

Insane Bolt

Quote from: yellowcard on March 30, 2019, 06:11:17 PM
Just seeing the video clip of Ian Paisley junior giving a rabble rousing speech in Parliament Square last night. You would be forgiven for thinking you had been transported back 35 years and it was his father stood there stirring up hatred and fear. It's hard to reconcile that with the comments of Nigel Dodds earlier in the day stating that he would accept remain rather than Theresa May's deal.

I think there must be some internal disagreements within the DUP between the hardliners like Sammy Wilson and Paisley junior on one hand and Donaldson, Robinson and Simon Hamilton on the other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldv570I_W2w

Mr Hamilton has been kicked to touch for roiding a kafflick 😂 Junior obviously running out of options for holidays....looks like Margate now😂